assault in PV mexico

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan
assault in PV mexico

Post by augie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 pm

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u205 ... t=Mexico25 March 2009 my wife and I were invited to a timeshare presentation at the Hotel Allegro, the Liner hastily gave us a very brief overview of the facility, seems he was pressed for time. He never showed us a room. Maurico, the Closer, did a very good job presenting the program, he was very thorough in his presentation, he finished talking and asked "what we thought", since his program was similiar to ours we had no interest in getting involved, we told him NO its not for us. He proceeded, to scribble a large "X" or the word "NO" on his paperwork and left. The sales manager, ( Mr. Enrique Soto), sat down and started his pitch, he was relentless, wouldn't take "NO" for an answer. We finally just stood up and ask to be excused, we "weren't interested". We were on the Hotel patio for about 20 minutes when the sales manager reappeared with "Oscar" (Mr. Oscar Aquirre), a thug who appeared to be on drugs. Oscar was looking for trouble for in a very menacing tone he announced " we were not finished with the presentation" . he pushed my wife aside, I got in his face and asked "what his problem was" we had said "NO", it was over! He put his hands on my shoulders, kicked me in the groin, missed, then missed with a right cross, he wasn't satisfied so he pushed me down a flight of concrete steps. Pictures show the injuries. Cost me $600 at a local hospital. A local lawyer, Hugo Cesar Castillo La Madrid, took up our cause for $400. He refuses to communicate with us. I wrote the Banderas Bay News and they fowarded my e-mail to the US Consular there in PV. They contacted Albero Canahuate, sales manager and Luis Namnum the President of the vacation club, I e-mailed Mr. Canahuate, I guess he has no courage either for he is mute also! I'm trying to get Oscar's full name so I can press charges against him, I e-mailed the Consular but they won't communicate either, so I'm on my own but the computer is a vey powerfull tool The ring leader for this group is a Canadian :twisted: , her name Marina Juarez Levanchuk
Last edited by augie on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:54 pm

augie, I couldn't get the pictures to come up on the link so can't comment on them but certainly what happened to you is horrible. Things have gone way too far when things like this occur. Surely someone from the consulate will help out some way, I hope. Mexico in general and Vallarta in particular don't need publicity of this kind. Maybe you could send the pictures in to the Guadalajara Reporter. They might be interested in the story, too. Good luck and keep us posted.

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:15 am

thanks for the tip

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:26 am

augie wrote:thanks for the tip
Send me an email and I in turn will send you an email address for the editor if you like. Or you can just Google The Guadalajara Reporter.

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 am

I opened the pics to the public you should be able to view them now if not send me your e-mail address and I'll get them to you, very graphic afarfalla@hotmail.com

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:36 am

augie.... first of all welcome to the forum .. :)

I hope the members here can help you.. Ellen gave you some good ideas..

What you went through is unacceptable and your story should be told..
I am so sorry for what happened to you..
I saw the photos and can imagine your pain...

Best to you and yours .... wishing you a fast recovery..

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Timeshare Bashing

Post by smitty » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Your timeshare ordeal is disgusting . I hope you get some justice but knowing how powerful timeshare in PV is - I have doubts that will ever happen . Good luck Augie .

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 am

Augie,
Your pictures tell your story all on their own, unbelievable.

Since Hotel Allegro is in the state of Nayarit I think you need to persue any further efforts through that state. Guad, like PV is in the state of Jalisco and I am not sure that they will take up your cause when it happened in another state.

Unfortunately the guys like Oscar and the Sales Mgr. travel around constantly and trying to find them is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I would venture a guess, given the current economic state of the area, that the Sales Mgr. does not even work there anymore.

I was hoping I might be able to help you with Oscar's identity but Nuevo pretty much cuts out any information I might be able to get for you.

If I was you I would go to the Trip Advisor Nuevo Vallarta forum and post your story on there. At least you will hit the audience that is traveling to Nuevo. If you can hit them in their pocketbook as far as people going to their presentations and get it out into the population that is traveling there.
Good Luck!!!!!!

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:03 am

appreciate all your help thank you augie

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Allegro

Post by poppy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 am

The American Consulate is located upstairs at Paradise Village Mall, right across the street from the Allegro. Maybe they can help you.

opennshut
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Help from consulates...NAH!

Post by opennshut » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:46 am

I wouldn't count on much assistance from the consulate regarding this matter. In the end it's a criminal matter that must proceed through the local police.

The Canadian consulate made all the right, sympathetic noises about my complaint but could do little, in reality, to assist me in getting some justice in the scam run by Mauricio Rodriguez that I reported in this forum.

When I went to the police, I was left frustrated by the disinterest, run-around and lack of effort on the part of the various local authorities. It was an education that proved to me how inconsequential a tourist is in a high traffic centre such a Vallarta.

Still, I believe that it remains incumbent on all of us to complain to ALL the powers-that-be, loudly and long, when something criminal happens to us in foreign countries. Eventually, there WILL be a positive response and travel will be that much safer and more pleasant for everybody.

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Need to Know If This Was Resolved

Post by Youarethere » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Many years ago we had a problem in PV and it involved someone by that name. It was in the newspaper which I have dug out and has a last name for this person. I also have a picture of him. Contact me!!

fubob
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Remarks

Post by fubob » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:00 pm

While I certainly sympathize with your situation and have no regard at all for the time share goons the "Canadian Jew " remark is uncalled for .

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:20 am

if you saw her in action, trust me, I was being nice with that remark. She queried us as to where she was from, we could not place her accent, seeing we were stumped "Canadian Jew" came out of her mouth?

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Sure sounds to me that with her full name, she is a Latin or Spaniard, possibly married to a Canadian who is also possibly of the Jewish faith. She may very well be a crook and the leader of the other crooks, but certainly being a "Canadian Jew" has nothing to do with that.

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:34 am

She is a Russian Jew, Levanchuk, she married a mexican, Jurez, she doesn't use Levanchuk anymore, in any case she explained to my wife and I when she quizzed us as to her nationality, "Russian Jew" came out of her mouth, I am just paraphrasing her

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 am

Augie,
You are taking away the credibility of your report with your fixation on this person being jewish, what does the person's religion matter in the grand scheme of your complaint. Are you complaining about being beaten up by some thug or you more fixated on her nationality/religion?

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 am

if your jewish and it offends you, don't read it. she was an intregal part of this story since she ran the operation, if vacationing tourists encounter a "Peg" (married with children) want-a-be, she dressed, walked and her makeup was identical to katie segal on the show. each time she would pass our table she would slip into her joan rivers routine, the "penis" joke had the wife and I scratching our heads, very unprofessional. Mr K if it upsets you that she has so little regard for her faith by calling herself a "canadian jew" please take it up with her I just reported the story as it happened.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jew or what?

Post by webmaster » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Hmmm... need some clarification, is "jew" considered a bad word? Is there an alternative word? Or was the issue that the religion of this person was brought up? In any case, if the person in question used it as an adjective for themselves I see no reason to get all upset if augie brings it up.

Greetings

Mogens

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Mogens,
Yes, Jew "CAN/often is" be used as a derogatory referral to a person. I fail to see what religion someone is has anything to do with the incident that took place. By doing so gives the impression that being Jewish is a bad/less than honorable thing.

If the person was a "Mexican Catholic" or a "Southern Baptist" I doubt very much that you would have seen them referred to as such. Whether or not they are Russian, Canadian, Jewish or Catholic is irrelevant point in what happened in this incident.