Shooting South PV

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Shooting South PV

Post by gdremark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:51 am

Has anyone heard any more news on this?

http://www.noticiaspv.com/archivo/105146

The story, as it stands now, is that a small green van with Nevada (US) license plates drove up to El Nogalito restaurant, south of Vallarta, and two men got out, each having guns, and walked up to a table and shot point blank and killed the man sitting there with his family. They then tried to shoot his two relatives or friends at the next table, wounding both of them. They the gunmen left the restaurant. The car was soon discovered down the hwy, abandoned, with the guns inside.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 am

The story, as it stands now, is that a small green van with Nevada (US) license plates drove up to El Nogalito restaurant, south of Vallarta, and two men got out, each having guns, and walked up to a table and shot point blank and killed the man sitting there with his family. They then tried to shoot his two relatives or friends at the next table, wounding both of them. They the gunmen left the restaurant. The car was soon discovered down the hwy, abandoned, with the guns inside.
First of all, I don't care.... I know Nevada has a big criminal element... what with the gambling and hookers, and probably a few drugs... so it's no real deal to me that some Nevada residents have taken their private war south.... If... your story is true.

Just wondering what your reason for posting this is? If you are trying to scare me away from PV.... it ain't working... personally they got enough crap going down there with the poor economy and all without some non-mexican citizen stirring the pot.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Reason is it is in a nice area that tourist go to!

My wife is Hispanic and has a large family all over Mexico FYI

Any more questions?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

So is your wife's family and the guys doing the shooting tied to this thing?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:15 am

I was hoping everyone would just ignore the post. I started to reply to it and then I thought, it will turn into nothing but what he is saying. My wife's family, blah, blah, blah.

First of all he had no reason to even post his question since it was copied verbatim from the VS board. But of course, he didn't give credit to the person who posted it on that forum. Then it was discussed there by locals that actually live in PV. So when he posted here, he knew all the information there was to know about the whole incident.

I doubt that the car having Nevada plates means a thing, except that it was most likely stolen in Nevada and made it's way to Mexico. I don't think the Vegas mafia came to PV and put a hit on the guy.

It has nothing to do with the tourist population unless you are dealing drugs and cross the wrong people.

Anyone want to take bets on how many times he comments on this since someone has responded to it?

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:24 am

Seems to me that gdremark has to post things like that. His other favorite thing will make him blind.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Hey smart azz if you don't like the post ingore it!

Things are bad in Mexico and it's to bad but I care that people are aware and I don't put my business before people as some of you do.

nuff said!

Also tonto go and google the article and hit translate and it comes up so whom ever on p ricks board did the same!

And kat I'm sure you, Brenda and jr don't want anyone to not see this stuff.

nuff said!
Last edited by gdremark on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:38 am

Nice language! This is a tourist website. No one wants to read your foul mouth spew on here.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 am

Things are bad in Mexico and it's to bad but I care that people are aware
Most of the stuff that you post and have posted everywhere revolves around something bad and that scares people out of visiting.... in my opinion you are here for that purpose alone... IF I was a conspiracy theorist, I would surmise that you are shilling for some tourism agency that promotes another part of the globe.

Persons in a normal to advanced mental state (ie: majority of us) have the capability to separate fact from fiction, concern from paranoid fear, and spam from news, in the same way that we separate the fear mongering in your posts from those who have some genuine concerns when they want to travel somewhere new.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:58 pm

I do not own or have any interest in businesses in P.V. and I don't spend any where near as much time on this board as I used to but I sure am tired of gdremark and his negative posts and conspiracy theories.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 pm

One t[other thing is most likely 90% of the things that happen are never reported and do you know why?
It would hurt tourism. Does that make it right that they want to hide everything? No it doesn't. They just want the almighty Dollar or the reporters are scared!

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Why would a tourist not report something that happened to them even if it hurt tourism? Why would a tourist care about the tourism aspect? Americans and Canucks have a cultural disposition to reporting incidents to police, governments, the newspapers... hell we bitch about everything not going our way. Your 90% mindset couldn't be covered up by anything...

Listen to me very carefully.... you are not making sense... you are putting forward theories that see a boogeyman behind every 'eguana'. If it really was as bad as your mind makes it out to be, they would have got you by now. Let it go.

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:07 am

They are all reported, and local press publicize them quite heavily (read Vallarta Opina or Tribuna de la Bahia), but there are not many big fatalities to report, despite your willingness for them to happen.

You could tell many things that have go wrong in Vallarta in the past years (ageing of town, increase in night clubs, cleanliness, etc) but safety has been same as always (in the tourist areas), a different thing are the popular areas which are suffering an increase in petty crimes because of the crisis (unemployment)

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:06 am

On our first trip here 26 years ago, we were taking a taxi from our rental house to Le Kliff for dinner. On the way we were stopped by Federales looking for a bank robber, we were held on the side of the road at machine gun point for 20 minutes, and guess what? I was back the next year and the the year after that etc. In hindsight we should have been scared shitless. We get a big laugh out of it now, but believe me no one was laughing at the time. Yes, PV is different than when I first visited in 84, so is everywhere else in the world. Yes, crime has risen here, but it has in my home town also. Believe I am not one of those who views PV through rose colored glasses but I am still coming and loving it enough to buy property here. Kat and Ronald are on the mark regarding safety here. Just be aware of what's going on around you and if the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, well, common sense will tell you what to do.

grdemark, I for one, will no longer read your chicken little stories (the sky is falling), and your constant negative comments are rather boring.

Tranquilo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Tranquilo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:12 pm

I agree with Mikeypv. I live in Saginaw, MI rated by the FBI as one of the highest per-capita violence producing cities in the US. I have never seen or been the victim of violence. In fact, other than property crime, I know of only one person killed, a victim of domestic violence.

As far as PV, I am finally nearing completion of purchasing property in Conchas Chinas. My only real concerns are finding a good builder to make some changes and reliable taxis from that area. Anyone have a either recommendations for either.

Gracias!

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:17 am

As far as the house work, how big is it? I´ve gota very reliable builder and cheap, but he won´t do too small works... He just built a house for me and he is building another one in the south side (this one for sale)

ON the taxi front, I used to live in Conchas Chinas (close to the Oxxo) and I used this number of a "sitio" (best option as they give you the number of the taxi that is going to pick you up): 2215368 (local)

Regards

Tranquilo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Tranquilo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:21 am

Aploj,

Thank you for your reply. I am just buying a small condo, approx. 1302 square feet (still becoming acclimated to metric being from the subborn US!). Maybe too small for your guy?

Thank you for the info on taxis. I know that I could do the walk, but the only road I know if is quite busy.

Thanks again.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

I'm a victim of crime in P.V.

Post by condor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:04 am

I was sitting in an open air bar eating and this black bird robbed one of my french fries right off my plate. I was shocked I never order fries anymore.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm not saying don't go, just be aware and know that things do happen even in PARIDISE.

I just got back a couple months ago and plan on another 3 weeks in Dec. and Jan.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 am

I do hope dgremark, that you might give some us credit for having many friends that actually live in PV and do keep us abreast of the things going on. We do not need your harping on only the things that are tabloid type of news. Like Kat, I have friends that live in PV, both ex-pats and loads of locals. Nobody is saying at all, that PV is perfect. Where is the Utopia that you would like?

Wherever you live, give us a report from there. We might not have friends that live there and might be considering a trip to where ever it is.

There are no doubt some that have read your gloom and doom and possibly canceled a trip they wanted to make, because your hysteria frightened them off, needlessly.