Stay Away!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Mimi
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Stay Away!

Post by Mimi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Spent a week at Howard Johnson's. Formerly Costa Vida... Everyone please stay away.

There was some kind of illness at this hotel. Many guests were sick. Three out of four of us were down for two days. Seems it has been of epidemic proportion there since Jan.
The Health Dept. needs to close that hotel and hose it down with clorox, BIG TIME.
Staff was unpleasant, food was bad, drink were VERY expensive.
Very disappointing accomodations. Worse place Ive ever stayed in over 20 yrs of going to Vallarta. :(

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

We have friends from New Jersey who are staying there right now. They have not reported any problems at all. Harv had a headache but Merna was totally healthy for their whole 3 weeks.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:54 pm

There seems to be a person or two hell bent on slamming this place- We spent two weeks there (several years in a row) and had no issues.

We have spoke with several people that have been there the past few months during these supposed outbreaks, and no mention or idea of what we were talking about.

There was mention of some bug going around, but they (those that were sick) had ate some food on the Malecon and had become violently ill almost immediately.

Trip Advisor has now posted something from management saying almost the exact same things our friends told us. They were there for 3 weeks.

Please consider what you write and the implications of such language before posting such damaging info.

my 3 cents

kellyj994
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by kellyj994 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 am

glacierroasters wrote:There seems to be a person or two hell bent on slamming this place- We spent two weeks there (several years in a row) and had no issues.

We have spoke with several people that have been there the past few months during these supposed outbreaks, and no mention or idea of what we were talking about.

There was mention of some bug going around, but they (those that were sick) had ate some food on the Malecon and had become violently ill almost immediately.

Trip Advisor has now posted something from management saying almost the exact same things our friends told us. They were there for 3 weeks.

Please consider what you write and the implications of such language before posting such damaging info.

my 3 cents
Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:51 pm

kcowan wrote:We have friends from New Jersey who are staying there right now. They have not reported any problems at all. Harv had a headache but Merna was totally healthy for their whole 3 weeks.
There's a seasonal flu plague that's spreading around work which involves severe headaches, earaches, sinuses, etc. It could be a case where tourists brought the illness onsite, and it's spreading to others.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suspicious

Post by webmaster » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Though the post is from March 2010, just as a reference, when the original poster never comes back to defend their posture, you can be sure the information is not reliable.

Greetings

Mogens

edandkaren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

We Got Really Sick Too

Post by edandkaren » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:07 am

All 3 of my family got really, really sick while we were there. We didn't eat any other place except for at the resort for the first week. And we were all sick starting on day 3. So I totally believe these people who were here and got sick. I spent hours in the ER and medi center when I got home. Not nice...

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:05 pm

All 3 of my family got really, really sick while we were there. We didn't eat any other place except for at the resort for the first week. And we were all sick starting on day 3. So I totally believe these people who were here and got sick. I spent hours in the ER and medi center when I got home. Not nice...
The orignal post is a year old, so not really reliable information for current conditions.

ryanwhiskey
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by ryanwhiskey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 pm

I stayed there last April and although I found it a little to far out for my liking, a bit dated and a few other issues, the staff was generally polite and neither of us got sick except a hangover I had the last morning....and that was not the hotels fault.

RJBakken
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by RJBakken » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Also stay away from using Casa Noble for a rental firm. They are located in Plaza Marina shopping center. I just had a bad experience and they are hard to deal with.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:00 pm

I take little heed to people who post in several places for the first time to stay away from a place because they had a bad experience and never explain what the experience was. Some people are more demanding than others so what is not acceptable to one person is not a problem for another.

RJBakken
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by RJBakken » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:48 pm

With a attitude like that no wonder the world is a bad place. I hate to speak ill of people that is why I prefer people to contact me dirstly for the info on the issues I have had with places. So if your lazy and in-ept to use your head with some class and dignity keep thinking the way you do-if you'd like to be intelligent you'd inquire if you were interested in the issues. I am to classy to just discuss issues I have had with someone to the world but feel free to contact me to discuss the problems.

RJBakken
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by RJBakken » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh now I see you from California-now that explains everything!

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:49 pm

rj: Kat has a valid point: You publiclly posted a negative piece of information with no details, and no invitation to PM you for details. Because of this, your post his without any sort of validation. Then you come back and personaly insult another board member for her questioning your post? Not questioning you, but just your post? You are way off base, rj, and you really should appologise. Chuck...

RJBakken
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by RJBakken » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Well I am not going to apologize as I disagree and see it differently. The beauty of this world is people see things differently. If you wish to know my issues please reply and ask me and we can email the discussion back in forth. I have had issue, but I refuse to tell the world in detail. I think that would make anyone an even more bad person. I'm sorry I don't fit your mold. I am my own mold. I think it is wrong of people to disclose all the issues so bluntly on these boards. If you are interested I can discuss the issues I have. a true kind heart person would surely understand and respect the way that I handled this situation by allowing other to know that I have had some issues, however I refuse to tell the whole world. I just don't agree with that. That is all I was telling the other poster. He is so quick to critize but yet he can't see it any other way but his way. I personally think it is best to follow up with people about the issues if I want but to just post on the board all the details is rude in itself. i was a businesman and think my way in more respectful to the company I am having issues with.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm

RJ if you want to keep such negotiations secret, you should stay off these boards.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 pm

RJ; You really need to learn some internet people skills. Chuck... 8)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:19 pm

The initial post of mr/mrs/or ms bacons was halfway usable and kat's response in my opinion was proper. The response back implying something about people from California is a perfect example of a flamer who should not be on this board or any other for that matter.

I have to admit that I suspect any complaint that knocks another business where the poster is registered as living in PV without sufficient backup as an attempt to smear competition or promote someone else.... especially when your profile lists you as a 'landlord - trader'. That is what I see in these posts and would not consider them of value if I was seeking imput.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:54 am

Bakken,
No one asked you to spill your guts about your problems. A simple "I had problems with cleanliness, condiiton, deposit, etc. would suffice without telling everyone all of your personal problems. I can pretty much guarantee you if a person read such a post and was going to use that facility they would send you a private message asking what the problem was you had with ...... Blanket statements of stay away does nothing but make people wonder what the problem was, but they won't bother to send a message to ask.

With an attitude like yours I can see why you have problems.