Don't go through Jesus for any tours. (Rude! Rude! Rude!)

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Don't go through Jesus for any tours. (Rude! Rude! Rude!)

Post by ajstanger » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 pm

We just got back this morning after 10 days in PV. We had a blast as usual at everything we did.

However, we did get some very rude treatment from a beach vendor named Jesus. I know Jesus is probably a common name (in Mexico) but I will tell you where he works. First here is the story:

We (2 couples) walked out on the rock out crop between Holiday Inn and Villa Del Palmar to watch the sunset 2 nights before we were going home. We wanted some more sunset pics. After the sun went down we were approached by Jesus asking if we wanted to go fishing and he could be our guide. As usual I was polite and said "no gracias" because we were going home in a couple days but thanks anyways. He came back at me with "suuuuure you are". Then he says to me "get out of here, leave my country and never come back" as I am walking away. I kept walking and repeated my self a few times by saying "Thank you" in English. He said things like "the best thing is watching you walk away leaving my country". He kept going on and on but my friend and I walked away a bit faster then the girls did. They told me that he kept saying things to them also.

I want to make sure everyone knows because he does not deserve any business from anyone.

We have been going every year for the past 6 and have done many of the tours. Like everyone else, we have been approached hundreds of times by the vendors. It doesn't bother us at all. We remain polite and if it isn't something we want or are interested in then we just say "no gracias". We know they are just doing their job but I have never ran into one being so rude.

The last morning before we were leaving we were getting our last couple hours of sunshine in and buying a few items (last minute) from the beach vendors. He obviously didn't remember us because he offered me to go fishing. I knew it was him. I told him we had to leave in an hour so "no gracias". He came back with "we can go for a half an hour". Funny but I know how he really is. I called him back to get his name so I could note it on this website.

The night he was rude I could tell he was "high". His true feeling towards the tourists came out. I was very, very dissapointed. It didn't ruin the rest of my vacation but it was in my mind. I was sure to get his name liste it here.

He is about 5'4" (give or take an inch) and about 50-55 years old. He wears his duffle of man purse or whatever you want to call it where he has to put it over his head and arm. So the strap comes across his chest and back at an angle and it hangs at his side. Again, his name is Jesus. He works in front of Villa Del Palmar and the Holiday Inn.

Please do not give him your business. There are way too many better vendors out there that deserve your business.

Other then that we thoruoghly enjoyed our 10 days there. Got off the plane at Detroit (12:15 AM) and it was 37. Burrr.

Adios,
T.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 am

Ajstanger check your private messages.

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Could this be...

Post by Youarethere » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Is this the Jesus that use work the beach at what use to be the Camino Real. I remember him by the name of Chuy though, he never use to go by his givin name. He would be about the same age but he was a little taller than 5 ft. 4.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:14 am

Not the same guy. This guy has been working the same area for years.

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Youarethere » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Do you know the Chuy that I am talking about? He was always a nice guy. I would have been shocked it it was the same person. Chuy from the Camino was helpful and kind. If you know Chuy, does he still work that beach that is Dreams now?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:43 am

I don't know Chuy, but I will see if I can find out if he still works the beach a Dreams.

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

You're a Sweetheart!!!

Post by Youarethere » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Thank you so much, you're so kind!!!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 am

Did Chuy work at the restaurant serving on the beach or was he a vendor?

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Youarethere » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 pm

He use to sell boat and fishing trips on that beach. We were really close, he use to call me his sister when I came down to PV because I went out with his babies godfather.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:12 am

Nope, not the same guy. There was/is a guy named Chuy that has worked in the restaurant for many years but was never a vendor.

davidmcguire760
PV Fan
PV Fan

Sorry to hear that

Post by davidmcguire760 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 am

The vendors outside all of the resorts are usually a little pushy but not usually rude. It sucks to hear that one of them acted like that. I will be there October 10th to 18th, 2009. I almost never buy from the beach vendors, but I do find something I like I will watch who I get it from.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 am

Hey David,
I find the vendors to be just the opposite around VDP. I can name the pushy, rude ones on one hand, the rest of them are great if you give them a chance to get to know you. They are amazing at remembering names, what type of things you like, where you live, etc. A couple of the jewelry guys and I are way to good a friends, my empty wallet and credit card balance when I get home are proof of that. :lol:

CaballioDiablo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by CaballioDiablo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

I noticed this when I was in PV early July, and yes the beach vendors have become pushy, if not desperate. There was one, drunk, pilled up vendor who wanted to start a fight with me one early moring on the beach because I bought a tour from one of his direct competators on the beach. Most are really nice, lots of the timeare some of the funniest people youv'e ever met, but this guy is a complete degenerate, and is even dispised bu the other beach vendors in the area! :evil:

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:25 am

Hey Diablo,
Welcome! We all know there are a few bad apples in the bunch, unfortunately they have been around for years and unfortunately they don't seem to be going anywhere. We just have to give credit to the good guys/gals for the job they do, sure isn't easy walking all day in the hot sun.