Beware of the PVR addiction!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Beware of the PVR addiction!

Post by smitty » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:29 am

I've travelled to PVR and feel a need to return. I read these forums and have to post. Nobody warned me, I'm hooked , I know I will return. Probably too late but you are warned!:)

jillybean76
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:Beware of the PVR addiction!

Post by jillybean76 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:23 am

Its funny you say that, cause it is definately the truth. I went there in April of this year and I had to go back, my next trip is already booked for August, I met alot of new friends there. I love PV!!

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:17 pm

I've read in the professional journals that recovery from acute PV addiction requires one of those "12-Step" programs. I don't remember all of them, but one of the steps involved the purchase of airline tickets to PV, so the affected patient could return and face their addiction. Remember that the first step in any road to recovery is admitting that you have a problem :-)

Post by 79 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:40 pm

matt (Jul 11, 2004 12:17 p.m.):
WELL YOU GUYS R RITE ,,MY VERY FIRST TIME IN VALLARTA I WAS 10 YEARS OLD ,,,THEN AT MY 16 CAME BACK FOR VACATION AND GUESS WHAT ,,I LIVE HERE NOW !! I TRY TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT DOESNT WORK SO I'LL COME BACK AGAIN ,,,SO HERE I AM ,,IN PUERTO VALLARTA !!!!!!!!! CHEERS EVRYONE !!!!

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:53 pm

lol everyone. thank you all. we are not alone. i keep on telling my wife that we are not the only people with pvitis. it started with us 10 yrs ago. i have been told that there is no known cure. as was said previously, the only thing to do is face your problems.
i think we should set up a meeting place so we can all get together and talk to one another, and help each other out. were can we meet though? p.v. sounds good to me. were in p.v. and when ? i say in nov. at pipi's restaurant. anyone?

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:02 am

Hello, my name is Canucker... I am a PV addict...

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:09 am

Hello, my name is Randy, I am a PV addict.

Grace

Post by Grace » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:28 pm

I just came back from PV on Saturday and feel sad that my vacation was not longer. (First time there) I met so many good people and have nothing but good reports of my vacation. We stayed at the Marriot and the staff was the friendliest I had ever encountered. Our trip started with Olympus staff meeting us at the airport and Uzuell was very generous and even offered to show us around PV after he got out of work.
As I got on the plane, I felt sad that I was leaving as I was already attached to some of the people. I made good friends, had good food, and overall I am now hooked.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:02 am

Hello, my name is Matt. I am not a PV addict. I mean, I just go for fun. Really! ...I could stop going anytime, if I wanted to.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:05 am

Hi Grace,
The only way to overcome the PV departure blues is to start planing your next trip, even if it will be many months away :-)
Matt

jfinlay
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jfinlay » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 am

I agree with Matt, start planning your next trip now. We are not going back until Feb 2005 ( sighhhhhh we were there in Feb 2004 ) . We have been going to PV since 1988 so should qualify as an addict. Our airfare is booked, accomodations are booked and I look at this site everyday since I found it just before our last trip to gleen tidbits for our next visit. I have a word document that I paste information from vaious posts into during the year - anything that catches my eye from fav restaurants, sightseeing, good accomodations, good deals on liquoror shopping, recipes etc. When it's time for the trip I don't have to rely on my memory or go searching through a year of posts. The webcam also helps on those cold winter days when it's -40 below.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:25 am

matt (Jul 12, 2004 08:02 p.m.):
Hello, my name is Matt. I am not a PV addict. I mean, I just go for fun. Really! ...I could stop going anytime, if I wanted to.

DAMN IT MATT. admit it. why don't you come clean and admit it. lol honestly, i refused to admit that i was addicted for a long time. but now that i have and with the help of other b.b. members i can live my life accordingly. like planning my trip a year in advance, and having the suit cases in the spare bedroom on the bed 6 weeks before we leave. Remember matt you are among friends.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:59 pm

Ok MM,
Maybe I do have a PV addiction problem, but it's just a LITTLE one :-)

Actually, I'm dying to get back down there. I haven't been to PV since just before last Christmas, and the year is more than halfway through. I must be suffering from extended withdrawal symptoms!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:13 pm

OK OK OK, can we now tone this talk on addiction down a bit!! We'll soon have people changing their vacation destination due to all you weak minded addicts out there!!! Get a hold of yourselves! Shame on you all! Bad boys and girls! :-D
Actually, I hope you all become stinking rich and come down to Vallarta 50 times a year and reserve your tours and hotels on this site! hehehe.

You should all start organizing meetings in Vallarta, if possible I'd like to participate if only to gloat... ;-)

Greetings

Mogens

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:32 pm

i am prud of you matt.
good plan mogens. i have already suggested nov. but it is looking more and more like it will be janruary for us. Jen might not be able to get off for 2 weeks until then. i don't want to wait that long. but meeting up with other addicts is a great idea. let's plan.

glory

Post by glory » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:17 am

I must admit that both my husband and I are addicts.....just came back in May and are booked for October! The shameful thing that I hate to admit is we took nine family member including our two grandkids and now THEY ARE ALL ADDICTS. i guess I am a bad person, but it is SOOO GREAT.

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tgammon » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:39 pm

margarita man (Jul 13, 2004 07:32 p.m.):
i am prud of you matt.
good plan mogens. i have already suggested nov. but it is looking more and more like it will be janruary for us. Jen might not be able to get off for 2 weeks until then. i don't want to wait that long. but meeting up with other addicts is a great idea. let's plan.
If you go in January, there is a good change we'll be down at Paradise Village then...our plan right now is probably the 3rd week or so if we can get in there...maybe we'll see you!

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:34 pm

ah, so good to be among friends. i thought i was alone. my name is melissa and i am a pv addict.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:56 pm

TAG (Jul 14, 2004 11:39 a.m.):
margarita man (Jul 13, 2004 07:32 p.m.):
i am prud of you matt.
If you go in January, there is a good change we'll be down at Paradise Village then...our plan right now is probably the 3rd week or so if we can get in there...maybe we'll see you!

hey tag that might be a possibility. we are planning to stay at the paradise village as well. have you stayed there before. we have. it is a great resort. it looks more and more like jan is going to be the time for us.

congratulations melis. welcome.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:56 am

We will be down there in January also, from the 2nd through the 9th, staying at Mayan Palace at the Marina. But the main purpose of that trip is to furnish our new condo which we should be closing on in December. If anyone is around, we would be glad to host a celebratory housewarming. Cannot possibly say how excited we are.