buenaventura hotel

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Harry, tone it down, I read all through this post and Kat did fine, no need to get all aggressive. There are two issues, I think the main one is time, Buenaventura did a big overhaul around two years ago and I doubt past experiences are valid. Written language is weak and Steve did explain he was not being racist, just 300 kids was not what he expected. I have kids and keep them under control, I feel Mexicans, specially the "doñas" as we call them here in GDL (the moms of rich families, those that don't work and are constantly in cafés and gyms) are too lazy when it comes to kids, they don't even look after them and kids go completely berzerk, those that suffer are all the rest, so 300 of those surely is 299 too many.

Anyway, get along "kids" and Smitty, please stop harassing Kat.

Greetings

Mogens

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:30 pm

To Harry the bar owner in PV, I apolgize for you getting blamed in the kat fight. The comments and character assassination was totally inappropriate by katnsocal. I will seek you out on my next visit, introduce myself, and partake of your establishment. I hope other members of this forum do likewise. I only hope katnsocal apologizes to you also. Regards, Harry

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:07 pm

mgallard wrote:Harry, tone it down, I read all through this post and Kat did fine, no need to get all aggressive. There are two issues, I think the main one is time, Buenaventura did a big overhaul around two years ago and I doubt past experiences are valid. Written language is weak and Steve did explain he was not being racist, just 300 kids was not what he expected. I have kids and keep them under control, I feel Mexicans, specially the "doñas" as we call them here in GDL (the moms of rich families, those that don't work and are constantly in cafés and gyms) are too lazy when it comes to kids, they don't even look after them and kids go completely berzerk, those that suffer are all the rest, so 300 of those surely is 299 too many.

Anyway, get along "kids" and Smitty, please stop harassing Kat.

Greetings

Mogens
Thank you for your admonishment. I noticed you did not admonish katnsocal for her tirade and use of foul language. Whats the deal here? Regards, Harry

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Foul language? I read through this thread and found none that I could notice. Please quote.

Mogens

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:22 pm

(the moms of rich families, those that don't work and are constantly in cafés and gyms) are too lazy when it comes to kids
I totally agree with you on that statement Mogens. Unfortunately, it appears to me that the mothers (and fathers) in your community have taken the same 'parenting' classes that many have taken in my community as well.

It would be fine if they all stayed home, but for some reason besides having no social skills, they also seem to have a lot of money, and invade all of our restaurants and hotels in mass. I've noticed a few of our hotels now have floors devoted to no children at all. Sign of the times I guess.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:08 pm

mgallard wrote:Foul language? I read through this thread and found none that I could notice. Please quote.

Mogens
Oh, excuse me. I now know that foul symbolism does not qualify as foul lanquage. It is just in the mind of the beholder, and should have never been interpreted as foul lanquage; especially in the context that it was used. I feel free to use it now that it has the ok. Regards, Harry

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Anybody know what Harry is talking about? Care to explain, I really don't have the time for sermons or vague rantings, be clear or just shut up, got it, is that clear enough?

Sheesh...

Mogens
Admin

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm

ronald wrote:it appears to me that the mothers (and fathers) in your community have taken the same 'parenting' classes that many have taken in my community as well.
Luckily I don't have to share the same space with people like that too much of the time. I think they've taken no other class than egomaniac narcissistic obsession 101... :-)

Greetings

Mogens

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

i love mexico,pv,and all mexican people!

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 am

thanks to those who give me the benifit of doubt.....i truely love mexico ,puerto vallarta, and i have never had a bad experience, except the one i dared to comment on,,,,,i love the people, the culture,even the gringos that go there,,i like the smell of the market place,the windy old roads,,,the new super toll roads too......i wish i were there now,,,walking on the malecon , or just sitting on the zocalo watching people,,,,,i have so many stories to tell....keep my friends laughing,,,,all of the best times of my life have revolved around pv,,since my first trip in 1972 when i was22 yo and drove from wash ,dc,,in my 1970 Suburban with no air cond....so please, people of this forum dont judge me,from commenting on a mis managed hotel experience,,,,i have fond memories from staying at hotel rio for $8 per night,,,etc i could go on----i dont want you forum readers to think i am some kind of nut,,complaining,,i rarely complain,,only this one time ,,,,and sure stirred things up,,,,,,sorry for that.....so adios amigos,buen viajes,,,,hope you all have a wonderful time on your next visit,,,,,

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:16 am

I can't help but think this little post is only to stir up some "#$%".
Harry you might want to apologize to Mogens the above quote was posted by Helen not me. I merely referred to posts that had been made when I told you others had posted that they were not in total agreement with Steve's post.

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by helenf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:17 pm

StevePV,

I will apologize for accusing you of being a &*( disturber.

I frequent many "boards" on the internet and as I'm sure you can imagine - there are numerous people who just pop in to make a fuss and that was my first instinct when I saw your post.

Hope you enjoy your next visit to PV.

Helen

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: i love mexico,pv,and all mexican people!

Post by harry » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm

stevePVsince1972 wrote:thanks to those who give me the benifit of doubt.....i truely love mexico ,puerto vallarta, and i have never had a bad experience, except the one i dared to comment on,,,,,i love the people, the culture,even the gringos that go there,,i like the smell of the market place,the windy old roads,,,the new super toll roads too......i wish i were there now,,,walking on the malecon , or just sitting on the zocalo watching people,,,,,i have so many stories to tell....keep my friends laughing,,,,all of the best times of my life have revolved around pv,,since my first trip in 1972 when i was22 yo and drove from wash ,dc,,in my 1970 Suburban with no air cond....so please, people of this forum dont judge me,from commenting on a mis managed hotel experience,,,,i have fond memories from staying at hotel rio for $8 per night,,,etc i could go on----i dont want you forum readers to think i am some kind of nut,,complaining,,i rarely complain,,only this one time ,,,,and sure stirred things up,,,,,,sorry for that.....so adios amigos,buen viajes,,,,hope you all have a wonderful time on your next visit,,,,,
Steve, well said. I thought the statement causing the furor was inadvertant and could tell from one of your early posts that you love Mexico and the people. I just dont't like personal attacks and will always speak up. As a consequence I get attacked and accused of being someone they don't like. So far that post has not been retracted. Regards, Harry

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:08 pm

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt
I agree with davlin and Plus4. While the "caters to Mexican's" remark does "irk" a little bit, it might be a useful piece of info to some people, as much as many of us might detest that. No need to keep up the attack.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 pm

mgallard wrote:Anybody know what Harry is talking about? Care to explain, I really don't have the time for sermons or vague rantings, be clear or just shut up, got it, is that clear enough?

Sheesh...

Mogens
Admin
Is this your polite or angry response? ...Sheesh...Regards, Harry :lol:

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:44 pm

katnsocal wrote:
I can't help but think this little post is only to stir up some "#$%".
Harry you might want to apologize to Mogens the above quote was posted by Helen not me. I merely referred to posts that had been made when I told you others had posted that they were not in total agreement with Steve's post.
Apologize? Helen did use it but it also appears in your reply to me in your post of June 1, 2009. By the way that post has since been edited so who knows what and when? Best Regards, Harry

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 am

Harry wins!!!! He has managed to have the last word (drivel, though it may be)

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

z

Post by teatrolimon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:39 pm

word

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:49 pm

harry wrote:
mgallard wrote:Anybody know what Harry is talking about? Care to explain, I really don't have the time for sermons or vague rantings, be clear or just shut up, got it, is that clear enough?

Sheesh...

Mogens
Admin
The angry one. Want the boot now?

Mogens

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Villa Premier, the sister hotel in excellent. Although more expensive, it has had consistently good reviews. A 7-day AI at the Buenaventura gets one of those days at the VP if desired.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by harry » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:45 pm

mgallard wrote:
harry wrote:

Sheesh...

Mogens
Admin
The angry one. Want the boot now?

Whatever floats your boat. And good luck in keeping your forum and business going. It does not look good. Also, since you and katnsocal both are in the business of selling services to tourists, you both might try to be a little nicer to your potential customers. In my business we don't tell people to shut up. very very rude. Best Regards, Harry :lol:

Mogens