Timshare saleswoman Marianna at Mariscos Tino´s on Malecon

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 pm

I have to admit that I can not understand how a simple !Go away! would not have ended it right there. I then would have gone about enjoying the food there. In all the years and all the T/S people I have seen around, none tied me to a chair or dragged me in to a Kiosk and forced me to listen. I will add, I never had to get ugly with a one of them, just said no, please go away or let me by.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Thank you, Harry

Post by oneistwo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:20 am

Harry: sorry to hear you had the same experience we had. But at least you confirmed that this person actually exists. And that we're not the only ones who can consider that such an approach, while you're sitting at a meal, can be a bad experience.

We have come to expect the gauntlet at the airport, and the people leaning out of the kiosks, and we know how to avoid or ignore them. The only other time this happened was about 7 years ago, during the "Have you heard of Mayan Palace?" plague, in a restaurant whose name I can't remember but it's long gone anyway.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 am

Oneistwo,
No one ever said the person didn't exist. I am 99% sure I can tell you exactly what happened. Last year when tourism tanked because of all the hype of the H1NI, drug cartels, and general lousy economy, that was the exact time that they opened the new location. I think I said before, Tino's son has been managing the Pitillal location for several years and thus he moved over to manage the new location. I can guarantee you someone approached him about putting a TS salesperson in the restaurant and restaurants are paid big bucks to have the TS people in there. I am sure he saw it as a way to bring additional funds into the location. I also believe I stated before, Tino did not know that the TS person was in that restaurant. He found out when he was told after this post came to light. How much leaway he gives his son to manage the place, I don't know, and how long it will take to see the ripple effect of people not returning is also hard to say. Given the location, they are always going to get the first time/only time visitors dining there. It will be those long standing customers that they will lose because they won't return if it continues.

It won't keep me away because when I get approached by her I will call Tino's son over and I will let him know exactly what this is doing to his business.

I guess I have a slight advantage by knowing the family in that I can get the message to them. Whether or not it does any good, only time will tell, but if that extra money means paying the rent in hard times, she might just stay around until the economy gets back on its feet again.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Thanks Kat

Post by oneistwo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 am

By far the best response on this issue. And thank you for using your knowing the family to advocate for other diners.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Me thinks somebody doesn't want this thread to die even though they are