Timshare saleswoman Marianna at Mariscos Tino´s on Malecon

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah

Post by webmaster » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Was what I was about to say, but then again I've never been much on other fora, barely can get on this one from time to time ;-) so maybe I just don't know HOW childish things can get online on the Vallarta Fora....

BTW, I can't stand TS BS, but I just smile, exchange a few kind words and thank you and good bye and on to other matters.

Greetings

Mogens
katnsocal wrote:Chuck,
We Do? :lol:

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:22 pm

I have that cookbook, bought it in 1987, with a nice autogragraph from Bea, when we visited her Casa Bebe. Great recipes.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:47 pm

mikeypv
Very nice.... :)

thisisthis
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by thisisthis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 am

not sure what's going on with alot of you, but it seems that some of you might have some "issues."

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 am

and... in your opinion, what are those issues? Is not agreeing with you an issue? Is not seeming to have the same problems an issue? There is certainly no issue in you having the right to feel as you do. WHAT ISSUES?

thisisthis
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by thisisthis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 am

umm, was a bit hesitant about posting anything at all in reply to the queston about "issues, what issues???" i think if any of you re=read this entire thread you will see the "issues" between/ among posters. i don't care about that and don't want to go there. but that's what i mean about issues amongst yourselves.

thisisthis
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by thisisthis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 am

umm, was a bit hesitant about posting anything at all in reply to the queston about "issues, what issues???" i think if any of you re=read this entire thread you will see the "issues" between/ among posters. i don't care about that and don't want to go there. but that's what i mean about issues amongst yourselves.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 am

As one of the Marx brothers (not Karl) used to say...
' You can say that again".

I guess you did.

On the good side of this... at least they're keeping the board somewhat active... It's not had much action lately... must be the recession, depression, swine flu, Skyservice bankruptcy, drug wars, price of tea in China, earthquakes, and the odd time share sale gone a muck. Oh hell! no wonder they are owly.. they all need a trip to PV and a few shared tequilas to make them all feel less stressed :lol:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 pm

thisisthis wrote:not sure what's going on with alot of you, but it seems that some of you might have some "issues."
Haha, ya think? And Ronald, YOU can say that again.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:51 am

Well if you insist, but I'm guessing that it would be a little annoying to some people.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 am

Ronald,
How can the board not be active with you posting here? :D

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm as full of myself as everybody else, so I just might be an active annoying issue! :lol:

markwinters
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by markwinters » Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 pm

puerto vallarta has been infected with time share scum for years, just look at the airport, they're set up just outside the exit of customs to ensure nobody gets away, along with the taxis that charge 4 times more than the taxis accross the street. Have you ever been anywhere in the world where the government allows tourists to be ripped off in the first 2 minutes in the country... only here. I have been all over the world and I have never been harast to get a taxi, most places have a booth with a big taxi sign, if you want a taxi you go to the booth, and our not attacted by 10 screaming taxi drivers, you'd think they would protect there tourism industry better

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Almost everywhere that I have been 'in the world' has the same issues with the taxis at their airports. They give exclusive rights to certain people or companies for travelers needing a taxi FROM the airport.. The cost is always higher.. You may not even realize it until you take a cab back to the airport and find it is a lot cheaper. In Canada.. Halifax is a perfect example.

At least in PV you have the option of doing a little jaunt and finding some cheaper options just down the street. Most other airports are out in the sticks somewhere, and you're pretty much screwed.. (unless they have shuttles, you rent a vehicle, or you're part of an AI with pickup.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed May 12, 2010 3:19 am

most places have a booth with a big taxi sign, if you want a taxi you go to the booth, and our not attacted by 10 screaming taxi drivers, you'd think they would protect there tourism industry better
Don't know what airport you have been going to but PV has 3 taxi booths plus the one at the parking lot exit. I have never been attacked by taxi drivers. If you choose to bypass the booth option and walk out the door you will have someone ask you or your porter (if you have one) if you want a taxi. Then you stop and pay at the booth exiting the parking lot and you get a receipt from the cashier. Just make sure if the taxi driver doesn't give you the receipt that you ask for it. In over 20 years of going to PV I have not had a problem, it's not hard unless you make it that way.

As far as the TS "scum"? at the customs exit, just say no and keep walking, what is so hard about that? They are total strangers to you, you have never met them so why would you stop and tell them what hotel you are staying, and let them offer you a taxi ride? Would you do that in Europe, Canada or the U.S.? Didn't think so...so why do it in PV? Would you let some guy help you with your suitcase or stand in front of you and block your way anywhere else in an airport? Didn't think so....so why in PV? If they ask me where I am going my standard answer as I keep on walking is "Not with you", but I smile when I say it. "We" might want to call them "scum" but they are Mexicans citizens doing a job to feed their families. They are trained to be pushy/aggressive by the companies they work for and if they don't produce a certain number of sales leads they get fired.

The complaints are always the same, they tricked me, took advantage of me, lied to me, etc. What makes no sense to me is they did those things because they were allowed to by adults who should have had a warning flag go up when they start it in the first place, and when they don't then they want to put the blame on someone else. Just a few days ago on TA a guy posted the same thing "Timeshare trap" but then he admitted by reading TA he was well aware of what they did and he decided he would get a free taxi, massages and free booze from them. So he booked a presentation, went down the next morning and met the taxi (sans his wife) and cancelled and was shocked that the taxi driver was irate and rude; ya think it was because he was sent to pick up a fare and then got nothing for his time and trouble, and he wasn't a TS person?

People use the excuse they are in a foreign country or in a strange airport and they were confused/overwhelmed....I travel to airports all the time, on business that I have never been to before, and I don't tell some stranger I have never met before what hotel I am staying at and let them get a taxi for me (how do you know for sure that taxi is going to take you where you really need to go?)

JMHO but a little common sense when you travel goes a long ways.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 am

Very good post. Have never had a problem in over 25 years of going to PV with either the T/S people or the cabs.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 am

Ok....this has some of the most confusing posts I've seen on here for awhile.....you guys totally lost me on this thread....lol....I think it was about a time share lady in a restaurant???

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 am

Chris,
It's all Mark's fault, LOL. Come on you can keep up!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 am

Not tonight I can't!! Came back from a weekend at my friends cabin...Apparently thought I should behave as if I was in PV!!! Just a tad tired...

One more thing....this year when I was in PV for two weeks I can't remember being bugged to buy a time share...oh wait...there was the guy set up by Cafe Tizoc and he kept leaning out of his booth talking to us and trying to give us hangover cures.....do believe he was shut down rather well by my friend and that was that.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Timshare saleswoman Marianna at Mariscos Tino´s on Malec

Post by harry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:05 pm

thisisthis wrote:always loved Tino´s in Pitillal, so we went to their newest location in el centro the other evening. we were approached by Marianna, who we believed, and who led us to believe, that she was a Tino´s employee. after chatting briefly, she left us, only to return again later in our meal and finally the timeshare solicitation for Grand Mayan, would pay us $200, . . . we said no, but she kept talking. we should have been more firm, but didn´t want to lose our temper in the restaurant. if you don´t want to spoil your entire evening, AVOID TINO´S AND THE TIMESHARE SALESWOMAN MARIANNA.
As of June 1, 2010 Marianna was still operating with total impunity at Tino's. She appears as the establishment greeter at the top of the stairs, takes good care of you, gains your trust, then starts the pitch as you are winding up dinner. We were a party of six, departed with bad feelings, and told the manager we would never come back as long as this stuff happens. Too many good places to frequent in PV where you are not bothered. Regards, Harry