Problems posting "url links" on this board???

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru
Problems posting "url links" on this board???

Post by matt » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:33 pm

Hi all,
In the last few days, I am having problems on this board when I try to make a message post that has embedded url links. Sometimes the url link is detected and highlighted in blue (so that it can be clicked) and other times it remains as normal text. Also, on two of my posts, where I thought that the url link was properly detected, I went back later to find that the whole url link to be missing. My current settings show - UltraBoard Codes: on and HTML Tags: off. I don't know if its just my computer (or me), or if anyone else is having similar problems?

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Problems posting "url links" on this

Post by teduardo » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:33 pm

My post with links was deleted also. I emailed Mogens, he said someone else is monitoring the board while he is on vacation, and they do not allow you to post links to competing web sites.

You can be a homophobic USA bashing idiot, and your posts will stay, but don't give someone a link to a map that is actually useable.

Read this quick, it will probably be deleted.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Problems posting "url links" on this

Post by matt » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:03 pm

Thanks Ted,
I thought I was either going senile or crazy. I remember that my link to JR's PV map was deleted, but I can't remember the other link that was deleted...because I'm going senile :-)

canadianchiquita
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canadianchiquita » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:37 pm

Careful Teduardo or you might be banned!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:57 pm

Thanks Ted, the homophobic postings and anti US crap should be removed. I hope when Mogens returns he takes control back from these cretins.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:37 am

I guess that I forget this board is also part of Mogen's business of booking hotels and tours for travelers to PV. My publishing of competitor's links is like walking into someone's store and shouting out to his customers about another store's products.