New Bank Fee at ATM?

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

choochiegirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
New Bank Fee at ATM?

Post by choochiegirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 pm

I have heard from a friend that there are new bank fees charged when you use the ATM to withdraw pesos from your account. Is this true?

I have read the other threads about the ATM fraud with cards, so will keep an eye out, usually use Banamex ATM's or one of the ones at Walmart.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:49 pm

I have Wells Fargo Bank here, and when I used my ATM card at Banamex or Bancomer in PV, it was not apparent to me that there were any significant charges. When I got home and calculated the exchange rate, it was 12.75 pesos per USD (last summer). My bank statement did not indicate any charges.

Ask at your local bank and they should be able to tell you.

Sally

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

ATMS

Post by 2ndchance » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:36 am

What is happening ? Previously there were posts of people complaining of getting robbed on their accounts when having used the ATMS. Is it still happening ? Am i taking a chance if i use the ATMS ? I really don't want to take a lot of cash as i will look weird wearing 5 money belts . :lol: :lol: :lol:

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 am

2ndchance,
There haven't been alot of reports/complaints/comments lately on any of the major PV sites but that doesn't mean it won't happen again tomorrow. I guess it just depends on when the thieves run short on cash or material things. I think you probably have a greater chance of getting run over by a bus or a taxi. :D

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by 2ndchance » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:33 am

Thanks Kat,
I guess i will wait and see how things are going by the time we go in June.You know i try to check out things as much as possible and will try hard to avoid losing any of my money, especially by theft. Sooo,i will really think this one over. :lol: :lol: