Holiday from Hell

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sunseeker31
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Holiday from Hell

Post by sunseeker31 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:12 am

We just returned from a nightmare holiday in La Cruz near Buccerias. We privately booked on the internet to stay at a Cassita which was one of two units with a pool off of Pelicanos Rd, two roads up from the beach. It looked good on the picture on the internet but the owner failed to mention that it was located right in the centre of a huge construction site. Five developments under construction just a few metres away. One development for at least 80 condos. Noise was terrible and it carried on at night at well, concrete being poured until after 11 pm, cement dust everywhere. Some of the site workers were staying on site all night, radios up to max and cars and trucks coming and going all night. One night it was so bad the local police were called. We didn't feel safe in our Casita. One the internet the owner described the Casitas as being in a quiet residential location, what a joke! Complete misrepresentation. The Cassita was dirty and run down inside, even bare live wires hanging from the ceiling in the bathroom area. We had a spoiled holiday and we have been unable to get any money back. We will never go back to La Cruz De Huanacaxtle.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 am

you mean they did not stop working and trying to make a living while you were their? how dare them! and they did not give you any money back after you stayed their? that's it, i'll never go. you know, i stayed in a hotel in downtown PV and it was loud and the bus exhaust was filling the air, maybe i could have asked for some money back...humm. the area is the second largest tourist area in mexico, they have to build to accommodate tourist like yourself. go to any hotel in the states and see if you can get away with that...i doubt it.

sunseeker31
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sunseeker31 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:20 am

We're not annoyed with the construction workers, we're annoyed with the owner who misled us into believing the accommodation was located in a quiet residential area. That's misrepresentation.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm

I can understand how displeased you'd be..I would be too! Having said that, tarring ALL of La Cruz with the same brush doesn't seem to make sense to me?

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm

That's a shame that your vacation was spoiled, sunseeker. There are laws about all night work that are constantly being ignored. In Vallarta people are complaining all the time about the all night construction, too. It sure can spoil a holiday in a hurry and probably there won't be much relief until all this building is finally finished - if that ever happens. They are overbuilding now and will have a glut on the market in a few years. I'm sorry your time here was ruined but hope that you had a few good days among the bad ones.

thegirlwonder
PV Fan
PV Fan

I had the same thing happen

Post by thegirlwonder » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:29 pm

I rented a house in San Pancho when I moved down here and the owner blatantly lied about the property. They said the yard was secure (it wasn't), said the house was perfect for an indoor cat (there wasn't a single screen on any of the windows or doors) and it was across the street from a construction site. I had to wait 30 minutes every day for the guys to move all their trucks if I wanted to go to out. The noise, dirt, and inconvenience was terrible!

I feel for you. If they are listed on a rental site like VRBO or Rentalo, complain to the administrators. :(

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:02 pm

yes, please don't downgrade all of la cruz. we stayed at villa in punta
pelicanos last year and watched marina construction all week, but did
due diligence and knew what to expect. there were also imperfections
with our house, but hey, it's a rental. i thoroughly enjoyed the slow
pace of la cruz.......especially music at local bars and the
gomez street tacos!
give it a try again some year - i hope i can. as stated in another post,
all that construction is for more of us; and combined with completed
marina in near future, i think you'll see the la cruz/bucerias corner
of the bay really start to compete.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:53 pm

oldskool55
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

RE:Bad Trip

Post by oldskool55 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:00 pm

My wife and I have been going to PVR for many years and we have stayed at more than 1 not so great hotel. But the hotel is just a place to shower,change clothes and snooze for awhile and that being said the worst experience in PVR has been wonderful. Some folks place such a value a great hotel they let it spoil their trip,if luxury is so important maybe you should try California. I hear it is nice,but I still wouldn't go anywhere but PVR on my vacation. :?