Problems Booking Car Rentals with Puerto Vallarta. Net?

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

waarce
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Problems Booking Car Rentals with Puerto Vallarta. Net?

Post by waarce » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 pm

:? Several days ago I utilized this website to reserve a car in Puerto Vallarta for what appeared to be a good deal. I provided my credit card number and waited and waited for confirmation, but was never received. I called at least three times. The first time I was told that the request was received and, sometime later day I will receive my confirmation regarding the car rental, did not. I called a second time a couple of days later and the lady that answered the phone (allegedly) checked with the person in charge of making the necessary arrangements to see if I could speak to him/her, but he/she was busy with another client and that I would receive a telephone call at the telephone number provided with my reservation, this did not happen. Then I called again the following day, despite the fact that the website said they were open, no one answered the telephone and had to leave a message. Needless to say, my message was to just forget about it. I have two children with special needs, a mini van for me is a must in order to travel around PV and nearby towns, my trip is less than a week away and not receiving a response one way or the other, could mean a disaster for me since I have to travel with my children's two caregivers, my wife and other child. Traveling by taxi is not an option since I have to travel with special equipment and lots of suitcases and most Taxis too small to begin with. I am concerned, that since I have given them my credit card information, my credit availability to rent from someone else may have been compromised. I don't even know which car rental company they are dealing with, but I think is MrCars has anyone else had an experience similar to mine?

waarce
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by waarce » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Finally was able to get a car, but not from PV.Net. I went through prestige who rented me a Ford Club Passenger van for 1200 pesos per day tax and insurance included. Which is good considering the alternatives. Any experiences with Prestige?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Is this the company formally known as 'Rent a Wreck'?

:lol: :lol:

waarce
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by waarce » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 pm

ronald wrote:Is this the company formally known as 'Rent a Wreck'?

:lol: :lol:
No, they are not the rent a wreck folks.

Merry X-Mas!

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:04 am

But you said they rented you a Ford!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reply from Car Rental providers

Post by webmaster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi, this is the reply from the car rental company we use on PuertoVallarta.net:
Dear Guillermo:

We apologize for the inconvenience we had with your reservation last month. We received it and we answered you within 24 hours. We assume, probably because of your mail server security system, that our mail got back into our web system due to a delivery failure , then we re-sent it three or four days later to your mail and it got back to us the same way than the first one.
Then we tried to reach you by phone, twice and you didn't answer.

So, because of this, we thought you had already found another company for rent.

We feel very sorry about this situation, but we look forward some other time, to serve you as you deserve and bring you our best promotions and personal service.

Sincerely,

*Georges Lions Sellerier*
*Amigo Rent a Car*
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
** Office phone number: 011 52 (322) 145 8154 Id Nextel 72*145517*2
Kind regards

Mogens

afridman
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Payless rental car - bad customer service.

Post by afridman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:36 am

Booked on internet a week of economy car - on renting was told that the total would also include $10/day tax, however was charged $10/day tax twice on returning the car and despite showing the contract filled by Carlos - the reply was that he does not work here anymore (this is a week later) and hence whatever I signed was invalid. The cars also are old, dirty inside and the service is slower than I'd liked. I would not ever rent from them again.

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

rental company seems sincere

Post by islena » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:17 am

Even tho the customer ended up using a
different rental company, I was rather impressed with
the humble apology provided by Georges Lions Sellerier.

If I wanted to drive in PV, I'd give that company a try.

hasta pronto,

Islena

KatyJhonson99
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

pretty annoying

Post by KatyJhonson99 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:02 pm

that was pretty annoying;
hey; why you have not checked for references before contacting the car vendor; :shock: :shock:
why you have not researched ??? a lot more choices are there???
car rental business is hot now a days!!
you should have a loud in tone so the vendor must hear your voice!!!
never mind;; there are several consumer courts are there; you better launch your complain there; :evil:

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Why are you responding to a post that is a year old, Katy? Chuck... 8)