Chico's Paradise

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Kaliraksha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Chico's Paradise

Post by Kaliraksha » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:47 pm

Going up the mountain in general, but I had this experience going to Chico's Paradise. Be sure you time everything correctly... when I went they closed the restaurant at 6 and we got there at 5. We wanted the adventure of taking the bus down the mountain plus saving yourself an 18 dollar taxi ride. The bus didn't come at 7pm (which is the last time it stops by)... so we were hanging out with the waiters there.... and one of the ladies told us that the next and only bus that day was at 11pm. All the lights are off and you are completely in the dark... didn't help that this lady told us some horror story about a guy who was kidnapping women from up there. Haha, don't know if she was joking or not but she was in her late 40's and seemed pretty serious. Fortunately, one of the owners came by in his minivan at around 8pm to close down and take the money to depost in bank the next day. He gave 8 people a ride down the hill in his minivan... but it was a really pleasant experience. However, if he had not come I don't know what we would have done.... not like our cell phones work... and no taxi driver was going to pass by anytime soon. Just make sure you set up arrangements to leave early or have a taxi driver wait for you.