I am concerned whether or not....

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
I am concerned whether or not....

Post by Youarethere » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:04 pm

this happened 6 weeks, 6 days or 6 hours ago and not because it's bad for business because it wasn't the business's fault that this happened. I'm concerned because a very old and dear friend of mine works there and I hope he's okay. Something like this would never stop me from using their service just like I wouldn't stop shopping at Macy's because someone robbed a worker while working.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 am

Yeah, it was a nasty fire on board wasn't it. Did your old and dear friend have to swim for quite a while, or was he lucky enough to get scooped up right away?

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Ronald,

Post by Youarethere » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:29 pm

I don't know what you are talking about but I was trying to respond to the zip line robberies and the person that got injured by a thug.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 pm

I don't know what you are talking about but I was trying to respond to the zip line robberies and the person that got injured by a thug.
LOL, and no one knew what you were talking about! That thread has been closed that is why you could not respond to it.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Just like a woman..... Destroy that beautiful silence by just opening their mouth and expecting us guys to know EXACTLY what the object of their topic is....... usually followed by 'you don't understand me' OR 'you're not listening'. LOL

And like a typical man, I opened my mouth to try to figure out what all the clatter was about, ..... should have kept it closed like all the smart guys did... It's usually the single guys that take the bait as they haven't learned yet, but my Alzheimer's kicked in for a bit. |:-| :lol: :lol:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:44 am

:lol: :)
Ruthann :lol:

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Okeay Plus4,

Post by Youarethere » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:23 pm

I am blonde so please forgive but how do you know my name :?: <;-|

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Youarethere,
Unless your friend was married in his early 30's with two children living in El Tuito you don't need to worry.

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

I feel much better now that...

Post by Youarethere » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:33 pm

you said he lived in El Tuito (not sure where that is :? ) he lives right there in Las Juntas (did I spell that right :?: )

Chevy Man
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Who knows?

Post by Chevy Man » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:37 pm

This is a very confusing thread. :-|3

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:20 pm

This is a very confusing thread
You're telling me! Herman's friend started it.... Here's another one, but less confusing.

A psychiatrist visited a California mental institution and asked a patient, "How did you get here? What was the nature of your illness?" He got the following reply.

"Well, it all started when I got married and I guess I should never have done it. I married a widow with a grown daughter who then became my stepdaughter.

My dad came to visit us, fell in love with my lovely stepdaughter, then married her. And so my stepdaughter was now my stepmother. Soon, my wife had a son who was, of course, my daddy's brother-in-law since he is the half-brother of my stepdaughter, who is now, of course, my daddy's wife.

So, as I told you, when my stepdaughter married my daddy, she was at once my stepmother! Now, since my new son is brother to my stepmother, he also became my uncle. As you know, my wife is my step-grandmother since she is my stepmother's mother. Don't forget that my stepmother is my stepdaughter. Remember, too, that I am my wife's grandson.

But hold on just a few minutes more. You see, since I'm married to my step-grandmother, I am not only the wife's grandson and her hubby, but I am also my own grandfather. Now can you understand how I got put in this place?"

After staring blanky with a dizzy look on his face, the psychiatrist replied: "Move over!"

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 pm

The above sounds like one of our family reunions when Aunts and Uncles start trying to explain the second third and :shock: :roll: 4th cousin thingy..
Youarethere
Your name
You posted it

Youarethere
PV Fanatic

So sorry to hear this bad news. I will be praying for all involved including the family and friends. Group prayers are heard louder so everyone together everytime we log on.
-Ruthann-

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 pm

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:07 am

youarethere,

El Tuito is about 45 minutes south of PV. It is a small town and a farming community in the mountains, inland away from the beach.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Ronald's Yarn

Post by oneistwo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:45 pm

"I'm My Own Grandpa" is a novelty song from the 40's or 50's. Lyrics available online. Anybody else here old enough to remember 78 rpm?

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm

My older brother still has my entire collection of vinyl records. Mostly LPs but some selected 45s and 78s, esp. Elvis. Sadly they are scratchy from overuse.

YouTube performance
Has been performed by Guy Lombardo, Ray Stevens, Buck Owens...