Grand Miramar OPC's everywhere

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvjack
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Grand Miramar OPC's everywhere

Post by pvjack » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:15 pm

after I was almost robbed by this company I've noticed that they have "OPC's" everywhere in Margarita Grill, in Apaches bar, next to Rivera Cuale Condo sales and several more on Olas Altas why does the city allow this?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat May 01, 2010 6:35 am

Timeshares are not illegal in Puerto Vallarta, infact they are a huge part of the economy in the city. All of those places that have OPC's working there are getting big bucks from Grand Miramar for letting them be at their location. Not all of them are scams. I would think if enough people take Grand Miramar to the powers that be, with the scam they are running, something will happen to put a stop to it. People reading post after post about getting scammed in PV on this website do not help the tourism numbers which are down due to the economy NOTB, last year's H1N1 scare and the constant reporting that Mexico is unsafe due to the drug cartels. They sure don't need a crooked timeshare ripping everyone off as another reason to put a bad feeling toward Mexico out there to the people. The bad publicity should be enough to make them do something about it. Most people complain about high pressure sales, long drawn out presentations, etc. but you don't see that many complaints about getting into a contract they won't let you out of if you are within the legal time limit.

I am glad you were able to keep from being scammed but I can't help but wonder if you knew about them (unless you read this board after the fact, but still in time to stop it) what in the world made you go there? I would have been running as fast as I could the other direction. :)