Hola Amigos

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jomax24
Hola Amigos

Post by jomax24 » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:25 pm

Just got home from another fabulous week in PV.
Got the classic BBQ'd Canadian look after a huge day out atthe beach at the Mayan Palace, Nuevo.
Took a jaunt to Pitillal (sp) What a quaint little place that is. Spent more Pesos there than anywhere else in town as the deals to be had were excellent. Stopped into their church on Sunday. They have this mega huge carving of Christ on the wall, must be at least 15 feet tall, 6 feet across and carved from a single log!
We also took the Rancho Palmas Real ride. That was great!!!!!
I would love to go back in about August/September when the "Jungle is alive". Most of the undergrowth up the mountain was pretty crispy. Not many flowers or birds, but, it reminded me a lot of pack trips into the Rockies. Rode past the town of Las Palmas and their cemetary. Each gravesite has it's own little whitewashed house. Very pretty.
One of the cheap highlights of the week were the crocodiles in the Marina.
The only one I saw was about 6 feet long, but I was told by others that there was an even bigger one and that there were 6 of them altogether in the Marina bay.
They seem to have a really bad mange problem in their dogs there right now. It's way worse than I've ever seen it before, so to be on the safe side, don't pet the dogs and leave yours at home.
I noticed that the prices of everything went up after 9-11 and although they're back to pretty much full tourism again, the prices aren't coming back down. We found that if we weren't careful we ended up paying more than if we were back home. It pays to shop around.
Timeshare sharks still suck, but, what can you do? It's the price we pay to play there I guess.
We met up with our old friends and made a bunch of new ones. These have got to be some of the friendliest people on earth.
All in all it was another great trip and I'm sure we'll be back.