Just got back last week 3/12

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mrmike9
Just got back last week 3/12

Post by mrmike9 » Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:54 pm

We were fortunate to be able to make another trip to PV last week for five days. We had a great time (as usual) and the weather was great although it was a little cloudy three of days which resulted in less than spectacular sunsets (we got a little spoiled in November when it was clear every night we were there)! We stayed at the Hotel Los Arcos Vallarta (for $46 USD a night you can't beat it!) and started and ended each day at our favorite hangout - Andale. We did Sunday brunch at Pipi's (as several people on this board suggested) and it was worth every centavo (about $12.00 US)! Also hit Archi's burgers for lunch one day (a little pricier than I thought it would be, about $4.50 USD for a cheeseburger that was maybe a 1/4 pound but it was good).

It was good to see the town lively again. When we were there in November the town was dead. Looks like more and more people are starting to fly and take vacations again. Didn't see any cruise ships in town again this entire trip. I guess people aren't cruising like they used to. I remember seeing at least one or two cruise ships in each day when we went there in years past. No problems at the airport leaving as some people have mentioned in the past few months. They still search all checked baggage but they didn't check my carry on (although it had to go through the x-ray machine as usual). I had my camera and video camera in my carry-on bag (both had batteries in them) and they went through the x-ray machine with no problems or questions. All in all a great trip!