Chuck and Group return from the Crown Paradise

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Chuck and Group return from the Crown Paradise

Post by chuck » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:56 am

Another wonderful trip, hola to those guests that had read my posts that I ran into. We were 13 that came down this time ages 23-54. Once again the building was in top shape, clean, and of course freshly painted. We wore our beach gear on the plane from St. Louis and hit the beach right away. Surprised to see the hotel about 60% full. Plenty of space around the pool and we were still able to make reservations at Salvator's at 12:30pm. Glad to see all the staff and other workers were still there. New additions to the entertianment staff were some very beautiful young girls, Rachael, Valerie, Ashly, and Vexanna (sp)..and a very talented dancer from Yucatan, Danny #2. After being greated by our staff friends from other trips, Dany, Ceasar, Charlie, Benjie, Pauloa, we were ready for some serious fun. Pool side water sports were going on and we all joined in, of course with the ever present Sol cerveza, margurita or Cuba libre close by. The Grill by the pool served up the usual Tacos, grilled chicken (always add lime juice), steak sandwiches and pizza. Kay, my wife, always needs her Choc. cake and Vanilla ice cream so we had to go the Beuna Vista and be taken care of by our friends, Jesus, Carlos (I,II,&III) and Paulie. These guys are fast, and like to help you with your spanish. After a hard fought game of tequila volley ball we went to the Breeze bar on the beach to see our great pal, Aldo, a big mexican with a really good heart and an quick eye to fill up you beer glass. My traveling companions really bonded with him.
We did make it out to town for shopping (Fotbol jerseys from Atletica), silver and for food. We went to Pi Pi's for fajitas and chili rellenos, and one night went to El Paloma de los Gonzales. El Paloma is a resturant in a private home up in the hills over looking the bay. We sat rooftop and had enormous trays of seafood and steak ($350 USD for 8 people). what a view of the town and sunset, very romantic. The next couple of days some of us took tours to the islands, the jungle 4 wheelers tour, and horse back riding. Some even got brave and did the parasailing ($400 MP / $40 USD) every one really enjoyed that activity. As always everyone I talked to had had a good time and said they planned to return sometime. At 9:30 pm we would go over to the Factory Club for the shows put on by the staff, very energetic performances, entertaining and lots of really cold bottled beer (Sol. XX and my favorite, Indio.. a mellow dark brew that is really good after a meal).
The weather was typical and cooperated with our plans, high 80's & LOW 90's with lots of sun everyday and 3 thunderstorms around midnight the first couple of days we were there JUN 21-28. I just hope some of you out there will try this resort. If you are into relaxation, food, drinks, fun and facilities without kids you really need to try the Crown.