Beware of the PVR addiction!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

connor
PV Master
PV Master
Re:Beware of the PVR addiction!

Post by connor » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:21 pm

Trust me Chinook she is happy about that. lol ((0))

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:22 pm

Smitty (Jul 10, 2004 10:29 p.m.):
I've travelled to PVR and feel a need to return. I read these forums and have to post. Nobody warned me, I'm hooked , I know I will return. Probably too late but you are warned!:)
My Wife and I are VERY Hooked need another FIX, 3 years in a row is not enough! Try El Keiosko Bar, in the small flea market, !

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I have never been anywhere outside of Canada. My boyfriend surprised me with e trip to PV in March/05. I have been a avid reader of this site since I found it. My boyfriend thinks I will know everything by the time we get there and I won't like it. I told him, NO WAY! I'm just worried that we will be bored by day 3...I don't like to just sit and do nothing. :o(

What happens if we get addicted? Wonder if the bill companies will accept "Sorry, I had to go back to PV".

Take care.

P.S. Any things we should see/do? Anything we should avoid?

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:49 pm

There is NO WAY you can get bored even if you spent 14 days (or more). I really don't have time to suggest what to do, you can find lots of suggestions on this board. Glad you will be making the trip.
<:((()))~

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:10 pm

Hi Tracy. P.V. is alot like Canada. I live in Vancouver. Lets see. Vancouver is on the Pacific ocean and so is P.V. I guess that is were the comparison ends. Like Chuck said, there is no way that you will get bored inP.V.. This b.b. is so full of information there is no way you can go through it all. Take care, Bryan

smitty

Post by smitty » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:32 pm

Tracy, #1 on your TO AVOID list - anyone that offers you free anything - quite simply its a time share hook. They work everywhere from the airport , more obvious on the street , your hotel, restaurants and even the grocery stores. A simple "no gracias" can save a lot of hassle and annoyance.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:27 am

Hate to have such a negative last posting....the sunsets and sunrises in PV are free, the smell of the ocean and jungle are free, seeing whales or dolphins in the bay is free,the goodwill offered by the natives of PV are free,your memories of PV will be priceless !

leslie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by leslie » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:29 am

My name is Leslie and I too am a PV addict.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:41 am

Hola Leslie
<:((()))~

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:36 am

hello Leslie. Welcome aboard.

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:33 am

Well, I'm not really supposed to be here. I'm really not. I don't have this addiction at all. I stayed in Bucerias. So I have nothing to worry about right? ----------- Or is that something like a gateway drug? My counselor says he's getting a little worried about me, something about hanging out with a new/clean group of friends.
Ellen

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:49 pm

Hi all,

I'm worried that once I experience PV - I will not want to leave or if I do, I will come home and sell everything just to move back. My boyfriend is scared! 103 more sleeps!

krispy fried

Post by krispy fried » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:55 pm

I agree with everyone here, I am a total pv addict, I have been 3 times this year, just returned nov 22 and am on a plane already on Jan 10th, and then we will probably move there in April. We have made to many friends there to stay away much longer. What a wonderful, wonderful place.

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:02 am

Hi, my name is Tim, and I'm also a PV addict. However, in a matter of days I will be back to face my addiction!!!!!!!! Thank God... I don't think I can handle much more of this grey, cold, foggy weather here! See you all there Jan 8!

margarita man

Post by margarita man » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:07 am

Welcome aboard Tim. I know how you feel. I am from White Rock, B.C.

MikeyandGabby

Post by MikeyandGabby » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:57 pm

matt (Nov 12, 2004 06:09 p.m.):
Thanks Mike,
It was good to see you again also. I guess I'll be down here for another month or so. Hope to see you again on your next trip!
Regards,
Matt
Well Matt...seems like I can not go more than 3 months with out a trip. Going to likely be there again on the 19th of Feb. Hopefully 2 weeks. Staying at the Trop this time again. How about you? Going to be around?

budweiser
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by budweiser » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:43 am

I got it bad, real bad....It is sooooo addictive, I realized it about 1 day into the trip, my wife would find me sitting motionless in a daze on our patio staring out over the bay, she would try and bring me back with a question...and get nothing but a "huh" for a reply. I would have all the obvious indicators....a smile that wouldnt go away, the urge to talk to everyone i came in contact with, repetative speech "I could really see us living here" atleast 5 times a day. The worst part of PV Addiction is the Cold Turkey withdrawl...when the wheels lift off the runway.....CRY

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:58 am

Budweiser we all feel your anguish - just think when you are truly hooked and there is no coming back - your new name will be Pacifico or Corona or even Sol !

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:14 pm

You will be alright Bud. Another 5 trips and you will not ever want to go home again. Smitty is right. It happened to us. SOL is in our email address now.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:51 pm

i miss p.v....i wish i was going this year... :(