Beware Las Gaviotas at Mismaloya Beach

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JHilger
Beware Las Gaviotas at Mismaloya Beach

Post by JHilger » Wed Feb 21, 2001 12:43 am

I had a terrible experience at this restaurant. I parked my rented jeep up the road from the restaurant and left my camera, prescription glasses, and cellphone on top of the vehicle (yes, my stupidity, but . . . . When I realized what I had done, about an hour later, I went back to the vehicle and found a note which basically said (in Spanish) Your cellular and camera were taken by a man who works at las gaviotas restaurant, he is the son of the chavira. I saw him when he took them, my name is Oscar Ali..... So I went up the place hoping some friendly soul was ready to return my stuff to me. When I got there, however, and asked for "el hijo de la chavira" I was looked at strangely and asked to wait. About 30 minutes later, this teenage kid comes out saying "que quiero con un pinche camera?". He didn't even give me a chance to ask for it nicely. He was angry because he had been accused. He told me that the guy who wrote the note probably took the stuff, yeah, that makes mucho sense. Well, needless to say, he acted super-guilty, but as I had no "proof" other than my note, I never got my camera, phone, or glasses back. If you do go by there, ask his dad to give him a spanking, the little punk. (His dad is the owner of the restaurant and wasn't around when I was there.) And all of this happened 3 hours before our flight back to the states. Oh well . . . Do me a favor and boycot the overpriced place.