Shooting South PV

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 pm

send me a private message with your email address and the works you need to make and I will put you in direct contact with him

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:17 pm

gdremark wrote:I'm not saying don't go, just be aware and know that things do happen even in PARIDISE.

I just got back a couple months ago and plan on another 3 weeks in Dec. and Jan.
OK, I think we've all got the message. P.V. is not perfect and use common sense. Thank you, I never would have thought that.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:01 pm

We as in people that go all the time know that things happen but people that have never gone will think nothing ever happens in paradise from most of your posts!

You regulars need not read or comment on my posts of things happening these are not for you, they are for the first timers that know nothing of PV and Mexico in general.

I'm sorry if some of you are taking hits on ur rentals and such but imho too bad!

Anyways I guess none of you have any info so ............

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:07 am

So what you are saying is that is OK to scare newcomers away, as we long time visitors know it is 95% media hype?

Give me a break. You realize the more people you scare off, the less those that live and work in PV can expect to earn. Those that continue to go, because they know it is overdone, wind up paying more.

I guess that means nothing to you as long as you get your 5 minutes of fame as a know nothing.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 am

You regulars need not read or comment on my posts of things happening these are not for you, they are for the first timers that know nothing of PV and Mexico in general.
Anybody who actually checks out this board HAS to be intelligent enough and with some means to also check out some of the news that seems to be constantly on TV and on any 'news' site on the world wide web. They already know that there is a fair bit of violence. It's all over the news today... They don't need your post to make them aware of anything. If you post anything at all, it should be upbeat, not the crap you post everywhere.... unless of course you personally were the victim of one of these shootings. Then those Mexican relatives of yours should be letting us know about your episode.

If you are supposed to be taking meds.... please get back on them.... If not: get yourself to someone who can prescribe something between a smart pill and the electroshock.

You really are a piece of work.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Wow, I think it has been at least 2 years since I have even been on this site. I used to depend on this site to gather information on the are of PV from people that are actually familiar with the city and it's surrounding areas. I also understand that it is a public site made available for any and all to join and chime in on their experiences and opinions on PV. I see that the same handful of people continue to gang up on someone that has posted something they don't like. You may not agree with what this person said (i don't), but seriously...Get A life! Here's an idea, why don't the few of you "regulars" build your own site and communicate to each other.

I don't think anyone has a reason to fear PV, it has always been safe and believe me, I didn't "hang" in the tourist part of town. I was out their shooting a Documentary in less desirable parts of town. The people were and are, very gracious of any tourist that helps the economy. I would encourage anyone wanting to travel to PV to do so. My younger brother just left today for PV for the first time. My advise to him...use common sense, be respectful and enjoy your stay!

To the judge, jury and d-bag that insists on firing back on a post that they don't like.....GROW UP.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey, Buffet, has it really been 2 years? Good to see you again. Well, I'm not among those who usually gang up on people here but this guy, gdremark, has over the past few weeks posted nothing but stuff about crime in P.V. This shooting incident is just the latest and then he spouts all these conspiracy theories about business owners trying to hush it up because he had trouble posting the same stuff on other sites. You can check out his posts over the past few weeks and see that the guy is just a little off the rails. I did stop coming to this site for a while because it was getting really nasty between some of the regulars who have a history of animosity with each other but most of that has settled down for now. Just this one guy is getting really annoying.

Tranquilo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Tranquilo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 pm

I don't consider myself a "regular" on this site either. Just joined about 6 months ago & have been watching a variety of posts in different areas. I am in the process of purchasing a very small place in Conchas Chinas & find the information most helpful.

I can't lie, posts about violence have made me concerned about buying in PV, but I still consider heart attack, cancer, auto accident more likely at my age.

In my opinion, the general nature of gdrmark's posts do come off as alarmist, but it's just his/her opinion

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Watch out Tranq you may start getting attacked now!

Good luck on the condo!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Why would anyone attack Tranquilo? Their post, in part really said it all.

"In my opinion, the general nature of gdrmark's posts do come off as alarmist, but it's just his/her opinion"

I am here now and it sure is nice and peaceful. If anything, it is still quiet as far as business goes. I saw no more Policia or Federales around then I have for the past 27 years.

The locals do say that some of the headlines from the US and I guess Canada, have put some people off, as certainly does the posts from Dgremark and it hurts them personally and certainly in the pocket book.

I will continue to have a wonderful time.

Thank you Dgremark for being this board's Chicken little.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 am

jax I figure knowledge is good, I don't keep my head in the sand or try to think for other people.

Are you a progressive, need to think for everyone else and be the one that tells them what they should and should not know?

EOM