Holiday Inn Beware!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:08 pm

or as some people would call it "a drive by opinion" by a disgruntled traveller that is unhappy with her decision making, and is going to make one HUGE comment and then never be heard from again... especially since there were so many good questions, comments, and banter here... so much was discussed in a civil manner that it is amazing she hasn't come back good back or indifferent.... oh well... probably loading up for her next miserable vacation pot shot... HA HA HA

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:18 pm

What I generally find in "complaint" posts like this, is someone who has taken advantage of an extraordinarily cheap or discounted last minute package sale, and expects much more than they paid for.

You pay for a seat sale package deal? That's what you get. There is no prime rib, lobster tails, Cristal champagne and Ketel One, and a pool boy spritzing you with Evian every 20 minutes while they fan you with a palm frond...but you would be amazed at how many people think buying the cheapest bundle going entitles them to just that, and when they don't get it they absolutely lose their stuff.

Aint no such thing in this world as a free lunch!

Holiday Inn is a solid 3 star family place - no more, no less. It doesn't claim to be the Ritz Carlton because it's not. It's an average all inclusive, middle of the road establishment that trades on a worldwide brand name. Even the most miniscule level of research shows all of this clearly.

In this day and age of the Internet there really is no excuse anymore for someone walking into a travel situation blindly, even if it is their first visit somewhere...there is only purposeful or willful blindness of those who are too lazy to even do the bare minimum of research before or after spending the money.

'nuf said, I think.

poodlelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Holiday Inn Beware!

Post by poodlelady » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:06 pm

We did ask to be moved to a better room, they said they all have mold! So what do you do about that?
People please don't listen to the ones who say they would go back again and again and stay at the HI. They must not know any better or can't afford anything better. We only stayed there because of our Priority Club Rewards. I am not a miss goody goody either, we go camping all over, I don't have to have a 6 star accomodations. Just want somewhere to stay that is clean, smells good and has decent food that you can recognize. I would go to Puerta Vallarta again but definatley stay at the nicer resorts, we checked out a few while we were there and there is absolutely no comparison.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 am

so let me understand this...you would rather come on here and trash a hotel that is an employer of many people that depend on that job for various reasons instead of chalking it up as learning experience because there was mold and a broken light fixture? kind of petty don't you think? i stayed at the sheraton and it's not cheap, and because of the location (ocean air) it did not smell like a sheraton would here in the states. i can understand if the door was broke, bed was broke, there was a huge rat or water buffalo in your room, but please...a smell that goes away if you run the AC or open your window...oh, wait, then you would have to deal with the traffic noise as well. i say that next time you pay for the presidential suite and call ahead to make sure that the red carpet is rolled out for your arrival. or take a few seconds before posting something that gives a bad rap to a business that working people depend on and realize that your not at home, your a visitor and although it is ok to suggest things, it is not cool to try and sabotage people. places or things. have a fantastic day good people.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Vacation Choices

Post by smitty » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:42 am

Buffet 06 - you have me laughing with the rat or water buffalo idea . :lol: A friend of ours was in the Dominican and spotted a rat in her room she alerted the front desk and they sent up a worker with a stick to kill it ! :)
Poodlelady what other resorts did you check out ? Fiesta Americana is very close to Holiday Inn and is probably a better choice for you . Like Buffet 06 posted this can be a learning experience . Board members have stayed everywhere in PV and have lots of useful info to share . :)

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:12 pm

A musty smell is to be expected anywhere in the tropics but mold needs to be removed with bleach. If she encountered black or green mold, she should have moved out as this is very unhealthy and prolonged exposure can lead to COPD.

hurricaneshecky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by hurricaneshecky » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:40 pm

They must not know any better or can't afford anything better.
This quote is pretty much all I need to know about you since, obviously, price played a part in your decision. Otherwise, you would have been at the Four Seasons.

I can afford pretty much any hotel I want and have stayed at the HI 3 times (albeit never AI).

Oh and if you do go again, make sure to tell your travel agent you want Puerto Vallarta not Puerta Vallarta - god only knows what sort of malfunction you might have if sent somewhere a little more rustic.

poodlelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Holiday Inn Stay Away!

Post by poodlelady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:42 pm

Well for all who refuse to believe that our room and food were less than exceptable, then why are we getting a portion of our stay refunded and are also getting reimbursed our Gold Crown Rewards. Someone must of believed me. I went straight to the top with my complaints, and I did get satisfaction. You can't just say oh well, better luck next time. A vacation is expensive and takes a lot of planning to just get ripped off and do nothing about it. Next time we are going to Cancun and staying at a Sandals Resort. We are not budget people, we expect good food and a nice bed when we stay at a Resort. The only reason we were willing to try the Holiday Inn is because my husband had all those points with his Gold Crown Priority Club. Should of saved them for the states, that is for sure. Can't believe people come back year after year for this torture, I guess they don't know any better. I feel sorry for all who are planning their trips to HI in PV and don't take the warnings that are plain to see......

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm

it is just the doubting Thomas in all of us when people were questioning how bad it really was... it is good that you did get some type of compensation for your troubles and your pain and misery. And not to rain on your parade either, but there are some people that will do just exactly what you did whether they had a bad trip or not... just to get a free stay, or a refund on their trip. and Trust me there are people out there that do it, because we met a mother daughter team and that is what they did at the golden crown a couple of years back...

So when did Butch Stewart, President and CEO of Sandals Resorts International and majority owner of AirJamaica open up a Sandals Resort in Cancun??? We are five time repeaters to Sandals MO-Bay and i haven't heard this...

Thanks for the update in your story....

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

??

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:27 pm

We are not budget people, we expect good food and a nice bed when we stay at a Resort. The only reason we were willing to try the Holiday Inn is because my husband had all those points with his Gold Crown Priority Club.
If you aren't budget people then why did you choose a budget all inclusive to spend your points on? You're contradicting everything you posted by doing so.

And just what are "budget people" by your definition anyways?

This is what I meant when I said it's unacceptable in this day and age for even the most green of travelers to know nothing about where they are going, when there is so much information available at your fingertips within seconds. Had you taken even 5 minutes to research before committing you would have known that about the HI in Vallarta.

I spend plenty of money to take vacations in PV every year, and while I'm not a hotel snob (far from it), I am also aware that vacationing in tropical locations comes with its own unique set of concerns. Maybe take that into consideration the next time you decide you want to get something for nothing.

(and not to be uber picky, but it's should HAVE and could HAVE, not should OF or could OF - yes, lazy grammar makes me crazy okay??)

Enjoy Miami Beach, aka Cancun.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

HI

Post by smitty » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Poodlielady words :" Can't believe people come back year after year for this torture, " :) ....... Please give me some of that torture .... now !!!! :)

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 am

poodle lady, your a real piece of work...i'd lovr to go on, but everything i have to say is disfunctional and borderline rude..you have a fantastic time in cancun, and congrtas on getting that hotel to give your money back too. maybe you can get the airline to slide you free tickets for life as well. you would probably ask the girl scouts for your money back because a cookie was cracked.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:29 am

I think that Poodlelady is either starved for attention or going to the dogs..
then why are we getting a portion of our stay refunded and are also getting reimbursed our Gold Crown Rewards
I'm guessing that you've perfected the art of complaining, and figured out how to do the budget thing really cheaply.

Course we don't know you, and perhaps its just your grasp of the English language and poor literacy level that caused most of us to question your motives instead of the actual hotel conditions. Speaking for myself... anybody that brags about doing all these other travel scenes (cruise and otherwise) should have half a mind to understand the difference between 2, 3, 4, and 5 star places, and the rating changes between countries. Some things are unacceptable of course, and almost every hotel on earth will accomodate their guests given half the chance..... unless something or a pattern has already materialized making them think they are hosts to the the guests from hell.

But then, if you were just using up your travel points expecting champagne on a beer budget....sans tipping... you would have been better off donating the tickets to a homeless shelter and using the tax receipt.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Personally when i have read this thread for the um-teenth time... i have to agree with some of the other posters on your play on words, your contradictions inside your "tale"... you got what you wanted, you got your refunds, your points back, etc... and now it looks like in your posts you are looking for approval on what you got or on what you did.

good luck on your future vacation destinations.... may they be all champagne and caviar, with palm frawns waved over you by the staff to keep you cool, may your drink never get below half empty or watered down, may you never have to wait for a chair, or that each and every meal is prepared for you by your table by your personal chef.... for half the points normally used....

hurricaneshecky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by hurricaneshecky » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Trust me, Poodlelady has never stayed at a Sandals resort.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:13 pm

hurricaneshecky wrote:Trust me, Poodlelady has never stayed at a Sandals resort.
what makes you think that???? We used to love going to Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica... even if it was right next to the airport, after the first night you don't even hear the jets anymore, and after 5 visits there we just loved it... but!!!! when it started to get really $$$,$$$.$$ spendy for one week, we found vallarta for two weeks and a lot less money and we can go down town until 4 am... with very little worries... you can't do that in Jamaica.....

PV cheesehead42
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by PV cheesehead42 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:32 am

I think the overwhelming majority of people that come to PV have a great time. I will continue to come back over and over again. What concerns me is that if someone expresses that they didn't have an enjoyable time it is like there is blood in the water and the "feeding frenzy" begins. This is after all the complains section of the board. I think an appropriate response to a dissatisfied person is, "I'm sorry that you didn't have an enjoyable experience, I hope you will give PV a second chance (and some people expressed that sentiment). My frustration is that some people just need to post numerous times as if they need to get the last word on the subject. Come on people, lighten up a little. Not everyone is going to love PV as much as I do but they are entitled to their opinion. Why are some people so "thin skinned" that they need to be so defensive. They are not attacking you personally. This will be my first and final post on the topic. It will be interesting to see who will find the need to jump in, have the last word, make their 4th or 5th post, discount my opinion, or even worse make a personal attack.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:23 am

Let it be...

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 am

my final thoughts on this... :lol: :shock: :twisted: :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67J_66hdN-I

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:59 am

Why were my words deleted on the locked thread... Murder in PV after bayside
when I said let it be... The fight had ended there...
Tom tired of your mocking...
Many saw my post and your response... It was same as on this thread then your post changed...
tojol57 wrote:my final thoughts on this... :lol: :shock: :twisted: :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67J_66hdN-I
Last edited by Plus4 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.