Grand Miramar Club and Spa WARNING...

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CAROLSTEPH
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Grand Miramar Club and Spa WARNING...

Post by CAROLSTEPH » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:02 pm

On 12/21/09, we left a deposit of more than $12000.00 on credit cards towards a contract to purchase, and 2 days later, we canceled it and have in writing the acceptance of that cancellation along with the promise of a refund within 15 days...so far, nothing: one of their people actually told me that the accounting department said they did not have the money to refund, and that we'd just have to wait and complain to the bank (issuer of the cards)...AVOID these people...carol and steve

PVTraveler
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Suckered by Grand Miramar sales

Post by PVTraveler » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:25 am

The first part of December we agreed to exchange our timeshare for Grand Miramar. After returning home, I tried to contact our sales person; no reply. I tried to use every contact number, etc. we were given; no way to contact. Finally a person in Loredo, TX replied and was agreeing to "buy out our contract." Before that, however, I had contacted our credit card company because I suspected fraud. They are checking it out. Now I am getting no response from any of the contacts. This is a scam! Hopefully, my credit card company will be able to work with me on this. Puerto Vallarta is such a great place. Places like this bring disrespect to many people who work hard to keep people like this out! C. Doyle

Allinthecards
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Grand Miramar

Post by Allinthecards » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 am

I work for Miramar, and Carol your statement doesn't make any sense. At least any logical sense. Since I think that in every place visa is accepted it takes a minimum of 3 business days to even register. And no company will refund money they haven't yet received. It is a financially stable company, although new, we have a few kinks to work out, but it is a real company and not a fraud. Our exchange company is Interval International, and there are package deals on expedia for our company, those could not exist in a fraudulent company. And why would you just accept a signature of cancelations? Why didn't you call your credit card company and cancel with them using the signed letter of cancelation? What compelled you to purchase, and what compelled you to cancel? Managers, and the salesman, the manager and salesman get paid only on sales, so what makes you think that they would help you do anything? You canceled, if the salesman helps you, he is wasting his time, so what would the point be? The main reason your complaint doesn't make sense, is that credit card are supposed to freeze any charge once you file a complaint until it is settled. LaLena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

A non-buyers view

Post by katnsocal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 am

What compelled you to purchase, and what compelled you to cancel? Managers, and the salesman, the manager and salesman get paid only on sales, so what makes you think that they would help you do anything? You canceled, if the salesman helps you, he is wasting his time, so what would the point be? The main reason your complaint doesn't make sense, is that credit card are supposed to freeze any charge once you file a complaint until it is settled.
LaLena,
The way I read Carol's complaint she HAS turned the problem over to her credit card company and they are working on a resolution. If I understand her complaint right, they are getting no cooperation from your company in resolving the matter even though they have a signed cancellation of their contract within the 3-day cancellation timeframe and the matter is now almost 3 months old. At least that is the way I am reading it.

Your statement about the salesman helping her and wasting his time so what would the point be sounds like really lousy public relations/customer service to me. The point would be had the matter been handled as it should have been then this complaint and the bad PR it is bringing to your company would most likely not exist. All it does is reinforce the complaint that you guys apparently do not want to be bothered in working with a customer unless it puts money in your pocket.

Just because a resort lists excess inventory with Expedia to put bodies in the rooms and cash in the register does not affect the "owners" at all. The contracts for sales to "owners" are totally separate from rental units through an outside vendor.

Apparently Interval Intl. has not updated their website to include your property. It is not listed in the most current yearly exchange book sent out to its members. The directory usually lists properties that are still under construction and expected to open within the year after the publication was printed and you guys are not listed. It would be hard to accomodate vacation exchanges for the Interval members if you are not included in their inventory of resorts.

The description and photos of the resort on Expedia, it looks very nice and would certainly appeal to potential guests. The bad PR can't be doing anything to help your sales and with the current economy that can't be a good thing. Perhaps Public Relations/Customer Service is something you guys might want to discuss at your next staff meeting. Maybe you should change or reinforce the chain-of-command so that a salesperson doesn't lose his chance at another sale while he is working on a cancellation/PR issue. He should have someone he could turn it over to that would not be taking food off their table/money out of their pocket to attend to the issue.

I think Carol's statement makes perfect sense. They bought, they changed their minds, they cancelled within the designated time frame, and you, as a spokesperson for your company, are saying what makes you think someone would want to help you? I would tell people to stay away from your property too. JMHO

Allinthecards
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Allinthecards » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:07 pm

And with $12,000 you would say just to depend on the company? I think that any large purchase is also the responsibility of the card holder to notify the credit card company of the disputed charge, to not do so is foolish. I, however, am not a sales person. And I often fix problems that cost me time and make me no money. It has nothing to do with their losing a shot at another sale, but realistically that is the attitude at every company I have worked, including Mitsubishi and Honda. Because most sales people are not compassionate enough to help. I do know that when I switched from Mayan palace to Villa del Palmar the money that Villa paid took a month to be in the system and another month to make it to my pay company at mayan. While I work for Grand Miramar, I work for a different Grand Miramar, which sounds stupid I know. But there are now two sales rooms, an upstairs one (which has been open for many months, where Carol purchased) and now a downstairs one. The sales manger I deal with is the new one. He didn't like the business tactics of the upstairs salesroom. And no, we are not in this years Interval International book, we didn't have our RFC number in time to be in it. It is our Mexican tax id number. Businesses here can operate while it is in process, we do have it now. And should be on their web site by the end of the month. The owners that purchased before we got it and have II in their contract should now be receiving their material with in 30 days, which is the approximate time to be in the II system. And if Carol gives me the purchase date and the last name I can have my boss find something out for her. Even though I am not in sales, I don't need my marketing job anymore difficult than it is. LaLena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm

There you go Carol and Steve, an offer to help settle the matter for you. Maybe this whole mess can be straightened out for you now. Do follow up and let us know how things work out for you.

timesharesux
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Exchanging timeshares for Grand Mira Mar

Post by timesharesux » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:58 pm

What was the name of the company that is being used to help you get the money for your timeshare?
And what is the current status? Have you heard anything yet?
My parents did the same over 6 months ago and it only took 65-70 days to get thiers done.
Which timeshare are you trying to sell?

patlynne
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

grand miramar

Post by patlynne » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Did you ever get things back from the contract in Dec. I think we are now in the same boat. We signed left funds, and within 3 days went back, and they are finding ways not to retun our funds. Just interestred to see if you did get yours back and how much they charged for getting it back???

Allinthecards
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Returned funds

Post by Allinthecards » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:41 am

We can only figure she must have gotten them back, because I offered to help, but have not heard one peep from her. Do keep in mind that it is Mexico and not because of anything in particular, but things tend to move slowwwwer here. Most Americans and Canadians do not realize how much slower? Patience was my hardest thing to learn (here you need a lot, and I am still working on it). I will give you a great exams; I paid
money to my mother by way of her American express card to avoid the bank fees. They said it will take about 15days to register, but would be credited the day I paid, she didn't believe I paid, becauseit took nearly 6weeks to be credited. It did say the day I paid it when it was finally credited though. And that is American express. But it would seem that she did have the decency to also say when she did recieve the money, but just took the time to say bad things. Typical of most North Americans - no matter which country! Complain complain rarely anything nice. So also please take a moment to post when you do get it credited.

CAROLSTEPH
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by CAROLSTEPH » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:59 am

hi to all who have expressed their thoughts here re the problem we've experienced with GRAND MIRAMAR: and sorry that I've not read your comments until now: thus far, this has not been resolved in spite of the conversations we've had with MARTIN PETERSON (a manger)and a secretary for RENE RODRIQUEZ, (General Manager)both of whom have told us that they'd get back to us "manana"...our credit card people at CHASE are still investigating and have put the matter in dispute...for those of you who have our telephone njumber and/or email address, feel free to contact us for more details...

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 am

Typical of most North Americans - no matter which country! Complain complain rarely anything nice.
Allinthecards, let's hear it for good PR/customer service, NOT!

Sounds like they still have nothing favorable to post. It would have looked like you were indeed trying to help if you had left off the above quote. They have now posted the names of the people they are trying to deal with, maybe you could get it done for them and then they won't have to complain anymore.

You gave an example of it taking 6 weeks to get the money to credit to your mom through American Express, you even stated your mom didn't believe you had paid it. This couple has been waiting double the time you waited for American Express and you wonder why they think nothing is being done?

Your comments along with their experience will most likely not give them "anything nice" to say. I would venture a guess that the majority of your clients are "North Americans" not smart to slam the population that purchases your property. As far as good PR goes, you just cut off your own foot.

Edited to say: I own membership property in PV and I have been very happy with it over the years. I hate to see someone get messed over with some company not honoring a contract that was entered into in good faith and then cancelled within the legal timeframe. This couple appears to have done everything by the book and all they have gotten is one huge headache.

Allinthecards
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Allinthecards » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:55 am

Well, I offered awhile ago to try to help or at least ask my boss to look into it. It would seem they didn't want any help. And if she was on here to try to get help why was she not reading it? Yes Martin is a manager in the upstairs sales room, I do not know Rene, as I stated before I work for the downstairs sales room. Different managers.

Allinthecards
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Allinthecards » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 am

The way I see it is I offered and they are not my clients, that is pretty nice I think, it is a gesture that doesn't cost anything and might help them. I cannot help them though because they have never sent me any info. So I don't know what to tell you, and yes most of the clients are north american, not meaning to slam anyone, I am north american. But facts are most complain more than not. Which is ok. Freedom of speech has been taken away, yet.

mpasse
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Grand Miramar

Post by mpasse » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 pm

I hope this isn't really a scam, but we too have had issue with the rental company contracted to rent our share, we expected rental monies by now, and when we called we were told you didn't sign the "release of inventory" form, well then why oh why were we told we were all set at closing for this. The other thing they didn't provide without several calls and faxes (which seem to go into a black hole BTW) was the CLABE so we could setup the wire transfers for payments ourselves, the info they provide is the old (pre-2004) wire transfer info, starting in 2004 there was a change in US/MEX banking transfers where you require an 18 digit number that is unique to the account holder known as a CLABE. It took several calls to get this info to send first payment. This is important as the contract states that any late payments can result in DEFAULT, which means you lose your share, and don't get your money back. The person answering the forwarded 877 number for the rental agent (Luxury Vallarta Rentals) seems to always be somewhere where there are lots of other people making a lot of noise. I have called twice in 2 weeks looking for rental money or at least the "release of inventory" form they claim we didn't sign, and still haven't seen that form faxed, or emailed to me.

Allinthecards
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Allinthecards » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:03 pm

I don't know what to tell you, I am not working there anymore. There are toooooo MANY complaints for a new company, and it makes me uncomfortable to represent a company that apparently doesn't care about their reputation, or to help their clients. I hope for all of you that it works out good. If I can be of any assistance email me your phone number and we can speak personally.

mpasse
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Follow-up

Post by mpasse » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 pm

After much persistence and calling to Luxury Vallarta Rentals I got the form, but faxing it to them wasn't good enough I needed to mail them a copy signed by both of us on the contract. I sent it certified mail. At this point I was supposed to get 2009,2010, and 2011, rental monies already according to when we signed. Why would you have people sign a rental contract, pay for your services and then require another form that you didn't present to release inventory of your unit. Then upon reading when they find someone to rent I have to make the reservations for the renter. If I've signed something saying I agreed to rent this why wouldn't the rental company have the ability to make that reservation directly? What the point of having a rental company if the client has to do the work?

jenner
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Grand Miramar another victim

Post by jenner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello all,

Well I waited until the inventory manager emailed to inform me we could not get a refund on our deposit of over $12,000 before writing. WE signed on March 18th faxed in our cancellation on March 21st. confirmed fax. WE couriered our signatures from Canada on Monday March 22, with a confirmed receipt.
Grand Miramar is informing us we cannot cancel as we had signed a satisfactory letter. I guess I need to hire a lawyer now, another expense on top of all the phone calls to Mexico, courier, the stress of realizing we had been lied to.
They promised to sell three of our timeshares for $32,000. give us $8000 in rental income for 2010 and another five years. Which meant we would be making money. Now after reading this forum and talking to a few people I realize we were very gullible. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I have already contacted Profeco by email. And they have responded to my email asking me to work it out with Grand Miramar before they will get involved. Please ideas please!!

mpasse
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

RE: Another Victim

Post by mpasse » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Jenner: did you sign the release of inventory form for the rental company? To me it seems that the timeshare itself is legit, however I don't understand how they can't refund your deposit if you gave notice within the given number of days. They actually gave us 30 days, and we eclipsed that, I don't actually want to forfeit the property, I just want the rental company to make good on renting the place so that we are making the money they promised. I have had some success with a LOT of persistence in calling both Miramar and Vallarta Luxury Rentals...and they do take my calls and eventually answer questions. What I don't have yet is my rental money that I should have had in 30-60 days. I am very interested in where other folks that signed on for this end up.

jenner
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jenner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:54 pm

We really just want out of this situation. My understanding is if you cancel within 5 days they have to give back you money. I thought it was the law in Mexico. We do not want to deal with Grand Miramar from what I have heard from other purchasers is they did not sell their timeshare as promised and they have not received their rent as promised, we realize now we will have to come up with ANOTHER $32,000 as most likely the selling of our timeshares will not happen. thanks for replying so quickly.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:02 pm

The rental part is a common "selling tactic" of timeshares. They do that so you can justify to yourself spending the money even if you aren't going to be able to use it every year or if you really can't afford it. If you think about it, they tell you you will make XXX amount of dollars when you put it in their rental pool/company/whatever to rent it out. The only way they are going to pay you that money is if they actually are able to rent it to someone for that specific timeframe. They cannot guarantee you that will happen so to guarantee you a certain amount of money off of rentals is impossible to do.

The past two years are a prime example, the economy, drug wars and the infamous swine flu have all but ruined the town for last season and this season. Hotels are running deals that are unbelievable to just get bodies in the rooms (some money is better than an empty room). Those deals are not for rental units that someone already owns when they have unsold inventory sitting vacant. They already got money from you in the form of deposits/monthly payments so they will try to make money off of all those units they have no money coming in from.

Buying a Timeshare is not intended to generate income for YOU, it generates income for the timeshare. It never was intended to be a money making venture for the buyer.

I don't think you should wait any longer if Profeco was willing to work with you, tell them you have hit an impasse with the company and see if they will be able to do anything about it. I have a gut feeling that in the case of the letter sent by courier, they are going to say it didn't arrive in time (one day late) and that the fax was never received. Even though you have verification it went through I have sent faxed reports so many times that have been verified and "supposedly" never received on the other end.

I wish you guys luck but having "Allinthecards" say she has already quit the company because of their business practices does not sound too promising.