Beware of the PVR addiction!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Re:Beware of the PVR addiction!

Post by el_camino88 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:58 pm

thanks a lot! ya i'm sure i will have a good birthday here in canada lol. that's awesome that you go around your anniversary, one day when i get married i'm going to do the same thing!

BJ-Bellringer

Post by BJ-Bellringer » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:22 pm

This is to be our fourth time in 4 years.
We are the worst scourge of the earth because we are bringing others with us.
Oh the shame of it! As if our addiction wasn't bad enough we are getting others hooked.
A word of advice to those who go for the first time---Do not walk the beachs and whatever you do stay indoors during the sunsets and there might be hope for you.
BJ

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:24 am

Smitty, we do the same thing. Our anniversary and my wife's birthday are both in the first week of Janaury. We never miss going down that week, and treat ourselves to dinner at River Cafe with Willie & Lobo, who are always there at that time.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:32 pm

I just want to say one more thing about addiction. Now it's not just PV I'm addicted to - it's this PV Bulletin Board! I've got it bad. I've been on here for several hours now, must leave, must leave. No wait. There must be another topic I can read. No, must leave, must leave. Help!

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:57 pm

OMG ME TOO. i always have to check every day, and even the morst boring topics...like i have to have my say. i will even check the transportation one if i see a new post...like how much of a loser am i??? i just got home from school (first day back) and here i am checking the cam and writing on the board!!! ahhhhhh.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:25 pm

As long as you are skipping over my boring postings, there's still hope for you :-)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:25 pm

melis (Sep 07, 2004 03:57 p.m.):
OMG ME TOO. i always have to check every day, and even the morst boring topics...like i have to have my say. i will even check the transportation one if i see a new post...like how much of a loser am i??? i just got home from school (first day back) and here i am checking the cam and writing on the board!!! ahhhhhh.
Well, Melis: we have to do something to keep us from being bored to tears in Southern Ontario, aye?

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:11 pm

lol def...damn southern ontario, it ruins everything lol. it's raining here right now..and cold..... :( TEAR

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:19 am

I know. It's raining here in Burlington too.

manfred from ottawa/ca

Post by manfred from ottawa/ca » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:43 am

Elena (Sep 08, 2004 09:19 p.m.):
I know. It's raining here in Burlington too.
big

rain & cold in ottawa TO!!!LOL after the my hip operation i will be back to P.vallarta for sure ,ranning after the sexy girls on the beach . back in jan. for SURE!!!!

Missing Vallarta!!!

Post by Missing Vallarta!!! » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:05 pm

melis (Sep 08, 2004 06:11 p.m.):
lol def...damn southern ontario, it ruins everything lol. it's raining here right now..and cold..... :( TEAR
Well happy birthday to you. Too bad we all couldn't have a beer for your big day down in PV but the day will come soon. Is it that cold in Canada already?
When are you going down to PV again? I spoke with my friend that lives there last night and he said that they were having some storm there, he was afraid that it was gonna bring down the electric and affect the phone call but it didn't. I thought maybe you will be there when I am and maybe we could all hang out, I have alot of friends down there because of him.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:27 pm

A while back, I decided to finally take action and break my PV addiction. So, I just stopped going, "cold turkey". For the past nine months I have fought hard every day to resist the urge to phone my travel agent. If it wasn't for all of you wonderful guys on the board, who form my PV addiction support group, I couldn't have made it this far. But, I now see that those whose strength I had depended on are themsevles breaking down and returning to their old habits of PV travel. I fear that my eventual fall from the bandwagon is evident, maybe as soon as this November :-)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:09 pm

Missing Vallarta!!! (Sep 09, 2004 10:05 a.m.):
melis (Sep 08, 2004 06:11 p.m.):
Well happy birthday to you. Too bad we all couldn't have a beer for your big day down in PV but the day will come soon. Is it that cold in Canada already?
When are you going down to PV again? I spoke with my friend that lives there last night and he said that they were having some storm there, he was afraid that it was gonna bring down the electric and affect the phone call but it didn't. I thought maybe you will be there when I am and maybe we could all hang out, I have alot of friends down there because of him.
Hi "Missing": It's not that it's so cold up here already. It's that we're getting the tail winds from Hurricane Francis. It's in retaliation for all the cold arctic air we send you every year. Sorry about that.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:11 pm

matt (Sep 09, 2004 05:27 p.m.):
A while back, I decided to finally take action and break my PV addiction. So, I just stopped going, "cold turkey". For the past nine months I have fought hard every day to resist the urge to phone my travel agent. If it wasn't for all of you wonderful guys on the board, who form my PV addiction support group, I couldn't have made it this far. But, I now see that those whose strength I had depended on are themsevles breaking down and returning to their old habits of PV travel. I fear that my eventual fall from the bandwagon is evident, maybe as soon as this November :-)
Matt: if you're relying on me in any way, we're both in trouble. I have spent the last 10 years conniving, thinking, dreaming of ways to get back to PV on a semi-permanent basis. Let's face it, we all have it bad. But you made a valiant effort. Cheers!

ts

Post by ts » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:12 pm

Like so many of you, my wife and I thought we were alone as well. We have been 16 times in the last 14 years or so. People say to us are you NUTS, there is so much world out there to explore why go back to the same place. So we think about it and say to ourselves, selves, they are right, we should go see other places, so we try, However, just like a great lover we have to go back, it really isn't a choice you know. We are heading down Sept. 26, 2004 for the first two week vacation we have taken in 22 years.

gis7366
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gis7366 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:58 pm

JJ18 (Jul 12, 2004 08:45 p.m.):
I agree with Matt, start planning your next trip now. We are not going back until Feb 2005 ( sighhhhhh we were there in Feb 2004 ) . We have been going to PV since 1988 so should qualify as an addict. Our airfare is booked, accomodations are booked and I look at this site everyday since I found it just before our last trip to gleen tidbits for our next visit. I have a word document that I paste information from vaious posts into during the year - anything that catches my eye from fav restaurants, sightseeing, good accomodations, good deals on liquoror shopping, recipes etc. When it's time for the trip I don't have to rely on my memory or go searching through a year of posts. The webcam also helps on those cold winter days when it's -40 below.
we were there last year...and we're going again...in february 2005...and the February after that and after that..hehe
YAYY FOR PVitis!!

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:03 pm

AHHHHH i'm coming back for march break of 05 :) soooo happy...first time staying at the timeshare we bought in august, and it's so nice, i cannot wait. me, my best friend, my mom and her friend! so fun, girls week in pv!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:28 pm

am i a bad person? last night, at a local vancouver mexican restaurant, ( I am a pv addict and i tried to replace pipi's restaurant in p.v. with a cheap vancouver establishment. how pathetic is that? ieven went as far as to put pictures of pipi's that we took the last time there at our table ) we were talking to a family at the table beside us about p.v. ( they have never beem to p.v. ) and to make a very long and boring story short, we convinced them that there next trip must be to p.v. i didn;t even know these people and i infected them with the p.v. addiction. i had to draw these people into my addiction. so to all you other addicts out there, be careful when you are talking about our beloved p.v. to those that have never been there.

side note. i am very proud of matt. at least you had the courage to attempt a break from p.v. it obviously failed miserably, but at least you tried, which is more than i can say about the rest of us addicts. Right Melis? bryan

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:47 am

right m.m. i tried u know, for a while we were thinking maybe cabo san lucas for march break...but i snapped and now i've told my mom that it's back to pv or bust. i can't not go there...i'm never going to see any of the rest of the world cuz of this troubling problem,,,geez louise what's a poor girl to do?

Fubar

Post by Fubar » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:07 am

Hola!
I thought it was just me.......I look at PV sights every day. Planning my next PV vacation.
Glad to hear I'm not alone!!!!!