assault in PV mexico

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Sure, but in this case the person used it as an adjective to describe herself, so repeating it I guess is not a problem, the main issue, I think is in the mind of the reader.

Mogens

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Context

Post by smitty » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 pm

A "Russian Jew" is often thought to be a one who claims the name without the faith . Jews in Russia were never allowed to follow the religion due to communism - but they were still labelled Jews . Their Jewish religion was reason for their allowable emigration .

I think Augie has met an unscrupulous person and race or religion isn't a factor . A scumbag is a scumbag .

PS Please forgive my spelling errors .

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Oh, come on. The word: "Jew" is not a "bad" word. Nothing wrong with "Russian Jew" either. My Grandmother was a Polish Jew and my dad, at one time was also. I find nothing at all wrong with the way "Jew" has been used in this post. Let's just stop making a problem where none exists. Chuck...

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:30 pm

The entire story was sad. I am sorry it happened to anyone. I do agree that no matter what the Nationality or Religious belief was of the crook, they were a crook pure and simple.

The only problem I had was, did she say she was a Canadian Jew or a Russian Jew? It seems to me that Augie has a fixation on the "Jew" part.

While the word Jew is not terrible at all. It does go to one's religion, not nationality. Why was she not just a crooked Russian or a crooked Canadian or any other Nationality?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:36 pm

"While the word Jew is not terrible at all. It does go to one's religion, not nationality. Why was she not just a crooked Russian or a crooked Canadian or any other Nationality?"

Taking that idea a little further, Howard, why even mention a nationality? How about just a "crooked person"? Chuck...

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:06 am

Well, I 'm guessing that you should at least keep the 'woman' part in. :lol: :lol: If not, just say that a human did it.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 am

Whether or not they are Russian, Canadian, Jewish or Catholic is irrelevant point in what happened in this incident.
Why was she not just a crooked Russian or a crooked Canadian or any other Nationality?
I think Augie has met an unscrupulous person and race or religion isn't a factor . A scumbag is a scumbag .
Let's just stop making a problem where none exists. Chuck...
Taking that idea a little further, Howard, why even mention a nationality? How about just a "crooked person"? Chuck...
Well, I 'm guessing that you should at least keep the 'woman' part in. If not, just say that a human did it.
Finally everyone is in agreement a crooked, scumbag, thug of a human being did it. :)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 am

The original post seems to be edited now... Must be all that American TV we watch here, but for me Oscar and weiners are almost synonymous.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:11 pm

When augie first posted this thread I read it several times.
What stood out to me were the words of the cruel treatment he had at the hands of as augie named .. a thug...
Also what stood out to me were the photos that were posted..

I do not believe augie posted the words Canadian Jew in a mean way.

My humble opinion.. :)
When describing a person involved in a crime..
I don't think there is anything wrong to factually describe a persons ethnicity..... especially in this case where the woman encouraged augie and his wife to guess what accent she had and she herself volunteered the information she was a Canadian (Russian) Jew.

augie how are you doing...I hope the wounds have healed..
Best to you and yours..

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Bring In The Rabbi

Post by smitty » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Good words Sylv - but lets hear what a Rabbi would say . :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vFNzlXmNU&eurl=

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:03 pm

all the goldbergs and goldsteins will be happy now!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Well, I guess your last post casts away all doubt that you are anti-semitic. It would now not surprise me that the beating was for a derogatory remark made of Mexicans. You disgust me.

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:50 am

mr J it was people like yourself who turned this article, which was meant to be constructive and helpful, into a religious escapade. it happened as reported in spite of your disgust. I left one part of this story out maybe you and your religious fanatic friends will appreciate...the staff came between Oscar and I to end the incident, my wife and I proceeded to the main entrance of the hotel, I sat in the middle of the front steps and asked for the manager, well you think I had the swine flu, the manager was convienently gone. I then made a major mistake by asking for the police, I should of asked for tourista police they speak english, well I was handcuffed and they were ready to stuff me in a squad car when hotel staff intervened on my behalf, I had to sign a paper stating "it was a misunderstanding" and I was let go. Now I don't believe in god but the next events may atest to his working in mysterous ways, that evening the wife and I were walking along the malecon by the romantic zone when I was approached by a young lady and 2 men, not knowing what was about to take place I kept my mouth shut, not easy to do for me. Interestingly enough she had worked for the joan rivers, katie segal want-a-be as a liner with :twisted: as her boss. The following are her exact words, her "name is marina lavenchuk juarez a russian jew who migrated to canada and now goes by juarez". The affair didn't last long for indeed :twisted: is a scumbag loser the young lady quit. It turns out she witnessed the events in front of the hotel earlier and recognized me, what are the odds? it was meant to be, for this is how I came by :twisted: name. Occidental corporate supplied the other names and has since stepped up to the plate. No mr j I didn't call them wetbacks!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 am

augie wrote:all the goldbergs and goldsteins will be happy now!

Awwww augie ..

I am..was... truly sorry you took a licking and wanted to show support for you and give you benefit of doubt but :x

I asked how you were doing and you chose to ignore my question and instead decided to post words that were used in a bad hurtful way...

and Jimbo I agree with the first comment after the video

very cute... :)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 am

Suspicions confirmed!

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 am

fellow tourists I had no idea that I would have to defend my ideolgys here on this forum, they have no bearing on the fact that I took my time to post the events for your information. I am alive and well it took 4 weeks to recoup, I'm back to running 20 miles a week and working various muscle groups 3 times a week, not bad for 66. I have no religious affilation, catholic, grammer, high and college schools but to me religion was the biggest hoax predicated on the human race, too many wars fought over it and no one has died of cancer of the soul. I grow weary of this whole affair...later

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:12 am

augie no need to defend your ideology's here...

You say you do not have any religious affiliation and that religion was the biggest hoax predicated on the human race..
Fine ! that is your belief..
but many of us here do have religious affiliations and this forum also has Jewish members... Maybe a little respect is called for...

:) my very strict Protestant upbringing and my strong faith in God and his son makes me want to have a friendly Religious debate with you but I would hate to start a war on this thread :lol: so will leave it be... :)

In my opinion what happened to you in PV was wrong..
Glad you have healed and yes for a 66 year old your workout outs are quite impressive...

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:30 am

Isn't it amazing that all those that were originally aghast of Augies first post (there were many) have now seen the light. The pictures were of an awful beating, no doubt. With his turn to bigotry and anti semitism and Godlessness, I am not sure what I believe of his story. Last time many of have seen pictures like that, they were of a guy beaten up while drunk at one of the PV Brothels. Some how THAT scenario has more credence to me.

augie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by augie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:35 pm

J don't drink,smoke and curse very little (how else could I run weekly), seems that J and K have brought this whole affair down to your levels being 4 year olds please get a life, mine is great, your trying to cloud this whole affair with false notions, this story is recounted as it happened for educational purposes for the traveling public and I resent your trying to turn it otherwise, it obvious you had issues growing up in NY

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:23 pm

I still feel the same way about augie's original post..I saw nothing wrong with the way he wrote his words... I was horrified at what happened to him and I do believe him...

VIOLENCE IS NEVER an answer no matter what has been said or done and those that do use violence to get their way or they use violence in anger should be punished in a criminal court......

What angered me were augies words he wrote on Aug. 14th at 3:03pm