TINOS HAS CHANGED

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan
TINOS HAS CHANGED

Post by 2ndchance » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:37 pm

My sister came to PV for the first time while we were vacationing and i decided to take her to Tinos since we had been there last year and we loved it.Well, we went last Wednesday at about 6:30 PM and we sat inside as there were 4 of us.We all had appetizers and they were good ,but then the flies started increasing.By the time our meal was served the flies were all over the place.I complained to the waiter and he said "It is only a few little flies". There were at least 10 just on top of the covered bread plate! We ate our dinner chasing away the flies.My sisters ordered the fish filet and i then asked what kind of fish it was and was told it was Talapia.Talapia! I buy that fresh water fish in the supermarket in the states all the time.I forgot to ask before it was served since everwhere i had been eating in PV it was Red Snapper,Dorado etc.To make things worse, i had barely eaten my last bite of my meal and the waiter ,i think his name was Omar,removed my plate and asked if i wanted the bill.I told him no and he stood next to our table till i finally had to wave him away.I finally had enough and asked for the bill and he just stood there while i was trying to count my money and by that time i was really upset,but i did not complain as this was supposed to be a treat for my sister and i did not want to upset her. In all my travels in Mexico i have never had a waiter to be so rude as to keep asking to pay my bill and hovering over us till we did.I am very patient and could even understand if the place was full and they needed the table ,but there were a lot of empty tables.TINOS prices are not cheap and they can afford to have AC,but yet they do not even have any fans to keep the place cool and the flies away.I have been to the smallest of restaurants and they at least have fans.Will never go back.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 pm

always loved Tino´s in Pitillal, so we went to their newest location in el centro the other evening. we were approached by Marianna, who we believed, and who led us to believe, that she was a Tino´s employee. after chatting briefly, she left us, only to return again later in our meal and finally the timeshare solicitation for Grand Mayan, would pay us $200, . . . we said no, but she kept talking. we should have been more firm, but didn´t want to lose our temper in the restaurant. if you don´t want to spoil your entire evening, AVOID TINO´S AND THE TIMESHARE SALESWOMAN MARIANNA.
So what did they do replace Marianna with pesky flies and rude waiters or is Marianna still a problem too? :) Geeze, it sounds like you guys just aren't having any luck at Tino's.

Just an FYI ...Talapia can flourish in both fresh or saltwater as long as the water is warm. I am pretty sure they did not import fresh water Talapia into the restaurant when it is right there in the bay. We have tons of Talapia in So. Cal and it is featured alot in the Mexican restaurants and the mexican markets.