Grand Miramar "mess"

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

woodie101
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Grand Miramar "mess"

Post by woodie101 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi All - just wondering who ( if anyone) has anything positive to say about their timeshare purchase from Grand Miramar. We purchased in March 2010, and altho' the resort is very nice, the details of the purchase are about as shady as they come........none of the "promised" details are happening. It's our own fault for trusting the sales people - guess we learned our lesson the hard way like so many others - and now there doesn't appear to be any way out of the mess.
Anyway - curious to hear about any actions anyone took that had positive results........
Tnks
Dave

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 am

Have you read this post on this page?
"Grand Miramar Club and Spa WARNING..." Chuck... 8)

woodie101
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by woodie101 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:18 am

Hi Chuck - Ya, I read all 4 pages, but I wondered if anyone had anything positive to say - seems there just "ain't" nothing out there....!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:13 am

I wondered if anyone had anything positive to say
There have been a couple of people that had positive results in obtaining a refund. Everyone has done a pretty good job of reporting their progress both positive and negative.

It's hard to write anything positive about the situation, even you said it was a "mess".

woodie101
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by woodie101 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 pm

True that - it is a mess......!
I've been spending quite a few hours a day for a while now reading and re-reading contracts with Miramar and their 're-sellers", and I'm no lawyer but I'm of the opinion that these re-sellers make changes during their existance to keep pressure from doing them in, and each time they make a change - regardless how good their law dept. is - they screw up somewhere in the wording of their contracts etc. My goal is to find these screw-ups and use them to get results .... may be a pipe dream -.... but at worst it would make me feel better even if nothing comes of it. If i can screw up their day by being a thorn in their side and tying up their day like they are mine, then that's good ! If I can find something that's worth posting, for sure I will.
Cheers for now............

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Check put http://www.tug2.net
I wish I had found this site b4 I ever got into timeshares. A lot of info and advice on their forum.

woodie101
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by woodie101 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:31 pm

I hear you Dave - and I also belong to TUG ( after the fact...! ) Between this site and theirs there is a ton of info - all one needs re: timeshare buying and selling.
Tnks
Dave