beware of vallarta adventure videos

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

reggaelovemusic
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
beware of vallarta adventure videos

Post by reggaelovemusic » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 pm

We were on a Mariettas tour in Feb 06 with vallarta adventures, we bought a video that suppose to be done by a expert . This video cost $50.00 american. we got home and the quality was dreadful, can hardly see it, and it pauses very often. We called Vallarta tours and they have done nothing about it. Don't spend your money on these videos........
If there is anyone else outthere who got this crap can you relpy to this mayby together we can get our money back. i know that there were lots of people buying them on the boat.
I have had the fortune of returning to pv after being home for 3 weeks. Great seat sale and relatives that are presentle there now with free bedroom space at the grand mayan so back i go with a big smile. I will be bringing the dvd back to vallarta adventure and they can see it for the self. i will update when i return to let you all know what they have done to help me out . :lol:

I brought my dvd back to Vallarta adventures they looked at the dvd and said they would fix it and return it to my hotel the next day. The next day came and I asked the hotel to use their dvd player and the disc was still the same. I returned to Vallarta adventure and they looked at it again and then said that the disc was faultly and that it was the way it was taped , something about having a new video camera and not using it right. So they gave me back my money. So I am now sad that I lost my memories of The Marrietas but I got my money back.
Last edited by reggaelovemusic on Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

mlroberts
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mlroberts » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:19 pm

I bought a video a couple of years ago when we did Los Celentes (?) and it was very good. My Niece was feeling no pain after a nice day drinking cervesas and joined the dance contest on the way home! I'll be showing this one on her wedding day! :D

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:23 pm

on the second page of this topic theres a post from ginger about the same thing you can read what some others did. sorry this happened to you.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

VCD

Post by webmaster » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:39 pm

I think people maybe have trouble with the discs because they have some old dvd player, the ones I've received are fine now that I got an uptodate DVD player. The previous topic: viewtopic.php?t=7205

Greetings

Mogens

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:26 am

We have bought videos and DVD's from various tour operators over the years and only once had a problem with a blank tape. We always ask to view at least part of the tape first to make sure it was from the trip that we took and to check the quality of the recording. The time we had trouble the tape was blank. They seemed more shocked than we were and quickly got another tape and repeatedly apologized to us. They usually make two or three copies at one time and usually don't take or often have the time to check all of them. I have taken many tours with Vallarta Adventures and they have always to appeared to be an honest well-run tour company. Always ask to view or check the quality of a tape or DVD before you buy it. I have never seen an operator refuse to do that. If not be sure to check it before you leave Mexico, if there is a problem and you return it I'm sure they will exchange it for a working one. I for one would not send you a new tape, as they have no idea if you have even bought one in the first place. I have had friends ( and I use the term friends lightly) that have tried to get a tape free that way. People can be dis-honest on both sides of the sale. Be cautious ask to view it, if they do not want to let you, don't buy it. It is YOUR dollar to spend or not spend.
Better luck next time!
Condor :?

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Sorry to hear you had bad luck with your tape.We just returned & watched our Rythyms of the night DVd & it was great.Well worth the money.I'm sure we will watch it many times till we return next year.