IP's and ranting

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:24 am

Thanks for the help. I really envy your ability to aquire computer knowledge. I have tried, but found that it is a but overwhelming. Chuck... 8)

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:27 am

Don't be envious...its cost me thousands and thousands of dollars and countless hours of bashing my head against the wall....maybe why I'm so pleasant all the time? :lol:

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

My Reply

Post by chance » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:35 am

Done
Last edited by chance on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:03 am

Ya sure...lol That's your story, and you're sticking to it... :roll: You must think everyone is as stupid as...oh never mind. You're clearly one of those people that scream innocence, even while being caught in the act.
As I have talked to the IT people that I employee yes it is possible for 2 IP address to be the same. But I will not get into that being and IT guy yourself you know this already.
Better have another chat with the IT people that you "employee" :lol: Because no, it is NOT possible.(without being an IT person), meaning it doesn't happen "naturally" EVER...so please have a nice, warm, frothy cup of stfu.

Edited to add - It CAN happen if BOTH people are using dialup from the same ISP, but since both you and Plus are using Shaw from the same address TONIGHT, that isn't the case now is it? I also answered "never" under the presumption that 99% of the posters here are NOT on dialup.

You're busted, and clearly don't even know it.... :lol:
Last edited by winterpegman on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by chance » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:23 am

Done
Last edited by chance on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Well

Post by chance » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:38 am

Done
Last edited by chance on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:17 pm

I am very serious about going to the RCMP and having this investigated..
OMG Woman don't you know electronic technology and the RCMP don't mix... They'd be trying out their taser's on you two minutes after you walked into their detachment.

don't really blame them.... the nutcases that show up expecting them to solve all their petty squabbles, the odd murder, and doughnut prices on the rise. They are a pretty confused lot this last while, separating what is happening in our country, verses what happens everywhere else in the world. The last bunch of rookies that graduated got so confused that they tied their whistles to the trees and blew their horses.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Ronald I give lots of praise and... many thanks to our Canadian RCMP men and women who are helping make our world a safer place while risking their lives.

My Uncle was RCMP...My cousins wife is an RCMP officer ...

Tribute to the RCMP E)E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACJD-d7 ... re=related

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 pm

My Uncle was RCMP...My cousins wife is an RCMP officer ...
My condolences to all three of you.. I too was unemployed when the security of high school ended, and ended up taking recruit training in Regina.. It was a good part of my life... I can still drink coffee hotter and faster, than anybody else, doughnuts will always be my best friend, and I always have a pen in my pocket.

Came out of it with great memories and lots of inside jokes.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:09 pm

:roll:

Thanks Ronald for your condolences..

I miss my Uncle lots..He was a wonderful role model and... a man that earned his respect that many gave him...
His death was a loss to many...

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

wtf

Post by teatrolimon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:54 pm

i think the point here is miniscule in conjunction of the original posters problems

you cant do much about the ip adress issues these days

but ill lay it str8 on the line how the rcmp would deal with this

go find a lwyer and fight it out with them

then you waste all your money to what?
find out that the technology winterpegman has is some of the most highy sought after in the I.T. sector and the communications field

just a little inside knowledge

the rcmp will laugh at you knowing or not your family was in the regiment

if you need to know anything about the rcmp im willing to answer pretty well ny questions that you have

and if there is any doubt that i couldnt answer your question im certain i can enlighten you with as little GOSSIP ABOUT MYSELF!

right daryl?

ok now

ya think we can talk about things that are a little more possitive like the kids that have struggled in purto vallarta only to find succes or even anything about puerto vallarta at al reall
this board has been going in a direction that a lot of people dont like and thats why they are leaving in drves
seems to mee when we talk about the positive things and share our information in a different persdpective that the board gos in a smoother direction right?

politics weather your momma died your dad is getting divorced you wife cooked a bad meal your boat just sunk crap even if yourdeoderant gives out!

yes some of us dont mind hearing about it
but to tell you the truth we have all come to know each other on a little personal note here and there right?

we can all discuss these personal issues in pm or email on a click of a button right?

ok NOW HAS ANYONE GOT ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT PUERTO VALLARTA NEW EVENTS ORGANISATIONS CHILDRENS ACHIEVEMENTS
UPCOMMING FUNCTIONS FOR CHARITIES PLEASE FIRE AWAY WITH YOUR QUESTION IN THE APROPRITE AREA

OTHER THEN THAT

IT TRULY IS ALL DRIVEL AS YOU CALL IT
EVEN ME THE BIGGEST SO CALLED SPAMMER HARDLY EVEN BOTHERS TO POST TO MUCH ANYMORE BECAUSE WELL LETS JUST SAY I DONT HAVE THE ANSWERS TO EVERYONES PRAYERS I CAN ONLY PRAY WITH THEM

BRUCE

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Bruce I was very Pissed off (same as maybe others would have been) when I wrote about going to RCMP.. btw going to the RCMP would have been making a phone call to a relative to ask a few questions...
I did not understand how someone could have the same ip address as me and I felt I wanted to find out how that could be...

I let things go about a half hour after the post.. I started posting positive fun posts in General and on the photo board ... ( viewtopic.php?t=15527 ) but noone responds to those they would rather be on crap threads...

I have mailed with mogens ..I trust him...

I have NO wish to argue and have not....

I let things go can others too... :?

tojol57

Firewall Security

Post by tojol57 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:17 pm

How about two cents from the peanut gallery and i corn cob from Iowa... Who uses wireless internet access? is your wireless router secured? do you have special access keys and passwords to gain access to your system, your routers, etc... if not, i could pull up outside your door, connect to your wireless router and send messages via your computer system. We used to have a open wireless network at work, but when we installed the new AS-400 business system we intalled VPN routers and networks, and our new router works with DCHP and issues new ip addresses to each computer every time you log on and off the network...

so having "borrowing" somebody's ip address may be easier said than done....

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Yes, that could happen, but let's face it...no one has been standing outside Sylvia's house hacking into a wireless network, and then posting on the same bulletin board as she does time and time again...lol

And again, I DID say that two people can't share an IP Address from two different physical locations (barring dial up that is)...

Your example is from the same physical location (same router). :wink: