Scams by Mauricio Rodriguez of Malka Real Estate

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

opennshut
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Scams by Mauricio Rodriguez of Malka Real Estate

Post by opennshut » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 am

You can add me to the list of people scammed for a condo rental by Mauricio Rodriguez of Malka Real Estate.

I had contacted Mauricio in Sept. 07 through his ads that he had posted in "BanderasNews.Com" . His responses seemed legit and his offers were professionally produced, complete with letterhead, cell numbers, fax numbers, office numbers and address and property photos. (In hindsight, one would expect all that from a good con-man.) About a month before departure, Mauricio stopped answering his e-mails. Calls to his cell found it disconnected. Calls to his office in English and Spanish resulted in claims that Mauricio had disappeared several weeks prior, (whereabouts unkown) had created all sorts of problems for them, and, soon, threats and hang-ups.

In addition, a posting to another Vallarta Bulletin Board garnered a response from someone in New York belatedly warning me not to deal with Mauricio Rodriguez and described him as "a liar, a thief and a snake".

With only a week to go prior to departure, I was forced to find alternate accommodations or consider cancellation. The airline would not retun my money. With 3 days left till departure, I secured another condo to rent.

Once in Vallarta, I initiated a complaint and investigation with the Ministry of Justice and discovered at least one complaint had already been filed against Mauricio by another person. Within a couple of days of arrival, we found two other Americans who had been scammed by him and shortly after, discovered that a fellow Canadian had also been taken by him.

Considering Alvaro's statements about Mauricio's dishonesty in business and the money that Mauricio stole from John James Serich, we are now up to about 8 victims of Mauricio that I was able to find.

With more digging, I have also found that Mauricio was operating under a different business name -"Casey Properties Bienes Raices y Servicios"- from the same address that Malka Realty was currently using. Has this scam been going on for years under various business names? Just how many people has this operation conned?

I notice that there were about 2600 hits on "parajacanadiense's" warning about the scams being run by Mauricio Rodriguez under the Malka Realty banner. This single topic has been one of the most popular under the "Complaints" heading. This suggests to me that there are possibly many more people out there who have been victimized by this guy. I invite anybody who has been taken by Mauricio Rodriguez to PM me so that we may coordinate efforts to shut this guy down and find a way to get the return of our monies. All communications will be treated with utmost privacy.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:04 am

I wish you all the luck in attempting to get him shut down. Given the different country though, you have a VERY big task ahead...and I daresay more $ than it may be worth to you all. Having said that, and assuming all the complaints are accurate (which I don't doubt at this point), someone needs to shut him down.

By the way...always nice to see another "winterpegger" here...so welcome!

Darryl

Gail/James
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Opennshut

Post by Gail/James » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:38 am

You may add our name to Mauricio Rodriguez Malka RealEstate scam. We are 2 Canadian seniors who were also scam We had booked a condo at the Marbella Condos with Mauricio, we sent him $800.00 USD as a deposit. as it was nearing our arrival time, Mauricio was no longer answering emails or his cell phone 011 52 322 158 3944 However I was able to call the Malka Office 011 52 322 222 6809 and spoke with ALVARO who said he would have Mauricio call me. Waited in vain. We were able to find other accommodation once we got to Puerto Vallarta. We went to Malka office at BRANCH 31 de OCTUBRE 271, ZONA CENTRO. No one there knew of Malka Real Estate.

Gail & James Kemp from Canada

birdmann77
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

mauricio rodriquez

Post by birdmann77 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:30 am

Well he is still in town he got on the bus that I was on Monday pm he was leaving his fathers house and was with his sister so he is still living in barrio santa maria with his sister so all the rumors of him not being in Vallarta are just that rumors.
When I confronted his father as to his where abouts he said he was out of town His father still has his office out next to woolworths . But he is a thief and a liar just like his son mauricio so I never believed him anyway.From what I am hearing Mauricio is still a frequent cutomer of club Manana only figures scum gravitates to scum
SO DON'T GIVE UP TRYING TO RECOVER YOUR LOSSES He is in Vallarta and still looks the same with that tooth on his right side protruding out of his mouth you'd think that with all the money he has stolen that he'd visit a dentist oh well booze,drugs and sex is pretty expensive I guess

Alvaro Garcia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Mauricio with a new magazine

Post by Alvaro Garcia » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Hola amigos,

What do you think that is the new way to cheat people from mauricio rodriguez?

A cheap magazine, like mano a mano magazine . . . I have the number 1 in my hands . . . has adresses of his new office, contacts, clients contacts, lets all get together and dont let this **** make more bad money, cause it is not fair, lets get firty his name as he did with ours.

If some one needs information or scans about the magazines, contact me at
makethethiefspay@live.com.mx

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

here

Post by teatrolimon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

post the information here it might be better

opennshut
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by opennshut » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:22 am

Sadly, Mauricio continues to work with impunity in Vallarta. I realize that Mauricio is a common name in Mexico, but I wonder if it's not the same guy that "augie" ran into.

Despite the best efforts of myself and others, the authorities continue to ignore this con man. Not even so much as a response suggesting a lack of evidence to my many letters, e-mails and phone calls. I guess dodging bullets and accepting bribes is far too time consuming.

And the scams go on. Again and again I hear from friends in P.V. of con men running condo rental scams affecting dozens, if not more, unsuspecting tourists....a mysterious "Columbiano"...a shady "Americano"...all living and operating safely in P.V.

Alvaro Garcia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Mauricio again!! will somebody stop him?

Post by Alvaro Garcia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey guys, here is a small part of a newspaper in Puerto Vallarta (www.siemprelibres.com or www.elcuartopoder.com.mx) that I found today, regarding Mauricio Rodriguez, yes the same scammer that we all know, is now involved in Reyna Gay (Queen Gay) event ... of course there is nothing than just problems where he is involved, I sent an e mail to the guy who wrote about it, and told him about Mauricios previous scams w Malka Real Estate .. take a look, its in spanish but you have an idea at least...

Pleitazo en Reina de Reinas Gay 2010

Pasando a otro tipo de eventos masivos, pero de carácter local, me toca seguir con el “Reina de Reinas Gay 2010”, que se realizará este primero de mayo en medio de una gran polémica desatada por la presunta discriminación de los organizadores, -que asumo- son todos “gay”, contra la propia comunidad gay de Puerto Vallarta.
Todo el mitote sobre la Reina de Reinas Gay surgió luego de que me enviaran un correo que publiqué el domingo en el que denunciaban a una persona, sin decir su nombre, que presuntamente estaba boicoteando el evento.
Antier martes fui contactado por la persona que se sintió aludida y dio a conocer que se había inconformado efectivamente, porque los organizadores decidieron no incluir en el panel de jueces a representantes de la comunidad homosexual y lésbica de la ciudad sino, exclusivamente, escoger a calificadores del bando heterosexual.
Ayer de nueva cuenta conversé vía MSN con el aludido en la carta de los organizadores del Reina de Reinas Gay Vallarta 2010 y me dijo lo siguiente: “…((Mira (el evento) lo traen Mauricio Rodríguez, Héctor Spiller y Pedro García y un tipo de Guadalajara al que no conozco, que es el coordinador general del evento y el que me dijo a mí que no querían gente gay fue Mauricio Rodríguez, de hecho me habían pedido al principio que los apoyara como patrocinador eso fue hace como mes y medio y yo quede en confirmarles después pero cuando me dice Mauricio que no va a ver gente gay en el jurado les dije que no los iba a patrocinar ni a ir al evento y que les iba a decir a mis amigos que no fueran y ya después hable con Héctor Spiller, me imagino que si lo ubicas el que canta y me dice es que Mauricio esta loco y luego hable con Pedro y me dijo lo mismo pero eso fue después que vieron que la gente ya no los quería apoyar por esos comentarios ellos dicen que les cancelaron 100 personas y 4 patrocinadores por la publicidad que les hice obviamente me están odiando pero no creo que tenga tanto poder de convocatoria yo como para que 100 gentes no vayan al evento y 4 empresas no les den patrocinio además yo nomas lo comente con mis amigos, los más cercanos como con 6 personas y en si eso fue todo el mitote…))”. Hasta ahí el correo al parecer ya quedó todo aclarado y habrá jueces gay, pero la polémica sigue no revelaré el nombre del presunto agitador pero llegado el momento si él lo autoriza lo daré a conocer.

If somebody wants to write to the person who posted about mauricio in the newspaper, do it to rodrigoaguilera@hotmail.com he is a person very known in Puerto Vallarta for telling the things how they are, and trowhing shi...T to who deserves it!

Best!