The PV webcam

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kia
The PV webcam

Post by kia » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:04 pm

Before the webcam at Cheeseburgers in Paradise was swept away by Hurricane Kenna's tail, folks around the world could admire our Malecon and all the goings on there, night and day.
Now that the only webcam I know of is located at the Rosita Hotel, all the viewers see in daytime is a beach that is always empty, with the exception of a few scattered little boats. At night, the camera is too far to notice all the people walking along the Malecon.
What a shame!
We give the impression of a deserted town.
Kia

Hoolia

Re:The PV webcam

Post by Hoolia » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:03 pm

I totally AGREE. The cam at Cheeseburger in Paradise allowed a great view of all the people and ever changing Malecon. Now it is only a beach scene of boats and specks of people to hard to distinguish. I miss the malecon view. Is it possible to get it back and maybe a small view of the sand or ocean. I vote Malecon to see the goings-on.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:45 am

Beach vs Malecon, Mogens, like Rick Nelson sang in "Garden Party" you can't please everybody so you might as well please yourself, keep doing what you think is best. Big thanks for even having a webcam.

S+G

Post by S+G » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:12 am

The web cam at cheese burger in paradise was not sepwt away by Kenna but wastaken out because it was incredibly expensive to operate . I for one am really grateful to have any view of Puerto Vallarta and I think the view is fine ,my understanding is that the webcam is in part sponsored by hotel Rosita so I guess they have the right to put it where they like .Perhaps thosw who want a different view should puy up there own webcam.

Hoolia

Post by Hoolia » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:38 am

I am very grateful we even have a cam in PV. Interesting how the cam was taken out of Cheesebuger In Paradise. Mogens had once asked what we like best, and it was just an opinion. I have been going to PV for 14 years sometimes 3 times in one year. Always looking for new things to do and new places to eat. It was only a statement that I would enjoy seeing a little more of the malecon, but I am not running the show and appreciate whatever, there is to see. When the cam was at Cheeseburger we would stand in front of it at a certain time so our friends in Phoenix could look in on us, that was sure fun. The camera always brings back such fond memories and more of them to come. Thanks

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:07 pm

Better one existing webcam than a thousand memories or ideas. Real reliable webcams are expensive, the one installed is in the thousands category and furthermore they require a good, solid and reliable connection to Internet (more $). You can imagine why the proir Cheeseburger cam is not online yet (or maybe never will return). We have plans to add a webcam pointing at the malecon at a location over or close to Carlos O'Brians, plus we have another option (soon) in Nuevo Vallarta overlooking the resort pool, beach and sea... and that is just the beginning. So just be patient and enjoy what exists for the time being, it surely is better than nothing, and rest assured that we are planning more in the future.

Kind regards

Mogens

MRS B

Post by MRS B » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:17 am

I have been watching the web cam for a couple of weeks now,...in the near future I will be moving down to PV and the camera has added to my anticipation........It's true that you only see a small portion of the beach but my son has suggested I write him a message in the sand from time to time,..and I plan to take him up on that suggestion,.....for all you people who might complain of the lack of view or resolution in zooming,....let me just remind you that not all that long ago,....you had to make an appointment with the long distance operator and then sit around all day waiting for your connection which at times took more than 8 hours,....we've come a long way (technology wise) in a very few years and tend to forget how marvelous it is with just a click of a moust to be so very far away.......in real time.

Candace Carolina

Post by Candace Carolina » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:57 pm

As a resident & business owner here, I too am disappointed in the web cam view
(unfinished roof construction & the port-a-pottie on the beach).
Our Malecon, ocean & downtown is so beautiful & full of activity,
it's too bad the viewer can not see the best that PV has to offer.
Candace Carolina

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:02 pm

People find it so easy for you to complain, they don't even consider we offer the service for FREE and that Hotel Rosita is paying for it every day. Don't like it? Don't look at it! :-)

Do you have 2000 USD you can donate, plus 50 USD a month? We'd gladly install a new webcam over on Hooters or some other place like that.

Inform me if you want to donate and I'll send you the bank account info.

Greetings

Mogens
Webmaster
http://www.puertovallarta.net
Last edited by webmaster on Thu May 22, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clinta74

Post by clinta74 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:44 pm

I think that I speak for everyone, we are thankful for anycam. I also think that most of us would like to see a closer image. I do not know what kind of camera you have mounted, but because of the distance, what about a 2 or 3x teleadapter, if your camera could accept one, If it could be mounted it would help both the long view of the beach and the closeup wouldn't have to be digitally enlarged to the point of blurryness.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:25 pm

The webcam is a special outdoors network cam that cost around $1500 USD. It is encapsulated in a special body so it can tolerate rain, humidity, sun, etc. and still keep on working, so no, no modifications can be made to the lens.

One day we'll install a cam for the people-watchers, the one we have now is more for the panorama-watchers and like it or not, that's what it'll keep on doing.

Greetings

Mogens

zapata

Post by zapata » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:24 am

I wouldn't say most of us want a closer image. I like it just like it is especially when part of the ocean is in view.