Grand Miramar Resort

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Frannie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Grand Miramar Resort

Post by Frannie » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 am

We are also victims of the scam going on. We purchased on March 6, 2010. They promised to rent our weeks and sell two of our properties through Luxury Vallarta Rentals. Then we found out in June that the Miramar had gotten rid of Luxury Rentals because they too had scammed several owners. They are now using High End Rentals. I was told by Joseph Garcia from HER that it would take an extra 6 weeks to rent our weeks, and they had no intentions of honoring the guarantee we had in writting with Luxury Rentals for the sale price on our properties. When I called the Miramar with this info on June 10, Greg said he would get right back to me. That was the last time I heard from anyone.
We also don't seem to have any recourse for recouping our $16,000 with out a law suit. I did speak to an International Attorney in San Diego. He seemed to think he could help us. Anyone else game to take on the Grand Miramar? I have never been lied to by so many professionals in one spot in my entire life.
I have made this story short. Much more happened between March 6 and June 10. Mostly more lies.

ndrichie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Grand Miramar Scam

Post by ndrichie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Take a look at post titled Grand Miramar Club & Spa WARNING - I posted our experience on that blog, but I think you have a case because when we signed up in June, Joe Garcia was with Luxury Vallarta Rentals. His signature is on our paperwork for LVR. We cancelled our contract three days after we signed after doing research and finding so many people whe never recievied rental money or had their timeshare sold as promised. They tried to say we couldn't cancel for various reasons (we needed to do it in person or we signed something giving up our right to cancel - all bogus). We hired a lawyer here in Austin and he got them to agree to cancel, but we haven't recieved our promised refund. We are working with the credit card company and have disputed the charges and it appears we won't have any problems getting it wiped off our credit card. Based on our experience, I don't think you will get anywhere unless you hire a lawyer, our was great and specializes in Mexican Law. Sorry you got trapped too, good luck!