construction on amapas by villa olivia

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

drtricia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
construction on amapas by villa olivia

Post by drtricia » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:50 am

I was thinking about coming down to PV to use up a 2 week vacation credit at Villa Olivia on Amapas (across from Casa Corazon). They emailed me saying that their neighbor to their south had construction going on. I'm wondering if anyone currently down there could give me an idea of how bad the noise is and what is exactly being constructed where - is it on Amapas between Villa Olivia and Santa Barbara that the construction is going on? (I have supersensitive hearing and so if there are jackhammers going every day I would rather postpone till next year).
Thanks for whatever info you can post here!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am

I think the jackhammer phase is complete. But you know that they jackhammer completed buildings for water and power lines during fitup.

drtricia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

construction on amapas

Post by drtricia » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks for letting me know, but I think I will avoid that area of Amapas this winter. I've been looking for weeks trying to find a 1-month rental mid-Jan to mid-Feb such as at Loma del Mar, etc. and finding everything booked solid (studio or 1bdrm) even after dealing with several realtors. There must be something left in the Romantic zone! Any thoughts anyone?

drtricia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by drtricia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Okay, so I'm thinking of coming back down to PV this January, and curious if the construction on Amapas is done or still going on. The last I heard there was a new building going up just south of Villa Olivia and also remodeling/construction going on in the old Meza del Mar resort just past Villa Santa barbara. And, I guess there was also some construction going on at Casa Corazon. Can anyone currently down there tell me if this is done or still going on - and, if so, how noisy? I'm particularly concerned about the new building going up next to Villa Olivia on Amapas as that sounded like the worst noise level. Thanks/Gracias!