buenaventura hotel

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan
buenaventura hotel

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm

i notice many people reccommending this hotel,,,my wife and i stayed there a couple of years ago,,and we did not have a great time,,,,it seems this hotel caters to mexican families, they had a big banner hanging out front advertising weekend specials,,,,when we were ther for 8 - 9 days they had booked about 300 young kids soccer teams,,,it was chaotic,kids running up and down the halls late at night,,,,crowded pool ....etc.....i am sure its nice there at times but i think hit and miss,would be the best i can say,,,,,and i wouldnt return if we had free accomodations,,who wants to gamble ,when we have such a small amount of time for vacations,,,,
i have always had a good experience at playa los arcos,hotel rio, posada de roger, and many others,,my only bad hotel experience in pv after approx 100 trips since 1972 , was buenaventura hotel

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu May 28, 2009 2:00 am

it seems this hotel caters to mexican families, they had a big banner hanging out front advertising weekend specials,,,,
How dare they "cater" to the Mexican citizens in their own country. :shock: :evil: :roll:

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Couple of Years ago?

Post by helenf » Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 pm

There have been many changes there since "a couple of years ago". They've completed renovations and we did not find this resort to be any of the things that you claim it was when you were there. We were there for the Christmas before last when they were completing the renos. It was a wonderful, laidback atmosphere and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I'm curious - How come it took you a "couple of years" to pop in here with your complaint rather than upon your return or when someone else came here to ask about that particular resort?

I can't help but think this little post is only to stir up some "#$%".

Helen

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:17 pm

helen, i am not trying to stir things up,,i have made a similar post preyiously,here....you must have been on a week when it was quiet,,,,,but if you had been there with 300 screaming kids running around ,maybe you too would have a different opinion,,,,,i think that people should know that they do overbook sometimes,,,for large groups and the regular tourists have to suffer thru the whole mess.....this is not always a quiet, peaceful vacation hotel....there is nothing wrong with catering to mexican families,,,,but a group of 300 , not 200 or 250 ,,i mean at least 300 young kids,,,,it was out of control....
and i have enjoyed pv for a long time,,,,,stayed at many hotels ,mostly in the romantic zone,,,,,and enjoyed every minute except that one stay,,,,

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri May 29, 2009 12:43 am

Again, Steve, what took you so long to complain? Chuck... 8)

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:23 am

Sorry :oops: but my best gal friend Mavis and her hubby from Sask. and their friends stayed at the Boneventura on their first vacation to Mexico after many trips to Jamaica..Dominican etc..
They were turned off and will sadly not return.. :P

They said the loud noise from the street...The fact that they could not... did not want to swim in Ocean and Gord hating signing for every little item they ate or drank tuned them off.

I felt bad they did not see what I saw in beloved PV ..

Steve if what you say is true... sorry... you had a bad experience but your words do suck when you complain about nationals filling a local Resort..
If you do not like Mexicans then maybe vacation at home..If you do not enjoy lots of kids around you go to an adult only resort...

There :lol: :evil: :twisted: You have been spanked :P

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri May 29, 2009 5:40 am

I posted what I did because saying they cater to the people who live in and are citizens of a country makes you sound like you think they are not entitled to stay in that hotel if you are staying there. I travel all over for business and I was in Sacramento (across from the sports complex) for the entire summer a couple of years ago. Guess what they do at the sports complex? The kids soccer, softball, volleyball and track teams all have tournaments and guess where they stayed, the same Marriott I was staying in. Have you not ever seen the tour buses bring bus loads of people into the resorts in PV? What I am saying is any hotel can book a large group...but to say they run weekend specials and cater to Mexicans in Mexico sounds a bit like an ugly tourist with an attitude that they are better than the nationals. I know kids can be noisy and annoying at times but if you look past the noise and annoyance and into their eyes they are enjoying the best times of their lives carefree, playing, laughing and doing what children are supposed to be doing and if they have parents who care enough to put them in organized sports then good for them. I would rather be annoyed by laughter and fun than by worrying that they are going to pick my pocket, break into my room or steal my purse.

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by helenf » Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 pm

I don't have any issues with complaints/bad experiences about a resort being posted by anyone. The reason for my post is that you waited two years to post the review out of the "blue". No one else had posted looking for info on it so I am just trying to figure out why - Two years later - you posted about this resort. There have been many changes made since your visit there so I feel that your comments aren't quite accurate due to the changes there that have been made.

And, the comment about the Mexican nationals irked me too. You visited Mexico - their country. YOU are the visitor to THEIR country.

This is why I couldn't help but think you were just trying to stir the pot up.

Helen

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:45 pm

ok people, this will be my last comment on this subject,,,i was reading the forum as i often do, and the post before mine about bungalo lodgeing , one poster noted that buenaventura was a nice place,,,,,i thought i should let the readers know what happen when we were there..it could happen to anyone,,,,i doubt there are many forum readers that have been to vallarta more than me,i fell in love with vallarta in 1972 ,,,and return as often as possible,,over 100 visits so far,,,,,i have stayed many places,,,the one time i tryed a place out of old town,,it turned out to be a bad experience,,i love the mexican people,,usually stay small hotels where i am often the only gringo,,,,i think many of the forum readers are misinterpreting my comments,,isnt that what the forum is for,,,let others know ,about our experiences,,,,when i was at the buenaventura ,it was being poorly managed,,maybe its different now,,,i will let you spend your vacation money to find out,,,,mine will take me elswhere,,,i dont consider my comments as a complaint,,,just a commentary on my experience...

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun May 31, 2009 3:22 am

I respect your right to your opinion, but the they "cater" to Mexicans just came across badly. People just questioned why you brought to this forum your experiences from two years ago. You say it was being managed badly but things change in two years and maybe that is why people are giving a different reaction to their recent experiences there vs. yours from two years ago.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that other members of PV haven't been there as much as you or stayed in as many places as you because a large number of this forum's members have spent alot of time in PV, or we own property and businesses down there.

People always say it is the people of PV who bring them back so when we read someone stating the people of Mexico are catered to and to blame for your bad trip (once in how many trips?) just rubs people the wrong way.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Katnsocal, you made your point in your first reply, so why continue to attack Steve? He is an experienced traveler to Mexico and if you go back and read all of his posts you will see that he truly loves Mexico and the people.

I just don't understand why a few people on this forum have such a pompous know-it-all attitude and can not accept any one elses opinion. Especially when it is contrary to theirs or is critical of anything in PV. Heaven forbid he just might have more time and experience in Mexico than you. Pull in the claws. Regards, Harry :D

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:40 am

Harry,
Don't make a fool of yourself. Other people who posted to Steve also said what I did, everything from him trying to stir the pot, stir up S#@% respecting his opinon/review. Maybe you should read all the posts again and know the people you are talking too before you come on here and jump all over someone you don't know.

Aren't you the Harry that has a bar in PV? Been in town a couple of years? (Yeah, I've heard all the stories about you) damn don't you just hate how business owners in PV talk? You just never know who knows who in town. You've got a few years to go in town before you catch up to me, so you might want to reserve your comments about what people on this forum know or don't know.

edited x 1

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Music Please

Post by smitty » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:28 pm

I thought this thread could use a little music - dedicated to my favourite drama queen . :roll:

http://www.dramabutton.com/

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Music Please

Post by howard_jax » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

smitty wrote:I thought this thread could use a little music - dedicated to my favourite drama queen . :roll:

http://www.dramabutton.com/
I hardly think that was necessary Jim. You were not even involved in the thread. :?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 am

I hardly think that was necessary Jim. You were not even involved in the thread.
Smitty always has to step into it whether it concerns him or not. If I have posted he has a smart A%% snarky comment. One would think he would outgrow he childish behavior one of these days but I think that is asking too much.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 am

I think both of them are making all of these comments on purpose, so that we won't suspect that they are secret lovers that surreptitiously meet in PV as often as possible. There is a hidden code in their posts. :lol: >:)<

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 am

Ronald,
That was REALLY un-called for! :lol: :D

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:45 am

OK, I can see where the problem comes from. I too had a negative reaction to the "caters to Mexican families" remark. I hope that was not a racist sentiment, he says it wasn't and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I seriously can not see the need for all these personal attacks, again.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 pm

David I agree with you and would like to give stevePVsince1972 benefit of the doubt... :)

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Katnsocal, as usual you are wrong on all counts. You need to aplogize to Harry the bar owner. As I said, your pompous know-it-all attitude and self appointed guru of PV seems, in your mind, to give you the right to put down everone that does not agree with you (especially the newbies). Put your brain in gear before engaging the keyboard.

As far as my PV experience I have no need to brag publicly (like you), and have no requirement to condescend to you and your vast PV experience. Regards, Harry :lol:

PS: If it takes a couple of days between my replies do not despair. I am on the road most of the time.