Villa Rentals - Applegate Realtors

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

aleceiffel
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Villa Rentals - Applegate Realtors

Post by aleceiffel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:41 pm

We had a wonderful vacation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico the week between Christmas and New Years. However, be very careful when dealing with Applegate Realtors. Deciding to rent a luxury villa, my extended family chose one of the properties advertised by Applegate Realtors in the center of town. Although expensive, we thought that having a heated pool was worth the price alone.

They advertised a heated pool and air conditioning and both did not work when we arrived at the Villa. Initally, none of the Air Conditioning units worked, but the staff was able to get them to work in a few hours. If the staff wasn't there, we would not have had air conditioning until the next day, at least.

It took a few days to get the heat in the pool working, and then it only worked for one day. Then the pool heater caught on fire and had to be extinguished by the pool maintenance man. It never worked again.

The general maintenance of the Villa was poor- many light bulbs were out, many knobs on the drawers kept falling off,and one of the bedroom lamp shades was missing during our entire saty even after we called attention to it. In the kitchen, the toaster was very old and didn't work well and the coffee pot didn't work all of the time with the plug broken. In fact one of us received an electrical shock when trying to make coffee one day.

Although we had a great time, because of the above we cannot recommend Applegate Realtors. We brought the issues to their attention during the middle of our stay, but Applegate refused to give us any monetary compensation.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Just shows, it's almost impossible not to have a great vacation in P.V., even with all that going on. Glad you overcame and had a good time.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:14 pm

next time, try pvrpv. they have fine attention to detail, and require contract to protect everyone, in cases such as yours, and they demand the property owners keep their properties up to a certain standard....the website is (www.pvrpv.com)

braden
PV Fan
PV Fan

I AM ALSO HAPPY THAT YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!

Post by braden » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:13 am

The next time you would like to rent a villa in Puerto Vallarta you should contact the people that run this website. I know that puertovallarta.net would be very happy to help you, and they stand behind their product.

Regards,
Braden

acounical

Koh Samui Villas

Post by acounical » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm

If you're thinking of getting away and escaping to a tropical island paradise, then you’ve found the perfect place. A coconut resort that has a swimming pool and a beach resort in front of its terrace with air-conditioned rooms, a large living room and with well equipped kitchenette is really a complete package. What a great place to relax and enjoy, together with your love ones.

John612
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Koh samui villas

Post by John612 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:54 am

I stayed at two different hotels over a period of a week. I highly recommend you think about staying at more than one hotel if you're spending more than a few days there. I know it may be a hassle to pack up and move to different hotels but everything is so close and it's nice to enjoy different room’s facilities and delicious food.