Crooks Working at Paradise Burger

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:44 am

No one glossed over the "almost" problem. It was enough and appreciated, the heads up on the place. Not a single reply said "Oh no, that can't be so". Where is the pack mentality?

Mogens can tell you, I have never seen PV through Rose Colored glasses. Just no need to beat it to death, especially when it did not truly cost him anything at all.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:41 pm

It is not my problem and therefore my blood pressure is not going anywhere. You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I have written here, your loss not mine.

Well Kathy, you are the one shouting. As always, you have put an air into your comments insinuating that you are smarter or above others.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:55 pm

charlieb wrote:"Another great example of how the pack mentality assends on any criticism of PV."

My point! No one dares print any crticism(sp) of PV, correctly or not, without the "wrath" decending. Status Quo is the norm and the phrase of the day. Chuck... 8)
Yaaawn.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm

I have never seen PV through Rose Colored glasses. Just no need to beat it to death, especially when it did not truly cost him anything at all.
No Kidding!

It's almost like saying; I (well, not me but some woman) almost got pregnant so I'll keep coming after you until I get child support.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Hey Ron, are you telling me that I did not have to pay?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:45 pm

"Yaaawn."

Brilliant minds, eh, Mogens? Chuck... 8)

PV cheesehead42
PV Fan
PV Fan

Oh Pleeeeeeeeese!!!!!

Post by PV cheesehead42 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah, Mogans, it is easy to passive-aggressively yawn to discount any feedback that challenges your perception of reality. We know what sometimes happens (the post gets deleted) when there is a proven injustice. Curious how my post (s) disappeared once you considered the issue "resolved". I guess that means they never happened.
And Kat.........it sounds like you may get a bit too much of you self-worth/esteem from being a know it all. I recommend getting a hobby.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:38 pm

i remember a time when you could actually get some great info on this site. I must admit that i have added my share of negative feedback and for that i apologize. I think criticism is healthy, but not when it continues to go on and on and on....i could be wrong, but i have noticed a decline in new post and even responses, i wonder if it has to do with back and forth bitterness between some of you. Now, before one of you decide to give me some crappy lecture, remember i said that i am guilty of it in the past, but if you want people to get information for their trip, perhaps the elementary arguments should stop...and that my friends is just my humble opinion!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:00 pm

I wonder if the lower activity is because fewer people are coming to PV?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

"I wonder if the lower activity is because fewer people are coming to PV?"

No, kcowan, according to Mogens, total bookings are down. Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Pat,
Just wanted to let you know yelling on the internet is defined as putting everything in ALL CAPS. So I guess my air of superiority is showing again huh?

Cheesehead,
And Kat.........it sounds like you may get a bit too much of you self-worth/esteem from being a know it all. I recommend getting a hobby.
My self-worth/esteem comes from what idiots "like you" posting on a website think of me---I think Not! What part of the OP had a problem, discovered the problem, took steps to correct it, management responded and that was not good enough and he has vowed to take it down with the sinking ship can't you seem to understand? I was the "first" one to reply to the OP and ask if it had been taken to management and what was their response. I asked because it happened to me once and that was how I resolved it. And I never did the drag the establishment down with the ship routine when the problem was corrected

Never mind, you are not worth my time.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:01 pm

"...idiots "like you"..."

Come on, Kat, you really don't need to stoop to personal insults. Can't we just keep a free flow of non-insulting, non-threatening dialog flowing? Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 am

Chuck..

IMHO...People that get on public internet sites and make assumptions/assessments about a person they have never met because they do not agree with them makes them rocket scientists, right? My self esteem or need to get a hobby have nothing to do with the OP getting a tip added onto his bill a restaurant. It was a pretty idiotic statement on cheesehead's part. So was the "concensus of opinion" of the "pack mentality" on this board that questioned what more the OP wanted done about the situation; past management telling him that the person would no longer be working at their establishment when they ascertained who the individual was, wrong too?

Not all that long ago a poster made some pretty harsh allegations about PVNET and reservations that were made and not honored. As soon a Mogen's found out about it he was in contact with that person, made the problem right and the person ended up posting that PVNET had corrected the problem. Why is that any different than what happened to the OP?

You as a moderator should know that this post will be subject to being pulled up again two years from now by someone doing a search for that restaurant and someone is going to read it and say "Nope, won't ever go to that place". Smearing a local business over and incident you have been told will be corrected is just wrong.

So personal attacks telling someone to get a hobby or questioning their self esteem in your opinion, as a "mod" belong on the board as a response?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:34 am

Excerpt from two posts:
i remember a time when you could actually get some great info on this site.
and
I wonder if the lower activity is because fewer people are coming to PV
You know many of us are using this board as a form of association that links us to PV. We have all been there, many of us multiple times, and some of you have lived for an extended period of time, or are living there now. That's a fact. Another fact is that even though a wise man long ago said there was nothing new under the sun, after a whole pile of years we've pretty much discussed everything, about everyplace, and found out what each other is like. That's a good thing.And because only a few of us in this group are extremely wealthy, we have all found out where we can find something in PV that we can afford.

This bulletin board, (among others) is the common thread, and I don't think that lower 'tourist' activity to PV is the reason for less 'great info' on this site. The knowledgeable are still here waiting for a newbie to ask something that they can answer, Mogens still sells tours, and books all kinds of things on-line, Tom is still stuck on the GCP unless somebody buys him an AI at some other resort (but he'd probably take that and go back for seconds to the GCP), Bruce is still going to post his specials (which I like to read), and Sylvia will continue to post her amusing little pieces that are never objectionable, so who gives a hoot if in person you probably wouldn't get along.

The original poster had a complaint which we all appreciated to hear, and I'm sure all of us were happy that this visitor was in the long run not taken advantage of. What most of us did not agree with was the part that just seemed to reek vengeance and retribution. A new poster does not know the culture of the board, but in my opinion if any of the 'old and senile' ones on this board had written it that way, the same response would have occurred. We're just less tactful then.

And finally: Howard! How come you ended up paying for something I did? What a great country.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:03 am

That was very well put, Ron.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:15 am

Ron,
So are you saying I am old and senile? :lol:

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Locking down.

Posts have strayed from original subject + are getting a bit out of hand, I think most ideas have come across and readers will be able to conclude by themselves.

Greetings

Mogens