Cancellation of online booked tours

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

calgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 am

To make a long story short, I booked a tour (Marigalante) online before going to PVR. Come the day of our tour, the Pirate Ship was not running. I spoke with the manager of the tours and he assured me that my visa would be credited for the amount of the tour. It has been almost a month since that tour was cancelled and I have yet to see a credit on my visa. I have called the tour company twice with no results. My advice to everyone is to wait and purchase your tours in PVR, that way if your tour does not happen for whatever reason, you can ask for an immediate refund.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:19 am

Calgal,
Please clarify what tour company you booked with?

I know you were told on TA to post this on this site but there are two companies with very similar names:

This site puertovallarta.net/tours

The other company which is puertovallartatours.net.

If you booked with this site you can send a PM to MGallard and he will address your problem directly.

Hope that helps.

calgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks for your help with my dilema. I purchased the tour on puertovallarta.net/tours. I am new to this website and am not quite sure how to navigate it yet. How do I get in touch with MGallard?

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 pm

From her Trip Advisor post, she says
" I have called the tour company twice with no results."
she was calling puertovallarta.net

calgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgal » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Well then, who am I supposed to call? That is the only phone number that I know of.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:22 am

CalGal,
Ignore the previous post, he was merely trying to correct me. You are just trying to get help not get involved in him trying to prove I am an idiot with no knowledge of PV.

To answer your question, if you look up at the top of the page in blue font you will see a place to log in, you have to be logged in to send a private message. So log in and go to the area in purple font that says you have no new messages (assuming no one has sent you a message yet). Click on that link and you will find a button that says "post a new topic" click on that button. That will give you a box just like an email box would look. You want to send it to mgallard. In the box just write your problem or copy and paste what you have posted if it is easier and hit send. He will reply to you shortly, he is very very good about replying to messages in a very timely manner. When it shows a new message you also have to be logged in to read it.

You may already have a response from him in your message box as he keeps on top of what it posted on this board so he may already be handling your problem for you.

Hope those instructions help!

Kat

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

?

Post by teatrolimon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:29 am

mogens

my friend called me today asking me if i knew you
i replied yes
and then she asked me to help her !
can you see toit that se gets a response from you soon
we back you up 100% in your buisness but we nee to get this resolved

i know the tour company gets the money
but can you see what you can do

if not just let me know and ill go to the owner of the boat myself
or use another source

bruce

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cancellation

Post by webmaster » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Has the person called the 1888 number? This needs to be resolved with the tour & hotel reservation team. Those were of course complicated days to resolve issues, all company members celebrate New Years.

Greetings

Mogens

calgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgal » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:29 pm

This post is intended for mgallard

I booked the Pirate Ship Tour for 4 adults through puertovallarta.net tours online November 4 2009 prior to our trip to PV. When the tour was cancelled November 19 2009 due to the ship being broken, I spoke with the manager of the tours at the marina and he took my confirmation number and said my visa would be credited for the tour which was a total of $312 US (for 4 adults) I waited approximately one month.
I then called the 1-888-247-8081 number twice with no results. The first time I called they said someone would return my call. I waited a week for them to call me and they didn't. I called once more and the girl took my confirmation number, put me on hold for a few minutes then came back on saying my visa would be credited next week. That was nearly 1 month ago and still no refund.
Your help would be appreciated in this matter.
Thanks,
Charlene Pacholok

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tour cancellation

Post by webmaster » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Forwarding to the tour manager.

I'll request a reply from him on the subject and will post it here.

Greetings

Mogens

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Credit done

Post by webmaster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi there Charlene,

I've been informed by Leonel that you've been credited and your account should show the amount refunded in some few days. Please review and if it doesn't appear in 7 days, please contact me again through this thread.

Sorry you had issues with the refund, but I take the opportunity to inform these processes are not immediate as we depend on the prompt response of the different tour providers, if they delay in the paperwork we are also delayed.

Kind regards

Mogens

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

thanks

Post by teatrolimon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm

mogens

i know you have been very busy
tahnks for taking the time to adress this issue

bruce

calgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

A Great Big Thank You to both of you, "Bruce and Mogens"!!
I will be sure to check my Visa for the credit in a week.
You both have been great!

Thanks Big Bunches!
Charlene

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

!

Post by teatrolimon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:08 pm

take care cous!

calgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by calgal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I am happy to announce that the money for my cancelled tour has been refunded. Thank you very much Bruce and Mogens, you both are fabulous!!
It just amazes me that people who have busy lives like both of you would take the time to help me out in this matter. I have spent nearly 2 months trying to get my money back since the tour company cancelled our tour on November 19 with no results. Once you both stepped in, it took less than a week for this to be resolved. Thank you so very much!! I love Puerto Vallarta! You guys are the best!!!

Warmest Regards,
Charlene

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Glad to hear things have been resolved.

Kind regards

Mogens