Holiday Inn Beware!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

poodlelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Holdiay Inn 2 Star Hotel

Post by poodlelady » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:19 pm

See I told you so there is another person out there that feel like I do, so I am not totally crazy!! I was just trying to help out the next guy who might make a mistake and stay at the Holiday Inn and then be dissapointed as I was! When I go to Hawaii we stay on the island of Kawaii at the Embassy Resorts, we don't like Honolulu at all it is too busy.
And yes I guess I will stick to Cruises, Florida and Hawaii for perfection, what a way to vacation!! But at least I can say I have been to Mexico once and I have a story to tell! I am not a rich b__ch either I grew up poor and have worked hard to get to where I am today, so I am careful where and what I spend my hard earned cash on....I have my own business and I know all about customer service, you have to bend over backwards to please your customers, and I certainly do and I expect no less. This world is getting worse and worse about taking advantage of people and it is not right!

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:44 pm

"This world is getting worse and worse about taking advantage of people and it is not right! "

hmm...how ironic is that?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:41 am

I have another one I like slightly better. "never agrue with a fool, people watching wont know who's who"
Is that 'agree' or 'argue'? Just making a comment.... not doing either lest I be included in the group!
you have to bend over backwards to please your customers
That's the only way to stay in any business... unless you own an oil company and then you get to bend the customer over backwards.

Sure is too bad both of you had the alternate holiday inn experience. They say that what don't kill you will make you stronger, and provides lots of writing and speaking material. Good thing you weren't traveling to the states. It's so expensive these days that it's bordering on pure luxury. You actually have to take your shoes off BEFORE you even get on the plane. Just like visiting some of our friends homes.

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:32 pm

While I have never stayed there myself I dont know one person I ever met in PV who stayed at the HI and had a good experience.

I can assure you there are way more things to do in PV than any cruise. You just have to go out and explore. I find it sad that you let that place alone color your PV experience. :(

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Have to agree with the above. This will be our 25th consecutive year in PV (must be a rut, but one we choose). There is much to do and see in PV and despite all the building, increased traffic, we have never had anything but a good time.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:47 pm

howard_jax wrote:Have to agree with the above. This will be our 25th consecutive year in PV (must be a rut, but one we choose). There is much to do and see in PV and despite all the building, increased traffic, we have never had anything but a good time.
well Lorrie and I are only 10 yrs behind you Howard... we have been coming to the Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta area for 16 yrs running now... so i guess we are in that same rutt you are in buddy... and it is a damn nice one too... been on cruises, been to Hawaii (Ohau, Kuaii, and Mauii) as well as Jamaica... and we keep coming back to the West Coast (been to Matzalan twice)... oh well...

Chevy Man
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Chevy Man » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in February of 07 and went back in January of 08. As I posted in my trip reports we had a great time. As it is quite busy there when we go and saw some of the same people I would say that some people are quite happy with the accomodations. :)

sunshine311
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sunshine311 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:32 pm

I rarely have logged on the past few months. I was stunned to see this was still being discussed. Do you guys know you've been talking about this for 3 months now :shock:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 am

I know, and you had to start the thing again... They are still complaining about what they got for their money.

Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta priced on line today for 7 days all inclusive, air included is $ 398 out of Calgary.
HOLIDAY INN
Puerto Vallarta $398.00
Transat Holidays ROOM AI JUN-21-2008 7 Nights

Cheapest is $ 278 AI/Air etc for someplace called the Hacienda.

http://www.travelbestbets.com/BestBets/Canada.html

A dollar just ain't worth what it used to be eh!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Those great prices make it mighty tempting to book at PV trip right now..
One can also get great deals at other resorts in PV..
Even with taxes and the other little charges..like fuel :x :P etc. ones final bill for a one week A1 holiday would be wonderful....
E)E

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:48 am

Those prices are incredible! I cannot believe from Canada you can get to PV at that rate. I live in the midwest (MO) & have to fly from KCI or St. Louis....haven't seen prices like these. If anyone is aware of any please let me know! THANKS!!
Also......I would stay at the Holiday Inn again. Is the sports book still there????

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:08 pm

In April I bought 2 tickets to PV one for July the other for August on American. I got both for US $344. This includes all taxes and fees. Not as nice as flying on the direct charter flights (WorryFree and Funjet) but cheaper. Usually the charter flights out of St. Louis drop fares 1 mo to 2 weeks out, but they have not been dropping that much. Then I bought another ticket on American in May leaving on May 30. Much to my surprise the fare was still only $389 that close to departure date. This was before all the charges for baggage went into place.

In regard to the Holiday Inn. We own a condo at the Sea River Tower of the Holiday Inn and we love it. The pool and beach are awesome! The view from our condo is unbelievable! Of course it is our condo, so we have some control over it. But it is a tropical climate and sometimes (especially in the summer) it does get a moldy smell to it. You have to open everything up and let the breeze blow it out. It can't be helped. Last summer I spent one night in one of the HI hotel rooms and it was very nice. They remodeled these rooms about 4 - 5 years agol There was not mold at all. It was very clean and nice. As nice as any Comfort Inn you might stay in in the US. The construction to the north side is not as bad now. Building one at the Venetian is complete and the pool and grounds are beautiful. The structure for building 2 is mostly complete and it is a little further away. A year ago they were putting in the ground supports and had a machine that pounded down into the sand. It you were sitting over near that side, it felt like an earthquake. That is over now though. I would never eat at the buffet at the HI. If we do eat there we always order off the menu. The food is better. Besides there are so many wonderful restaurants in PV why would you want to stay at the HI for dinner. I can understand breakfast and lunch but not dinner.

Unless you are staying in a brand new facility there are going to be issues with mold in Mexico. It is just a fact of life.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:21 pm

poodlelady should give pv another try. do it differently. try a hotel on the south-side or a condo. don't do AI. if you love food pv is the town to be in. though not as cheap as it used to be you can still go out pretty reasonably. if you're in a condo you can eat meals in to save money. the condo will probably have a blender. homemade margueritas will taste better than watered down AI drinks. after another trip poodlelady, perhaps we will hear from you in the trip reports section...