Watch out for time share sharks posing as ALAMO clerks

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

myjulie40
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Watch out for time share sharks posing as ALAMO clerks

Post by myjulie40 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:56 pm

I usually love Alamo rental car in the United States. However, I was duped (or almost duped) by Grand Mayan time share sharks acting like they were Alamo clerks at Alamo's airport location (not the little booth right in the airport, but at the off-site location where you pick up the car). I was chatted up by a guy who acted like he was an Alamo guy, and stupidly answered all his questions about where we were going, where we were staying, etc. Again, I would have just ignored him if he approached me on the street or at the airport, but I thought he was a friendly Alamo employee making conversation. Here's the astounding part of the whole story: he offered to take FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS off the price of the rental car if we went to a Grand Mayan timeshare presentation. We said no. He couldn't believe it -- acted like nobody had ever said no to that much money.

I'm not really doubting that we could have received $400 off our rental car, because they had a TABLE set up inside the rental car place. I'm just saying that they should not be posing as Alamo employees. When we returned our car, all that stuff was gone so maybe an Alamo employee (not management) had allowed them in.

Have a great trip in PV -- ignore the time share guys and do what YOU want to do on your vacation.

orlando01
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

This time share are a pain in the behind

Post by orlando01 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:23 am

8) What my wife and i do is start to talk in spanish act like with from PVR. As soon as they here us talk they just think that were locals from the area and don'nt even borther us. :lol: It sort of funny how they so fast lose intrested in us :lol: . They might think these poor don'nt have dime :lol:

Hey it work for us and they leave us alone. :wink: