Purse Snatchers at Red Cabbage

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:25 pm

I keep a credit card and some folded pesos in my front pocket and leave my wallet at home. I so this wherever I go in any tourist areas, including the US. Seems to work. Never lost anything.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 pm

For the Ladies... :D
Bra Stash..Ditch the underwire...Along with your boobies fill your cups with money... :lol:

Satin Bra Stash by Austin House- Personal Stash

Austin House Bra Stash is back in stock! Perfect for stashing money, credit cards or jewelery.

Has a snap closure and adjustable straps
Tapered shape prevents visible corners
Washable, ivory color, satin material
By Austin House, Travelpro
4-1/4 x 3-1/2" - Large enough to protect valuables,
small enough not to show

Convenient to access
Lightweight and comfortable
Like a secret, secure pocket
http://www.travelwares.com/Bra_Stash_p/a1130004f.htm

Image :lol:

Donna Kawakubo
PV Fan
PV Fan

stash

Post by Donna Kawakubo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:00 am

What a brainy idea! Thanks, Plus4. I just ordered one.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:13 am

You are welcome Donna Kawakubo :)

Let us gals know how the stash bra works out OK.. :)

Enjoy your PV trip...

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:24 am

Anybody need change? I'd be more than happy to help out. :twisted: Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:04 pm

The visual that bra stash brings to mind is not at all appealing. Not every store, etc. is going to have a restroom attached that you can go into to retrieve your money or credit card, so what....we all stand around digging our money/credit cards out of our bra at the cash register? I can't think of a discrete way of getting it out. :shock:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Good bras cost a pretty penny .... they should multitask :lol:

Bras have been used for years to stash things.. I would rather put money in mine than Kleenex like our Grannies did... :shock:

I suppose :? one could always stash a thong..
:lol:
http://www.iliketotallyloveit.com/story ... h-thong-1/

Just my humble :) I think Donna was wanting to know how concerned they should be about getting robbed while they were on foot at night in October in El Centro and the Romantic Zone...

There must be many places in that area that have washrooms... be it restaurants nightclubs etc where one could discretely take out hidden stash....

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Lucky Stash

Post by smitty » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 pm

I always knew you were a gentleman charlieb ! :) Worst case scenario if you couldn't access your bra stash - claim you were flat broke - hope you didn't get busted and maybe some other boob would pick up the bill . :lol:

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:34 am

A problem would be if you went out for the day with USD or CDN and changed in to Pesos, I guess you would be making a mountain out of a mole hill. :lol: :lol: The Devil made me do it. :twisted: :twisted:

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by roowie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:41 am

aw, that would be the "breast" vacation ever!

gives another meaning to "Puerto Vallarta or "bust" "

"honey, I said leave a TIP"

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:40 am

There must be many places in that area that have washrooms... be it restaurants nightclubs etc where one could discretely take out hidden stash....
Yep there must be some restrooms somewhere in town :?: I just don't want to have to try to find one everytime everytime I want to access my money.

I just don't think Vallarta is that unsafe that we have to resort to tourists walking around with money stuffed in their bras.

My granny didn't stuff hers with kleenex but she used to tell me she always pinned money inside her bra when she went out on a date incase she ever found herself stranded and needed to take a taxi. :D

rosie

Post by rosie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:26 pm

roowie wrote:
"honey, I said leave a TIP"
now THAT'S funny! :D

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks fellows :D for joining in the fun... (That's what the posts were meant to be)
I have to get it off my chest .... I laughed out loud :lol: at all your posts :)

and Donna Kawakubo
Will you please keep us abreast on how your trip goes... :)

HollyPV
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by HollyPV » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:47 pm

I really miss the good old days of white pick ups crammed full of uni's toting AK-47's along the beach. ;)

I've been lucky in the 12 years I've been coming to PV. The only time I was robbed was by a venomously angry ex who, while I was in Vancouver, left our apartment and took all my clothes with her to Mexico City. We weren't even the same size! :-(

Oh and PS - I'm not really a noob here I can't seem to recall my original name from before lol

TifRose519
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Suggestions for avoiding crimes such as these

Post by TifRose519 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Refering to what was said up a ways "Personally, your friend wasn't being very smart by leaving that much money in her purse to begin with." (I dont know how to quote things on here..I'm new to this)

It doesn't matter how much money you have in your purse/wallet. The person committing the crime has no idea if you have $4 or $400 in there, they are just hoping something is in there. No matter how much money you carry, you can be a victim. You will not lose as much if you have less money in there but you still may be hurt in the process. I have an idea..put your money in a safe place and then carry an old purse that you don't care about. Have nothing in it but a note that reads "Haha you thought you were going to find some money in here, didn't you? Maybe you should get a job and earn your own money instead of trying to steal other peoples hard earned money!" ..but have it translated into spanish of course. It may make them mad and they might try to find you again but I just thought it would be kind of funny. 8)

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

How about Tasers ?

Post by 2ndchance » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 pm

I have never had any problems with theft in Mexico or other countries,but you never know.Are Tasers allowed in checked baggage traveling from USA ? I think giving a buzz to a thief would be interesting. I myself carry a small wallet in the front pocket of my shorts or jeans and i also carry a money belt, creates less attention than trying to get money from your bra.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 am

Hmm... this Bra Stash thing gives "getting lucky" a whole new meaning. Forget the Mexican girls, I'm going after the "well endowed" tourists :wink:

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 am

I suppose one could always stash a thong..
Oh ... that kind of thong ... :(

edandkaren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by edandkaren » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 am

Something has has always worked for me in PV and actually all over the world that my husband and I have traveled; and that would be a $$ belt. Yes it's a little annoying to dig in there all the time, but it's worked for us. I guess if a thief wants your stuff, they will usually get it. I enjoy walking around with nothing to hold on to but a water bottle.

seldomred
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by seldomred » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:48 pm

funny!

have always wondered if there is a purse sized pepper spray available for ladies who wish to secure themselves from muggers.

being that this is mexico we are talking about here, maybe some very hot sauce in a spray bottle might do the trick!

ha!