Time share leech -Adrianos, Bucerias

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

calgarians
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgarians » Wed May 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Long time lurker....felt it was time to actually comment on this great forum... we are annual visitors to this piece of paradise and have learned to go with the flow and not let these time share people ruin our trip. It is a personal choice... we do not want nor need their money, no matter what they offer and we find that by having fun and treating them with respect, all is well. However, 4 years ago we went to los arbolitos after hearing how great it was. We walked there, having a great adventure....and the meal was wonderful...until the Manager Shark ruined our evening. We have never gone back.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu May 10, 2007 5:14 am

would have said "yes i would love to go on a boat trip",and do have a preference giving them your boat name. why not get paid money and get money for your business?
Some of us are not that hard up for business that we would let the timeshare sharks that most people want nothing to do with shark our boat. No one sells our boat but us, that way we have total control over what is promised to our customers. When you are in the charter boat business in PV the worst thing you can do is turn over the selling to someone on the street or the beach who is going to promise the world to the customer just to get a commission and then tell you something totally different. The customer gets on the boat with expectations of what someone else has promised them and you either go along to give good customer service (at your own expense) or you have unhappy customers telling people never to go on that boat.

So it might sound like a good idea to get every Tom, Dick and Harry selling your business for you but it doesn't work!

It's not like owning a resturant in PV and using a third party to promote your business, it doesn't work for a boat. Can you imagine walking into a resturant and every waiter could tell you the price they wanted to charge for a specific meal? There would be the real cost of the meal and the rest would go in their pocket, or they would sell it under cost and it would come out of your pocket.

stanray55
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by stanray55 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:51 pm

It's funny, I have a shop in the Marina and have to listen to these guys day in and day out.

I can't even ask nicely if people would like to go fishing, they think I'm going to hit them with a presentation! It takes people, like today, days for them to realize that I'm the only guy not trying to get them into a presentacion, then they come talk to me....

There are thousands of great people here in PV, and not all of them are related in timeshare. I don't care what they call it, it's presentation that will eat your time here. Many people love the product, but I don't know anyone who likes the street contacts called OPC's.

Try this, ask them if what they're talking about involves you going to a presentation. If the answer is yes, then say no. If you're interested in a presentation, then go to the place you think you may like and walk around a little and ask clients if they would do it again. Now again, not all people will be happy... but if you talk iwth say five couples and they have nothing good to say, leave, in fact run.

Also, the check not coming to the table. Mexicans believe it's rude to bring a bill that hasn't been asked for. Many take this as bad service. So remember to ask your waiter, not some guy at your table for the bill. It works better that way....

One last thing, the restaurants in the PV area get paid a minimum of two thousand dollars a month for that guy to be in there. It covers most of their bills in the low season and covers expenses. When things are slow in PV, the "dogs" come out big time.

You have the power, because you have the money. When they finally realize this tactic won't work, then they'll try something else. But until it doesn't work, we either put up with it, or go else where..... I sorry to say, it will be much too late before they figure it all out....

myjulie40
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Adriano's in Bucerias

Post by myjulie40 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:57 pm

This topic is fascinating to me because we went to this restaurant about three weeks ago, on our way to the airport from Punta Mita. The waiter laughed at us when we ordered as well! (He did look to be the owner.) At the time, I assumed that it was because we didn't order any alcoholic beverages with our meal. But still....to laugh at your customers??? Huh??? And we were dressed very nicely since we were on our way to the airport.

We didn't receive a bill either....had to get up (!) and go hunt down the owner. Asked for the bill. Stood there for a long time while the owner gets out a broom and starts sweeping??!!! Finally I say that I need my bill or we will miss our flight, that we are going to the airport. (Perhaps if we were not on our way to the airport we would be received the timeshare pitch at this point....).

Food was fine, but expensive. About $15 US per person for lunch, no drinks.

Best part was that while we were eating lunch, a huge turtle walked out of the ocean, up onto the beach, and laid her eggs right under an umbrella on the beach at the same restaurant! I hope they cordoned off the nest.

Also be wary of time-share guys posing as Alamo agents at the off-site airport Alamo rental car place. They offered us $400 off our rental if we went to a Grand Mayan timeshare presentation. I declined. I don't really doubt that we could have received this, since they had a whole table set up inside the Alamo office! I wrote a separate post on the Alamo thing.

So in summary, the food at Adriano's is fine, but the service is....humiliating? That's the only word I have for it. You will laugh when I tell you that we had just come from the Four Seasons at Punta Mita. So yeah, the difference in service was startling, to say the least!

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:23 pm

great thread - here's a good 'adriano's' related story.
were staying in lacruz last year and wanted to go drinking; it was around
midnight. taxi drove two of us all around lacruz and bucerias looking for
anything open.......nothing. then driver asked if local place would be
acceptable; we said yes of course. took us to place in bucerias along
hwy 200 call 'the dolphin'.
here's 2 gringos at midnight walking up stairs of local bar; get to top
of stairs and whole bar stares at us....whatever, we sit down, local
next to us knowns fairly good english; same with mngr.?/bartender.
we drink till around 1:30 and have a great time. they call us a taxi
and we get back to our place around 2. adventurous and fun nite
to say the least
two days later our whole group drives into bucerias to shop and eat.
we park 1/2 block from adriano's. then i hear someone yelling my name
and my friend's name......here it's the bartender from dolphins, working
the street at adriano's. we went over to say hi, say that we would
be back after a while, which we were, he seated us and we all ate
and drank - not the best of the week, but instead of timeshare guys,
we got the jewelry salesman/boy. he had chains and bracelets; my
wife ended up buying two bracelets for $20 - the starting price was
somewhere around $80. i think everyone was happy in the end.