timeshares ROCK!! :)

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

charlieb
Re:timeshares ROCK!! :)

Post by charlieb » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:38 am

Luckily, unlike Karina, I'll bet most people are honest in their lives. Chuck

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:21 pm

I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth here.

My profession in sales and, believe me, it is one of the hardest jobs in the world. My personal viewpoint is that if we, as sales people, didn't sell things a terrible thing would happen ... NOTHING. When you really look at how the world works, every business in it would go belly up if sales people didn't do what they were supposed to do ... SELL.

Having said that, I am a real estate agent ... undoubtedly the toughest sales job of any of them. I work strictly on commission (as all RE sales people do) which makes things tougher. If I don't sell somoething I don't eat. Or worse, I can't make my yearly pilgrimage to PV :-( But I depend upon my clients to be HONEST with me so that I can do the best possible job for them and to not waste any of their, or my, valuable time.

I fully agree that many of the OPCs use tactics that are underhanded. And having attended a timeshare presentation or 2 myself, I would also agree that the closers use hardball tactics to close the deals. FYI, all of these tactics ARE NOT something that a true sales professional would ever use in their day-to-day activities.

As to "financing" your vacation by attending presentations ... give me a break. If you can't afford to go on vacation on your own "dime", then don't go. Or cut back on certain other expenses, eat as a taco stsand for dinner once or twice, etc.

But remember, folks, the real issue here is about being HONEST and about not wasting someone's professional time. True, the OPCs make money sending you to the presentations. But if you have no desire to purchase what they're selling, you are being dishonest, regardless of what you tell the OPC. You wouldn't stand for someone wasting your time at work, especially if you're on commission and your time is precious.

But here's the worst part ... by taking advantage of the process, you are simply furthering the scams. Simply put, the more unqualified prospects that go to the presentations, the worse the closing-to-guest ratio will be. And as the ratios get worse, the more OPCs they'll hire. It is a vicious circle !!!!!

In conclusion, I personally feel that the people who take advantage of the process are just as bad as the people in the process.

karinav3
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by karinav3 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:32 pm

(jenny ???)

Whatever.. no one is judging you.. get over yourself... we are here to write about our trips.
give some information about our trips.. and things we enjoy to do.. not to argue about who is
honest and who is not.. yeah your honest, you are going to heaven .. happy now.. MOVE ON!!
this topic is not just about YOU!!!

So please don't get me started... I am not here to explain about how moral and honest I am.. I could
careless about what you do.. it's your life not mine...

Anyways... Free $$, Free Alcohol... Party Party

karinav3
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by karinav3 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:33 pm

and CHRLIE ALSO... their are some wings in heaven for you also...

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:18 pm

If you could care less what I do, why judge me as though you know me? I didn't judge you, just explained that it's not worth MY time, and why I thought it wasn't worth my time...please read my full post before you go postal next time, huh?

I'm certainly no angel, but I'm also a realist...nothing is ever free sweetie. Not even money. Just something to think about.

katnsocal

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:27 pm

quote:
As to "financing" your vacation by attending presentations ... give me a break. If you can't afford to go on vacation on your own "dime", then don't go. Or cut back on certain other expenses, eat as a taco stsand for dinner once or twice, etc.

Pretty much says it all.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:16 pm

Karina, you must be quite young with little life experience under your belt. Don't worry, there is hope for you. Chuck

karinav3
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by karinav3 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:56 pm

Well Mrs. Jennybean..

I am not going to read this topic anymore.. so if you guys want to respond great..
I read over what I wrote but I don't recall replying to you.. about your life.. I don't see your
name on my posting from yesterday.. you thought I was addressing my reply to u, but I was actually
just writting my thoughts about timeshare..

And for Mr. Charlie.. My age is not your concern, it's just funny how people get all excited over a topic, this
is not politics we are discussing we are talking about timeshares, if you are so worried about there income, well
give them donations then...

And for the person talking about expenses.. you don't know what I do, you don't know what I can afford or not.

When you guys go to the supermarket and they have vendors given out samples of food .. whatever.. if you take one
is that a crime? they are given it to you for free right! they are loosing money given out free samples and people aren't
buying that food product right? well same s***!

I am done with you guys so fight among yourselves I have better things to do than to read than read the crappy insults you
guys have to write...
who cares what we do during our vacations stop sticking your nose in other people vacation plans..

If we want to go to the timeshare meeting don't worry about it.. no one is taking up your time......

if you are in this site to talk s*** to people about what we do.. fing another site..!!!

I am done.............

have a great day

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:26 am

Kat and marcus that was uncalled for. are you implying that vacations are only for people who are privilaged? nice to know your such an elitist group here on this board.

as for the rest of it.... i notice that when someone doesnt subscribe to your way of thinking you have to come out in force and tell everyone why they are wrong. charlie b, jennybean, katnsocal, and winterpeg man i am suprised he isnt on this thread also...

if someone chooses to do something you wouldnt do doesnt make them a bad person or not worthy of a vacation. just cause i went on a time share and was greatful for the extra cash doesnt give anyone the right to judge me. that doesnt make me dishonost as charlie b already pointed out to me. i just cant get over the level of sanctimonious rightousness that you guys have. it must be nice ot live on a pedastal. i however live in a little place i like to call reality

i have my opinion and i choose to post it.

i have read many things that i dont agree with but hey thats other peoples opinions that doesnt mean they have to agree with mine. i am not a borg and i dont feel a need to subscribe to the party line. you can debate the pros and cons wihtout attacking an dganging up on someone... very immature.

do you guys wish to run off any new poster with an opinion that differs so they dont dirty up your lily white board? please!!! have respect and you will get it....

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:00 am

Hello everyone! I am able to respond to this thread from several different perspectives. I own a couple of timeshares, in Puerto Vallarta and elsewhere. Through them I have come to love PV and have bought a condo in PV and now don’t know what to do with my timeshares. But I would never have discovered PV if it were not for timeshares. I sell new homes for a living in Tucson AZ, but also sold timeshares in Tucson for a few months so I can view it from the other side as well. Timeshares are great for some people and not for others. The biggest problem with timeshares is how they are marketed and sold, and unfortunately, that will never change. Some timeshare people and companies are very professional and others are not. Perhaps it would be useful if Mogens were to create a section where people can rate and discuss their experiences at the different timeshare resorts/presentations.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:16 pm

Sacheen, you need to back up this train, now. Please point out to me where in my post I inferred what THEY were doing is wrong, or what YOU did was wrong...if you read it again (and I ask that you do before you respond to this) it says that I don't think it's worth 3 hours of my time, and not enough money to compensate ME for the loss of those three hours on MY vacation, especially when the money you are earning comes out of the pocket of people you are purporting to help.

Reading is a skill, people!!!

If you have anything else to say to me, there is an email address right there, use it. You don't know a damn thing about me to pass judgment, so I suggest you stop doing so. One trip to Mexico does not qualify you as an expert on PV (if you recall I was one of many people - including those you single out for ridicule - who helped you with your questions before your trip last month!), nor does it qualify you to psychoanalyze me.

I'm done with you.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Randy, I like your suggestion. Sounds like a great idea.

katnsocal

Post by katnsocal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:03 pm

Sacheen,
You want to discuss your opinion vs mine, take it where it belongs, off a public forum and to my private email.

Dancerforlife

Post by Dancerforlife » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:25 pm

I think you are way off on this one Sacheen. A trip to PV is not just for the 'privileged' as you put it. I work my butt off to go on a vacation so that I have enough money. Its a simple thing. I was brought up that if I don't have the money for something I don't get it, so if I don't have the money to pay for a vacation, I don't go. More people should figure that out and then maybe some people wouldn't get themselves so far into debt with credit cards and such. I am completely with Kat and whoever else that says "If you can't afford it, don't go". It is very simple logic. Not meant to be offensive to you or anyone else, its just obvious.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Hi Randy, do you think it would be a useful section? How could we make it more general... Rate Vallarta Services... or something like that? Any suggestions are welcome!

Kind regards

Mogens

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:58 pm

"are you implying that vacations are only for people who are privilaged?"

I do not think anyone here implied that vacations were only for the privileged, only that one should save up enough money to take one without having to bilk a salesperson out of a couple hundred bucks.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:20 pm

"Rate Vallarta Services"

Restaurants, bars, esthetics, coffee houses, tour providers, hotels, airlines that service PV, etc etc etc

Most companies pay marketing gurus big money to find out what you think about service in these areas. I spent several years doing surveys and focus groups for big companies as a side job for a little extra money - let me tell you, they ALL want to know what you think and what they could be doing better. I think a forum where you could go and even do a short survey or poll would be useful...not just for the businesses, but for newcomers.

I would say though, that if there are criticisms about any business on the service list, that they be provided with some backup - just saying for example "Club X sucks!" and leaving without giving a reason, doesn't a) give anyone any information as to why, b) doesn't give the business any viable reason to change, and c) doesn't offer any positive alternatives to what occurs now that made you think the business sucked.

Just a thought. (-:

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:54 pm

OK, just a note, for those that want to continue fighting over if it is or not a good idea to earn money of OPCs and timeshare presentations, please don't post comments here, it's all become a bit to heated, I'd recomment you use personal e-mails. Comments will be erased.

Let's get something positive out of all this, Randy's came up with a great idea and I'd appreciate your feedback (like Jenny, thanks). Sounds like a great idea, but what do YOU think?

Greetings

Mogens

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:59 pm

Actually, I was thinking more of a board devoted specifically to all things having to do with timeshares. I understand that it might overlap somewhat with the hotel/condo review board. But the timeshare business plays a big role in the Puerto Vallarta economy and affects, positively and negatively, vacations of many people. I would guess, and could be wrong here, that the majority of vacationers to Vallarta are either on a timeshare exchange or are using a timeshare week they own. I would also guess that a significant percentage, although probably not a majority, of vacationers attend a timeshare presentation during their vacation. So I believe that many people have some experience with timeshares on their vacations which they could share with others in this forum, including both good and bad experiences, advice, etc.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:08 pm

Along the lines of what TUG (Timeshare Users Group) does Randy, is that what you're thinking? I was just thinking of a forum devoted to the timeshare stuff amongst other businesses, not a whole website board. (-: But I see your point and the value behind it.