Grand Miramar Club and Spa WARNING...

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Grand Miramar Help wanted

Post by jr » Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 am

We also bought into GM in May 2010 and the guarantee period for our timeshare sale has expired. GM does not reply to our calls or emails. Any suggestions are appreciated. Rasputin mentioned about the local Mexican Tourism office. Was that in the US or Mexico. If anyone has waiting this long, do you have any ideas to help. Thanks, JR

Rasputin
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Rasputin » Tue May 17, 2011 1:21 pm

If you still need help: call the Chicago Mexico Tourism board, (312) 228-0517. Speak with Santiago Gomez or Rodrigo Esponda, the Director. Both are very polite and very professional and wish to protect the good name of Mexico. God Bless.

sheepshanks
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

help for timeshare victims

Post by sheepshanks » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:36 am

Personnel in the Mexican Tourist Office are located both in the U.S. and Mexico. They are in the same office as Profeco in Puerto Vallarta and put pressure on Profeco to resolve your fraudulent purchase and also speak with Miramar to persuade Miramar to resolve your dispute. They do not have legal power to force a resolution. Profeco has the legal power.

See the website for the Mexican Tourist Office www.visitmexico.com and send your documents to the director for the area in which you live. Also send your documents to the office below.

"Jose Ludwig Estrada Virgen" ludwig.estrada@jalisco.gob.mx, director of Mexican Tourist Office in Puerto Vallarta

English speaking personnel in the Mexican Tourist Office in Puerto Vallarta who will communicate with you:
"Alvaro Alfonso Campos Langarica" alcampos27@yahoo.com.mx
"Ezequiel Villaseñor" <peviez@hotmail.com>

Curt
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Ripped off by Grand Miramar

Post by Curt » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:38 pm

:evil: We bought (suckers) from Grand Miramar. We went to the presentation and the deal was too good to be true but seemed possible. We were told that it was partial ownership but were bait and switched. What the contract actually sells is a membership in a travel agency. Then they tell you that they will guarantee the sale of the time share you own now. However, the contracts that they give you are from two different companies. You will be buying from one company (World Luxury Destinations or some such) and the contract that sells your existing time share is another company (Continental Resources or some such). I could swear the contract I read said I was buying what the salesman was selling (Partial Ownership) but when his wife brought the contract by our hotel the next day I think she switched the contract for another that only included the travel agency and not the partial ownership of Grand Miramar. This is a good trick. He said he did not have the signed copy so she had to bring over a new copy.

They said they would buy our current timeshare at the Grand Mayan and that if they did not buy it before the end of sixty days we would be able to get our money back. We even have an addendum to that effect. However, the addendum is on Continental Resources letterhead. Continental says they are going to purchase our properties but never does anything about it. They keep saying that they need a release letter form World Luxury Dest. and that they can not do anything until they receive that letter. So I call Alberto at WLD and he says he has sent the letter. I just feel completely ripped off. I have spent hours on the phone to no avail.

Anyway, I have been trying to get them to honor the contract as it is and can get absolutely no resolution.

John Shaft
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Grand Miramar Club and Spa WARNING...

Post by John Shaft » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 am

CAROLSTEPH wrote:On 12/21/09, we left a deposit of more than $12000.00 on credit cards towards a contract to purchase, and 2 days later, we canceled it and have in writing the acceptance of that cancellation along with the promise of a refund within 15 days...so far, nothing: one of their people actually told me that the accounting department said they did not have the money to refund, and that we'd just have to wait and complain to the bank (issuer of the cards)...AVOID these people...carol and steve
Timeshares, while they appear attractive, realize a few basic aspects of the business. $12,000USD is a sizeable investment. Everybody in this food chain from a 12 grand payment is going to be rushing to get their piece of the pie, from the guy/girl on the street to the pitch man you sit down to the owners....... and you feel good and sitting in front of the Navy Seals of salesmen at the table.
Many banks will immediately refund your money and investigate the matter. Summit your evidence to your bank and keep copies of everything.
You may call my company Le Concierge at 1888-298-9998 select option one, I can advise you on how to proceed and how to avoid this in the future. You will speak to me directly. You may only call from the 50 United States.
The players with the timeshare are hungry as mountain lions and have gone to their paymaster and collected their money and spent it. That's why they are saying they do not have it. Do not hesitate to call me.
There are a few things they do not tell you at the closing. Number one the salesman will tell you, you will get a title at this closing. Juan Pablo with Stewart Title Company in Mexico City has told me that there is a 15 year backup in issusing titles for TIME SHARES in Puerto Vallarta.

John78
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

ughhhh

Post by John78 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 am

My parents bought a timeshare with Grand Miramar through World Travel Destinations, and it looks like they aren't getting any money back from the supposed sale of some extra weeks they received. I will contact Profeco, but they bought it way after 5 days. Any other suggestions?

John78
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by John78 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 pm

One other thing, has anyone stayed at any of the places Grand Miramar promises?

The company they bought from was Continental Resources which referred them to Eagle Marketing solutions. All of them are scammers.

The 1-800 number profeco has doesnt work, I will have to contact their mexican phone number.

Kathiem
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Modern Pirates in Puerto Vallarta - Jerry Forney & WLD

Post by Kathiem » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 am

Sorry to say that my husband and I were taken for $35K in a presentation at Mango's in November. I even did a web search on the Grand Venetian in advance...I just didn't use the right search terms Grand Venetian Scams! People are being hooked on this every day. Same thing two separate contracts that contradict each other. We figured it out when we returned to the US. I was trying to use the free airfare and week they included in the package. We called the credit card company immediately and reported fraud to Citicard. I sent certified letters to Continental Resources in Houston (It was returned) and World Luxury Destinations (never heard back). We are still fighting with Citicard over this. The story is the same buy our timeshares, proceeds pay for the World Luxury Destinations, all refundable, buy back in five years, blah blah. They count on you not trying to use the membership until it's too late to cancel the contract! I'm trying to raise awareness in the local press and also get someone at Profeco to help us. I haven't wanted to try and contact World Luxury Destinations again until I talk to someone who knows how best to proceed.

Kathiem
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Our scam was with the Grand Venetian and WLD

Post by Kathiem » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:05 am

The Grand Venetian was the resport we were shown by Jerry Forney. The contracts were with Continential Resources and World Luxury Destinations. John Monte signed both, he is apparently well known in PV as Johnny Montalbo. The Dept of Tourism said they and the Profeco know of this scam and had me fill out a report when we were back in January but I haven't heard from the Profeco.