Magna Car Rental - BEWARE!!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru
Magna Car Rental - BEWARE!!

Post by Contessa » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:31 am

Hi all,

We just returned from a great week in PV... great weather, amazing adventures, all good.

The only disappointment came when we rented a car from Magna Car Rental across from the Krystal as recommended. When I called, I was quoted a price of $560 p per day for two days for a 2005 Jeep. They sent a car to come and get us at the Tropicana, which was nice. When we got to the office, our rental price was $140 US for the two days. I argued with the poor girl at the desk who didn't seem to know why the price was quoted in pesos. I was very clear on the phone when I made the reservation about the cost. I am disappointed that they tried to overcharge us. We then said we would only need the vehicle one day instead of two, so they offered us $70 US for one day and $50 US for the second day. Getting closer to the original quote, although I was still disappointed.

In future, I will insist on a quote emailed so that we have proof.

Just a heads up!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:39 pm

I have rented from them for 15 years but I go to the office across from the Sheraton. I have never had any problems with them price or service wise. But I never make reservations in advance I just walk-in to the office and make the arrangements in the office. I have never had them try to change prices on me. Once they did call me the day after I returned the car and tell me the front license plate was missing off the car. I told them it was there when I returned it yesterday, so what happend to it from yesterday until today is anyone's guess. They never called me back and never charged me any extra.

oldskool55
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by oldskool55 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:47 pm

I don't think Magna Car across from Bougainvillea would deliberately try and cheat anyone. I have been renting cars from them for several years and I have never had any problem whatsoever,I even had a minor accident and was told don't worry about it.Over the years my wife and I have become very good friends with Juanita and have been invited to her home for a great dinner. I don't know if you rented from a different location but don't hold a grudge try them again and see for yourself.Best of luck on future trips. :)

lauragold
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

car rentals in pv

Post by lauragold » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:23 pm

we stay in zona romatica, but we rent from avis at the airport, in advance, with an email confirmation...best rates there i think...so we have a car for a few days in december at 35 a day, plus any insurance but we use amex who covers us for everything for the entire rental at $25...so we generally bus to the airport and then return the car there but they have always driven us back...

laura