GCP (Golden Crown Paradise Hotel), Puerto Vallarta

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Rob H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
GCP (Golden Crown Paradise Hotel), Puerto Vallarta

Post by Rob H » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:20 am

We stayed at the GCP July 8th-July 13th, 2006. Here is a quick summary of the vacation.

Left Kansas City Missouri early in the morning. Very uneventful trip on American Airlines. We did get into Puerto Vallarta a little early. After getting the green light and fighting our way through the time share folks, we got us a cab. We were finally on our way to GCP.

Upon our arrival we were greeted with a cold wash cloth and a drink. Check-in went smoothly. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room #2612 (Honeymoon Suite) was not ready, so the staff told us to walk around and enjoy ourselves.

A little before 3:00pm our room was ready. The bellboy grabbed all our luggage and took us to our room. We were hoping for a tub on the balcony. However, the tub was in the room. As it turned out, we think we liked that better. The room was huge , nice, and very clean. We were celebrating our anniversary. The staff had left a nice card and a bottle of champagne in our room.

Housekeeping always did a great job with the room. We never had a problem with not having towels or making up our room late. They did a wonderful job.

We thought the resort was clean and well kept. The staff was always cleaning and mowing the areas. The bar staff was quick about cleaning up the plates and glasses around the pool.

The first night we ate at the Bellavista and we ate lunch there twice. Dinner was great, lunch was good. The staff was wonderful all three times.

We ate at Paradise twice. The first time was my birthday. My wife had told them when she made reservations. When we arrived the table was decorated with balloons. They brought out champagne and treated us like royalty. They gave me a birthday cake with my name on the plate. They even sang Happy Birthday to me. Dinner was delicious. And the Sexy Coffee. Words cannot describe that. Poly and his staff were unbelievable. Poly was very helpful suggesting a place to eat off the resort. We ate breakfast three times at Paradise. Each time the food was good. Poly even made a special omelette for my wife.

We ate at Salvadors one night. The staff was great and so was the food. The hostess was even nice enough to give us a quick Spanish lesson.

The bars and grills were great. The pork tacos at the pool were unbelievable. The sushi at the Breeze bar was excellent. We had to have some every night. The drinks were strong at all the bars. The bar staff were always friendly, fun, and great at keeping the glasses full. Unfortunantly we cannot remember the names of the male and female wait staff that worked the pool. However, they did an outstanding job of bringing drinks to everyone at the pool. When our drink was low they had another on the way.

Some people have complained about the night life of the resort. Almost every night we went to Club Nitro. The shows were entertaining and fun. After the show it turned into a disco. The music was good. The staff was great. They did a good job of bringing out special shots. More people should take advantage of the club.

The beach was clean. The vendors do get annoying after awhile. However, they are just trying to earn a living like the rest of us.

We did go off the resort once for dinner at El Palomar. The view was amazing. And the seafood was even better.

Overall the vacation was great. The staff made the trip enjoyable and relaxing. We did tip, however, I do not think it made a difference of how we were treated.

We will definitely return.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:15 am

Nice report. Sounds like you guys had a good time.
Thanks for sharing. :D

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:20 pm

DELETED

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:44 pm

Great report I think we were there at the same time. Could it be that we met? I guess some peopl are wanting to know where my report is and even, where have I been. I have started it but we have really been slamed since we got back but I will get it out soon. You are so right about Poly I could tell you some things....

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Rob and Shanna, that is an excellent report. I am glad that your celebrations turned out nicely. Isn't Poly just the greatest though. Welcome home, good to hear from you today. You really made my day today with this trip report.

Take care....

Tom aka Mr Crown...

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:43 pm

Thanks for the nice and "realistic" report. I was there just a week before your visit and had a wonderful time also. You can't beat the staff at this resort.

Now, Night and day, different peoples' perception of the same place during the same time.

On the TA forum board a guest who was at the GCP the exact time that we were has posted a damning report about "our GCP". According to her, this is the worst resort ever created. I say this only because since her report is being challenged by other previous guests of the GCP, she feels she needs to validate her bilious hatred to every thing and everybody pertaining to this resort. She has vowed to post her super negative views on this forum.

I am glad she vowes never to return to the GCP. My beef with her is her damning of the staff and overall quest to divert other visitiors away from the GCP.

:twisted:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm

chuck wrote:Now, Night and day, different peoples' perception of the same place during the same time.

On the TA forum board a guest who was at the GCP the exact time that we were has posted a damning report about "our GCP". According to her, this is the worst resort ever created. I say this only because since her report is being challenged by other previous guests of the GCP, she feels she needs to validate her bilious hatred to every thing and everybody pertaining to this resort. She has vowed to post her super negative views on this forum.

I am glad she vowes never to return to the GCP. My beef with her is her damning of the staff and overall quest to divert other visitiors away from the GCP.

:twisted:
Oh my dear dear friend Chuck. I am with you there on this report as well. I see that TA has now locked down that thread as it was getting quite ugly and personal. and i don't care what anybody says out there, when you were staying there the exact same time the OP was there. Come on! She was was too "detailed" for my tastes. My beef with her was the condemnation of the staff and then getting all ruffled when we questioned her report. It was like don't question me and my report...

ok, well BP is up again, time for another tequila and squirt to calm things down... But i am glad that there many more new reports coming out about how good their vacations were at the GCP... Robb's here, and i just saw 3 more good reviews on TA...

Thanks again Robb... Thanks to you too Chuck for standing firm buddy...

:wink: :lol: 8)

Rob H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Rob H » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:29 pm

Ozzy, showed my wife your picture in your profile. She remembers seeing you at the pool. If you played any of the water volleyball, you and I would have met.

Tojol, I posted a review on TA for everyone that uses that site as a research tool. So, hopfully that will help some people.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:49 pm

Rob H wrote:Ozzy, showed my wife your picture in your profile. She remembers seeing you at the pool. If you played any of the water volleyball, you and I would have met.

Tojol, I posted a review on TA for everyone that uses that site as a research tool. So, hopfully that will help some people.

Well i am glad that you got to hook up with the Ozzy man... and i am sure there was a moment or two you were standing right next to chuck and didn't even realize it...

Robb, thank you for your posts, and i am glad that you got a nice room in 2612. Now that had a jacuzzi inside versus on the veranda right? I thought all the "end" units (eg 2601 and 2612) would have been on the veranda... oh well... as we have had 2601 before so that is why i talked about that wing and room... oh well... as long as you had a good time that is all that matters... Take care and thanks again... hope to see yo down there again sometime.... :wink: :lol: 8)

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:05 pm

Hey Rob and Shanna!

Smithville, right?

We met you the day you arrived. We talked and had drink at the breeze bar that night. Our group had to leave the very next morning (didnt leave till after 9pm, but that is another story), but I wish we could have stayed longer and had a few more drinks.

Glad to see you had a good time and welcome back to reality. One good thing about reality is the little one waiting at home for you.

~Kansas

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:48 pm

kansas wrote:Hey Rob and Shanna!

Smithville, right?

We met you the day you arrived. We talked and had drink at the breeze bar that night. Our group had to leave the very next morning (didnt leave till after 9pm, but that is another story), but I wish we could have stayed longer and had a few more drinks.

Glad to see you had a good time and welcome back to reality. One good thing about reality is the little one waiting at home for you.

~Kansas
Hey there Kansas, weren't you there the same time as the Ozzy man was... the big question is this, did YOU have a good time... and would love to hear the story on the departure... don't tell me you were stuck at the airport for a long long time right... YIKES.... don't that just bite...

talk to you latere....

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Yeah, Oz and us coordinated to be there at the same time. He arrived the 4th and left the 11th. We arrived the 5th and left the 9th.

We met Ozzy and Susan 2 yrs ago when we were there and became friends. We try to keep in touch when we find a moment that is calm.

We met Rob and Shanna this time right before we left. They seemed like they would be fun to hang out with too. Maybe next time.

I wish we could have stayed a whole week, but due to schedules that is the best we could do. That and direct flights are only Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Oh, and to tell you we were at the airport the whole time. Yeah, real fun. We were going to call Ozzy and have him bring us drinks on the beach until our flight.

I will try to get a trip report later to include that day at the airport. Didnt watch, but got to hear the world cup. Not big on soccer, but the airport was packed at all the tvs during the game.

Rob H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Rob H » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey Kansas, Yes we are the ones from Smithville. Really enjoyed having a few drinks with you and your group. Thanks for introducing me to the good tequila at the bar. Can't wait to have some of that BBQ you were tellilng me about.

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Rob,

You can thank Ozzy for that. He introduced me to it 2 yrs ago when we met.

It is good!

Too bad (well maybe not) the wife cut me off that afternoon. I was starting to let loose and the when the animal gets out of the cage, look out!

I was pretty mellow by the time we were having drinks at the breeze bar.

I will shoot you and everyone here an invite when I get the place open.

Later,

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:20 pm

BBQ place... good for you Kansas... let us know too... we will be down in KC for Lorrie's b-day next month. We will be staying down at Country Club Plaza Area... can't wait to hear your side of the stories that Rob and Ozzy have been saying about you... :wink: :lol: 8)