couple things that ticked me off

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
couple things that ticked me off

Post by michelle/tyler » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:10 pm

I am a very happy person and dont like to complain while on holidays but I have a few complaints on a few things I saw.

1. While in yelapa there was a man asking if you wanted a pic with his iguana and you paid him if you did.Everyone was saying no but then he had to put the iguana down to go help with the parasailing and all the ppl that said no to him immediatley got up with there cameras and started snapping pics.I am not sure what he was charging but still I thought this was kinda rude.

2.On 2 seperate ocassions in 2 seperate establishments ppl walked out on there bills one place it was 20 dollars the second place it was 40 how do ppl do this.In the first instance the 20 dollar bill the waiter was fired after his shift.So pls stop and think next time you dont want to pay your tab what the cosequence is for the server you busted there butt to serve you.

3.Sitting outside our hotel on the beach,Tyler was at the water edge and this group sat down about 2 mins later I hear this hey soo I turned and the guy says do they not have beach service here,I said yes just give them a few minutes and they will be right with you.I heard some grumbling and about 5 mins later the guy came back caring his own bucket of beer as he sat down with it the waiter was there and they ordered nachos.I swear not even 5 mins later they are all swearing where the hell are the nachos I cant beleive how slow they are here.At this point tyler came back to the table and I told him I had to get the heck outta there before I went and said something to them.I have zero tolerance for rudeness.Sometimes we waited half an hour for food but in my opinion where am I going whats the rush I do enough of that at home.

these were the only things that happened that got me a little ticked.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Ok lets take a deep breath, hold it in, now let it out real slow. Now don't you feel better. Now the next time you see people doing some of the things you described ask them to do the same thing then when they finish letting it out slow, quickly wrap both hands around their throat and choke the life out of them. It won't do much for them but you will feel a heck of a lot better. :twisted: :wink: :-)4

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:59 pm

10-4 there Condor... Michelle, glad that Tyler got you out of there before you became our next ax-murderer from this website.. LOL don't you just love people that don't have a clue on how to act when on vacation... it is like DUH - morons.... oh trust me there have been a few times where Mrs Crown had to hog tie me down before i went ballistic on some people... but then there was a time when some people were not paying attention to the staff, broke one of the basketball nets around the pool... finally Rick, Zabs, and I went over to them, had a little chat with them about how to act in our house (GCP), they mouthed off about something it was about then Ricks wife Tasha, let this guy have it with both barrells... OMG this little flight attendant of a wife, riped him a new one... shortly there after, Rick n Tasha, Zabs and his wife, Lorrie and me, rounded them up, called in security, explained all that was happening... the rest of that week, they were never to be really heard from again... HA HA HA ... somedays you just have to step in and explain the rules to IDIOTS...

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:20 pm

my wife and I were having lunch on the beach at the lazy lizard last year and a group of overserved young men,were being disrespectful to a vendor,looking at his wares,laughing at them,looking at the next item,laughing at that too and in general being obnoxious and very rude. the vendor said nothing and moved on down the beach. after he left I went over to the 4 teens, (maybe early twentys) and said , "fellas, the vendors here on the beach work very hard for little money,they do not deserve to be to be treated with the disrepect you fella showed them.I don't know your parents, but I am sure if they saw the way you were behaving they would be ashamed of you."they said nothing and I sat back down.my wife says I may be a little outspoken at times, but I was so upset I had to say something.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:19 pm

chi-mike wrote:my wife and I were having lunch on the beach at the lazy lizard last year and a group of overserved young men,were being disrespectful to a vendor,looking at his wares,laughing at them,looking at the next item,laughing at that too and in general being obnoxious and very rude. the vendor said nothing and moved on down the beach. after he left I went over to the 4 teens, (maybe early twentys) and said , "fellas, the vendors here on the beach work very hard for little money,they do not deserve to be to be treated with the disrepect you fella showed them.I don't know your parents, but I am sure if they saw the way you were behaving they would be ashamed of you."they said nothing and I sat back down.my wife says I may be a little outspoken at times, but I was so upset I had to say something.
Good for you, Mike, for having the nerve to say what many of us want to say but are afraid to. I would worry about being called a b**ch or some other form of retaliation.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:16 pm

people can call me an a$$ hole or a bas***d... fine, that just shows me that you are dumber than i realized... some parents just don't teach respect at home anymore... the depend on us, the schools, the system to teach and train their children to be adults... this is when i think there should be more military schools in this world... 10 mile hike in full gear that will wear their a$$es down... LOL

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:45 pm

"Instant Asshole" - Just add alcohol.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:12 pm

thanks guys had I said something and they did call me some names it would have been fine I can handle that, but it would have set tyler off and thats just not a good thing :D

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:27 pm

michelle/tyler wrote:thanks guys had I said something and they did call me some names it would have been fine I can handle that, but it would have set tyler off and thats just not a good thing :D
and i am sure that Tyler would have been very protective of your honor damsel michelle... white knight to the rescue... LOL

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:39 pm

If the rude guys would have been nasty and mean directly to the waiter I would have spoken out no matter what..
If the guys were being smartA loud and obnoxious I would have moved away from them like Michelle did..

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:16 pm

I too have seen this ,but being in mexico I kinda just keep my mouth shut , order another drink and give the waiter an extra nice tip for putting up with a$$****s, to let him know there are good tourist. Then I tell those dic*s they owe me a drink for not getting them cut off for being a$$****s. They seem to be o.k after that.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 am

usually people that act like that are nobody's at home. they go to an inexpensive place or in this case country and demand top notch service, they look for every reason to complain so that they can justify the lousy tip or lack of tip. it's amazing how much complaining you hear during the day, you just want to tell them "man chill out, your nachos will be here in a few minutes". never, never never give crap to a food server... after all, they are the last ones to touch your food before you get it!! the only time i have complained in mexico is when i had to leave and come back to the states!!!

Donna Kawakubo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Taking the Terminally Rude Down a Notch

Post by Donna Kawakubo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:36 am

So...those of you telling these stories in which you defended the server from dreadful, unspeakably rude tourists...have you ever seen an actual fight break out when this happens? I am having this vision...myself in PV with my three strapping 20-something sons, each of whom has worked as a food server and/or busser...and I'm envisioning them picking these louts up with one hand and depositing them in the ocean. They are usually well-mannered fellows, but they really wouldn't tolerate this type of abuse of wait-staff very well...how likely am I to need extra time off in order to try to extricate my boys from a Mexican prison??? I'm getting a little nervous. :roll:

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Vacation

Post by Jennybean » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:57 am

how likely am I to need extra time off in order to try to extricate my boys from a Mexican prison???
Do you have a year? Maybe an empty credit card with a large credit balance? I'm only half kidding when I say that.

I think your best idea is to recommend in the strongest terms to your 20-something strapping sons that they are guests in the country you are visiting, and rudeness or not displayed to waitstaff, under a Napoleonic Law system any overt reaction to it that in any way resembles violence is going to get them nothing but a gigantic heap of trouble.

As in the "you're guilty until you pay an expensive enough lawyer and spend enough time in a tiny cell at Las Juntas, then maybe you'll be deemed innocent" type of trouble.

It's one thing to politely but firmly speak up in defense of the waitstaff and then walk away...it's quite another to resort to violence (even in the mildest form) to solve it. Mexicans are not violent people and they for the most part do NOT solve their issues with it, and they really don't cotton to tourists doing so, at all.

No offense meant by this, just pointing out some realities of a different legal system and different country.

PS - I've seen the rudeness displayed several times myself and have spoken up many a time over it. Have I seen it come to violence or blows? Not even once, and your boys shouldn't even consider it.