warning for Los Tules time share owners

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kingofmen
PV Fan
PV Fan
warning for Los Tules time share owners

Post by kingofmen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:24 pm

If you are a los tules time share owner for a specific unit on a specific week be carefull. We just got back from our 2 weeks in unit 19-501. Apparently the company that owned the time shares went bankrupt and some of the units were sold outright on the condition the new owners be responsible for the rest of the time people still had to use. this means you are staying as a guest of the new owner of your unit. this also means that you receive no services from Los tules unless the owner of your unit arranges for them. We had no maid service for 2 weeks no towel changes. When we had any problems in our unit (no coffee pot, telephone did not work, no drinking water) we were told Los Tules was not responsible and we would have to contact the owner for his OK and payment for anything. We were not even informed at any point before we got there that the unit had been sold. We could not even stay in the room that night because the owner had not informed them we were coming. Your condo fees are no longer paid to Los Tules they go directly to the owner, what you receve for your money is completely at his discression.
My suggestion is to call Los Tules and check on the status of your unit. I will post a complete horror story later

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Loma Linda is also coming off timeshare and units are being sold under similar conditions to those you describe at Los Tules. I would imagine that this will be happening alot in the future as 25 and 30 year timeshare start to expire.

kingofmen
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kingofmen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:56 pm

This is not a coming off time share problem, we still have 10 years left on our time share. the management told me there are 32 weeks for that unit for 8-10 years. If you figure the average maintainence fee is about 800 us, 930US for 2009 per week the new owner can pretty much pay for most of the cost of the purchase by the time the time share people are done. I understand the 4 bedroom units, which is what we have there, sell for 400,000.00 US and up. If they don't pay for you to get any services they only have to pay there monthly fees they make out like a bandit. There purchase contract with the management says they can charge the same as Los Tules would charge for there yearly maintainence fee but doesn't say they have to offer the same services. The management at Los Tules says they have had lots of problems with this and suggested I try to find the other time share owners off the weeks for that unit and try to sue the new owner, who just happens to be a Notario from Guadalajara.