BEWARE OF ATM AT BANORTE ON OLAS ALTAS

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Zeewot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
BEWARE OF ATM AT BANORTE ON OLAS ALTAS

Post by Zeewot » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 pm

Just a word of warning...went to the ATM at the Banorte at #246 Olas Altas yesterday and tried to take out 5000 pesos. I could hear the machine start to count out the money then it just stopped and no money came. It returned my bank card and no slip (which I had requested). I figured the machine ran out of money so tried the other 2 and neither of them were working either. When I got back to condo I checked online and the 5000 pesoes had INDEED been removed from my account and I DID NOT GET IT. We just got back from the bank to ask them to check their records and/or look at the security tapes and the girl just smirked at us, was very condescending and said it wasn't her problem. She said I had to contact my bank and they would contact her bank. When I suggested that this procedure would take some time and asked how long the security tapes were kept for she said only 24 hrs and smirked again. I STRONGLY discourage anyone from using the bank machines at this bank.

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

BEWARE OF ATM AT BANORTE ON OLAS ALAS

Post by PV Patty » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Wow... that totally sucks.
Hope you get it figured out.
What a bummer..
Will remember this for when I head down there!

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Where did you go from there? Were you able to talk to the manager? I find the banks in Vallarta to be extremely frustrating to deal with and I dread everytime I have to go into one. So far we've never had a problem with the ATM's but that could happen. We opened an account at Scotia Inverlat thinking that a branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia would be somewhat easier to deal with but alas, we were proved wrong again. Good luck.

Zeewot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Zeewot » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:37 pm

ellen wrote:Where did you go from there? Were you able to talk to the manager? I find the banks in Vallarta to be extremely frustrating to deal with and I dread everytime I have to go into one. So far we've never had a problem with the ATM's but that could happen. We opened an account at Scotia Inverlat thinking that a branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia would be somewhat easier to deal with but alas, we were proved wrong again. Good luck.
Hi Ellen! I couln't talk to the manager as he was on vacation so I talked to the rude girl who was 2nd in command. I have since emailed my bank and they replied that all I have to do when I get home is sign a foreign money discrepancy report (which they have ready and waiting for me when I get back home) and then my bank will reimburse me with 65 days.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:05 am

That's why I take cash and leave it in my room safe! I never have to worry when I take cash to a cambio to exchange for pesos. No ATM malfunctions, cards eaten or hassles when I get home trying to fix the problem. AND best of all I still have all my cash to spend while I am in PV. :D

modularsf
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

ATM's on Olas Altas are OK

Post by modularsf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 am

The same thing happened to me. Tried to take out 5,000 pesos, machine rumbled, then said the transaction could not be completed. When I got home, checked my bank account, and yes, the withdrawal showed, but then a credit for that amount followed right after. I think the machine was out of sufficient quantity of bills.
Scotia Bank charges a small fee - about 5 or 10 pesos for the transaction.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Well I am going with the debit card. It is the easiest way to get cash. Last year my friend had travelers checks and what a pain those were to cash! I don't want to get change to American here and get dinged twice either and I don't know how easy it is to exchange Canadian funds. Don't you have to go to a bank and stand in a long lineup? I hate lineups and dont' want to waste one minute in PV!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

We only take Cdn and exchange only what we need on a daily basis. The rest stays in our room safe. We've only used our bank card once, and more for curiosity than anything. Went to the scotiabank ATM in Mega..worked no problem

hannaha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by hannaha » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:04 am

Is it illegal to go through your banks drive through ATM with out a car? Like just walk through it to use the ATM because the bank is closed?
Last edited by hannaha on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:53 pm

It is NOT illegal. I see it often. Many banks here have ATMs in their open part of a lobby, when the rest of the bank is closed. I often drive up to a drive through and do get out of my vehicle to use them. I can see things better.