BEWARY SMOKERS

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Smoking

Post by smitty » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Chico your post reminded me of this tune by Brownsville Station . :) Kind of funny now but in my early teens these guys were the epitome of cool .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxBbmoUdEac

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:08 am

nicotini

Soak tobacco leaves in vodka overnight, deaden the juice's harshness by adding a couple other liquors and voila: the nicotini of Las Olas.

-http://www.wordspy.com/words/nicotini.asp

-http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/0 ... wns16.html

how about a soda tini
alcohal free

chico

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Chicos Choice

Post by smitty » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:12 am

Ok Chico - Lets Go For A Soda ! This tune was used by Ontario Police for a drunk driving campaign in the 1990's .Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4DYEVvu ... re=related

PV cheesehead42
PV Fan
PV Fan

Smoking Ban

Post by PV cheesehead42 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:52 pm

I am a little confused by the whole "ban smoking" agenda. If you don't want to be affected by the smoke then dont' patronize the business. If a business is smoke free and you are a smoker then don't patronize the business. This is just another example of governments interfering with business. I think that there are plenty of places where people can eat and work if they want a non smoking environment.
In many places the leading cause of death is heart disease, and this is caused by the food people put in their mouths. Are governments going to ban foods that increase the chances of getting heart disease? So what foods should govenments start bannning? Is allowing your child to eat food that may end up killing them child abuse? Maybe governments need to have standardized weight to height laws and anyone who is considered overweight needs to be fined.
If governments are so concerned about the number of deaths caused by smoking then why not just ban smoking all together (I do not think they are willing to give up all the tax money made from tobacco).
Carbon monoxide from vehicles also contibutes to the deaths of millions of people. Sounds like they need to ban vehicles that emit dangerous gases.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:03 pm

PVCheese: Smoking does contribute to heart attacks, and a myrid of respiratory problems. (Google smoking and health problems) It isn't as simple as just not going to a place that allows smoking; what about the employees? Sure I suppose they could work someplace else, but in the real world, that isn't always an option. Smoke, by it's very nature, invades everybody's space. It doesn't just stay in the smokers face and lungs. It is spewn everywhere. Chuck... 8)

buddhaman
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

those irritated by smokers

Post by buddhaman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:23 pm

well, as a smoker i can agree with no smoking in restaurants especially when they do not have a good breeze. and nightclubs as well but they should provide a smoking area that has good ventilation. i have been in smoking rooms that are full of smoke. even as a smoker i find that very difficult to handle. why can't establishments provide good ventilation. you can't smoke anywhere in vancouver, canada any more, not even outside of an establishment or now even on the beaches. i personally think that is way too regulated. i also am a firm believer that if a person owns a business it should be up to them whether they want their business to be smoking or non-smoking. i mean really!! it's their business!! and it is true about people wearing too much perfume. how much does one have to wear! and all of you non-smokers, what about the cars you drive. they are way worse!! why do i have to put up with all that exhaust! it is disgusting. it does way more harm than second hand smoke. why does the government do something about that? if people want to smoke then that is their choice. i have a friend who has smoked for over 30 years and when diagnosed with a genital cancer the doctor told him that he has the lungs of a young non-smoker. no sign of any tar or nicotine in his lungs. how does that happen? stop treating us like second class citizens. and what about governments. they make so much money from taxes on cigarettes!! where does that money go? certainly not to dealing with lung cancer patients or medical costs. all of you benefit from the money gathered from taxes on tabacco and liquor sales. and speaking of liquor, liquor causes many, many deaths, fights and other tragic events. if you don't like second hand smoke then don't come to Puerto Vallarta or Mexico or other countries where smoking is permitted. stay in your cities where you will enjoy a smoke free environment. the world is the way it is for good or for bad and for many centuries. why don't you petition the governments over car exhaust pollution, or all of the methane produced by the worlds over-consumption of beef and other meat. what about all of the unhealthy food that we eat, why are people doing that to their bodies.

so, that's my rant. don't come to PV then and try to do something about all of the other polluters in the world. thank you to all of you that posted comments and solutions to those who complain about us smokers. i also know of many people in relationships where one smokes and the other doesn't.

try to have a great day in this frustrating but wonderful world we live in.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Manitoba has had a smoking ban for years. I smoked for years and my husband still does. To be honest I never notice smokers in Mexico....I'm too busy having a good time and thankfully I am not allergic so.....whatever!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Smoking

Post by smitty » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Jeez , I bet a select few are fuming this thread was resurrected . Smokers and non smokers will never agree . I've said it before but my smoking friends are way more fun then those that are against .

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm with you!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:37 am

Jeez , I bet a select few are fuming this thread was resurrected .
:roll: Anybody got some spare snowballs? Nothing like a good snowball fight for Christmas.