Granade attack in PV

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Granade attack in PV

Post by gdremark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Linda1947
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Granade Attack ??

Post by Linda1947 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Holey moley --- there are three of us scheduled to travel there in February.
Where was the attack?

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Linda, it wasn't an attack, just a tragic accident that happened at a bar frequented by locals that is not in the vicinity of any tourist spots.

gdremark, please get your facts straight.

Linda1947
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Linda1947 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Wow, scary.

I have probably been down there 6/7 times. Absolutely love it -- always stay at Melia.

I just can't imagine, even if they're having wars that anyone in the resorts would be bothered.

I want facts --- not scare tactics.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:22 pm

How many times are you going to post this?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Mike, a grenade in a backpack that goes off is not a "tragic accident". Nobody just carries a grenade in their backpack unless they have a use for it. And where was it obtained? They are not something you can get at your local gun shop. Owning, selling and carrying one is totally not legal in the U.S, Canada, Mexico and, probably, just about every country, unless you are military. Chuck... 8)

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Charlie, I am definately not one of the PV is perfect cheerleaders. What I was trying to convey to the OP was that it was not an attack aimed at tourists or in a tourist populated area. It was a poor choice of words to use, as you are right, it was no accident that the idiot was carrying a grenade, but the idiot wasn't the one who died, which is usually the case with idiots, hence the tragic part.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Got it, Mike. Thanks. This grenade thing and other things like it will continue to happen and escalate in PV and other, previously "untouchable" areas of Mexico because of the escalating drug cartel situation. No fact or figure to back up my statements because it is all speculating the future. Chuck... 8)

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

mitigated scare

Post by islena » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:38 am

IMHO: I've read various news reports on this incident. It is scary becuz. :
it happened in our beloved PV, innocent people were very seriously injured,
(the one who lost his life was one of the five suspected of involvement),
it occurred becuz of extreme stupidity (no reason for a grenade to
be in the hands of a civilian, much less in a local's nitespot in one of the world's most beautiful places.), and a lack of predictibility as to when the problems of that beautiful country will settle down.

The scare is mitigated because: it did not happen in a resort nor in an eatery or such that is frequented by international visitors, and becuz it can be a wake-up call to the local authorities, and becuz it seems to have been
utter foolishness (an "accident") rather than a deliberate attack.

If I could, I'd visit PV mañana. Hope you will too.

Islena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 am

Islena,
IMHO: I've read various news reports on this incident. It is scary becuz. :
it happened in our beloved PV, innocent people were very seriously injured,
(the one who lost his life was one of the five suspected of involvement)
That is not the truth. There was only one person with any involvement and that was the guy that was stupid enough to bring a grenade into a bar and try to show off with it. No one else was involved in his stupidity and many people ended up being the innocent victims of his actions. Is it enough to stop me from going to PV, no it isn't.

Just like the guy that walked into the Discovery Channel Bldg. in Maryland today waving a gun with bombs strapped to himself. He was an idiot who was trying to get attention. Luckily he got the attention of the snipers and no one will have to worry about him pulling anymore of his stupid stunts again. Does that mean tourists should stay away from Maryland, because after all who walks into a building with bombs strapped to themselves in the U.S.?

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid and these things happen all the time in countries all over the world. Until I see or hear of problems getting out of control in PV I will continue to to there. There are cities in Mexico I used to go to that I will no longer go to because of the increased danger but PV isn't one of them.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Remember PV is not that big and I have been all over the place around PV and Mexico. If you want the truth google for it, do NOT believe the one that live in PV they only want the income. Most of the posters have either a business or rentals and they only care about there income. I have been going to PV since before 2000 and have about 20k miles of driving in Mexico and I will tell you the way it is. I just got back from 3 weeks in PV in July and it was safe you just BETTER be aware of your surroundings.

My wife is Hispanic and from Mexico and she has a large family so we hear whats going on and you have to remember MOST things go unreported. Just be aware and don't trust most of the idiots.

Google "grenade attack in PV" you will see alot of versions but nobody just carries a grenade into a bar and it accidentally goes off. Think about it!

Go to trip advisor and go to the PV board they have (all the ones that live in PV) deleted all references to the grenade attack. That should tell tou something.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 pm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1 ... Coast.html

Go and ask about the grenade attack and watch they will attack you and delete the post!

Be prepared.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:02 am

Sorry Charlie I see you are a responsible person and I will tone it down. It is just frustrating that some people don't want anyone to know.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 am

Ok, gdremark, no more postings from you on this topic. You have had lots of rope and now you have hung your self. If I see anything further, I will delete it and recommend to the administrator that he ban you from this forum. You are more than able to post on other topics and we will welcome you. Chuck... 8)